• State of the Union address

From Hank@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 7 10:49:51 2023
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy Puklosi did during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear the same color outfit in protest? Wil Republicans all stay seated when something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

George.Anthony <~~~because everybody wants to be like George

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George Antphony@21:1/5 to Hank on Tue Feb 7 13:10:15 2023
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 2:49:53 AM UTC+8, Hank wrote:
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy Puklosi did during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear the same color outfit in protest? Wil Republicans all stay seated when something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

Well thanks Honk I’m flattered you want to be like me!
    George

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Hank on Tue Feb 7 17:47:14 2023
    On 2/7/2023 12:49 PM, Hank wrote:

There is the flaw in you comments. Nothing good will be said.

It may be fun to watch.

--
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to trailbl...@gmail.com on Wed Feb 8 07:40:52 2023
    On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 10:49:53 AM UTC-8, trailbl...@gmail.com wrote:

It may be fun to watch.

Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more than a minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he put on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up for Social Security and Medicare. That should take
    care of their fantasies of cutting those programs for the next 2 years.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security turned into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

“Some Republicans want Social Security and Medicare to sunset,” Biden said.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) shook his head as many Republicans yelled “no,” and some yelled “liar.”

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a copy of the proposal,” Biden said in an ad-libbed line as Republicans continued to shake their heads and boo.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) stood up and pointed her finger at Biden, and yelled “liar” after she sat down.

Some Republicans have floated entitlement reform ideas like raising the Social Security retirement age, but McCarthy has repeatedly said that changes to entitlements are not on the table during debt limit negotiations. Republicans have called for
    discretionary spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt limit, with an expected early June deadline.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell you, I enjoy conversion,” Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

“Other Republicans say – I don’t think it’s a majority of you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…”

Jeers from GOP members asking Biden to say a name interrupted him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,” Biden said. “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by some.”

Calls of “liar” continued and then lightly died down, as McCarthy slightly shook his head and appeared to softly shush his fellow Republicans.

“So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security and Medicare is off the books now, right?” Biden said.

“Alright,” he added, with a thumbs-up.

Democrats and some Republicans stood up to cheer.

“Let’s all agree — and we apparently are — let’s stand up for seniors,” Biden said.

McCarthy rose from his seat and applauded, as did members of both parties."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3848586-biden-has-tense-exchange-with-republicans-on-social-security-during-state-of-the-union/

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Feb 8 08:20:22 2023
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7:40:54 AM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:

It may be fun to watch.

Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more than a minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he put on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up for Social Security and Medicare. That should take care of
    their fantasies of cutting those programs for the next 2 years.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security turned into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) shook his head as many Republicans yelled “no,” and some yelled “liar.”

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a copy of the proposal,” Biden said in an ad-libbed line as Republicans continued to shake their heads and boo.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) stood up and pointed her finger at Biden, and yelled “liar” after she sat down.

Some Republicans have floated entitlement reform ideas like raising the Social Security retirement age, but McCarthy has repeatedly said that changes to entitlements are not on the table during debt limit negotiations. Republicans have called for
    discretionary spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt limit, with an expected early June deadline.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell you, I enjoy conversion,” Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

“Other Republicans say – I don’t think it’s a majority of you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…”

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,” Biden said. “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by some.”

Calls of “liar” continued and then lightly died down, as McCarthy slightly shook his head and appeared to softly shush his fellow Republicans.

“So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security and Medicare is off the books now, right?” Biden said.

“Let’s all agree — and we apparently are — let’s stand up for seniors,” Biden said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3848586-biden-has-tense-exchange-with-republicans-on-social-security-during-state-of-the-union/

TB

Republicans want cuts to the DOJ, FBI, IRS, Education, & spending for the Ukraine War.... They want investigations into the Bidens, and those investigating them.... They want lots of attention for their demands, too!

Rush Limbaugh Jr.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Feb 8 12:20:28 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 10:49:53 AM UTC-8,
    trailbl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy Puklosi did
    during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear the same color
    outfit in protest? Wil Republicans all stay seated when something
    good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more than a
    minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he put on
    a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up for
    Social Security and Medicare. That should take care of their
    fantasies of cutting those programs for the next 2 years.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security turned
    into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) shook his head as many
    Republicans yelled “no,” and some yelled “liar.”

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) stood up and pointed her finger
    at Biden, and yelled “liar” after she sat down.

Some Republicans have floated entitlement reform ideas like raising
    the Social Security retirement age, but McCarthy has repeatedly
    said that changes to entitlements are not on the table during debt
    limit negotiations. Republicans have called for discretionary
    spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt limit, with an
    expected early June deadline.

“Other Republicans say – I don’t think it’s a majority of
    you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…”

Calls of “liar” continued and then lightly died down, as
    McCarthy slightly shook his head and appeared to softly shush his
    fellow Republicans.

“So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security and
    Medicare is off the books now, right?” Biden said.

“Let’s all agree — and we apparently are — let’s stand up
    for seniors,” Biden said.

McCarthy rose from his seat and applauded, as did members of both
    parties."

TB

--------------------------------------------------------------
    What WAS Said

“Some Republicans want Medicare and Social Security to sunset. I’m not saying it’s a majority.”

This needs context. President Biden implied that the Republicans who
    wanted to allow Social Security and Medicare to sunset were tying
    those demands to the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit.

It is true that a couple of Republicans have suggested allowing those entitlement programs to sunset as mandatory spending, instead bringing
    them up for regular renewal. But Republicans have recently distanced themselves from such efforts. Speaker Kevin McCarthy, Republican of California, has said that cuts to Social Security and Medicare are
    “off the table” in talks over raising the debt ceiling, which Congress must vote to do in the coming month or risk a default on the
    government’s bills. Likewise, President Donald J. Trump has warned Republicans to leave the programs alone in the negotiations. Mr.
    Biden, nodding to lawmakers responding to his speech, acknowledged
    that it seemed that cuts to the programs were “off the books now.” ------------------------------------------------------- https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/08/us/politics/fact-check-biden-state-of-the-union.html

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Wed Feb 8 12:37:18 2023
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7:40:54 AM UTC-8, Technobarbarian
    wrote:
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy Puklosi
    did during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear the same
    color outfit in protest? Wil Republicans all stay seated when
    something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he put
    on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up
    for Social Security and Medicare. That should take care of their

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address
    that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security
    turned into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and
    apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

“Some Republicans want Social Security and Medicare to
    sunset,” Biden said.

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a
    copy of the proposal,” Biden said in an ad-libbed line as
    Republicans continued to shake their heads and boo.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) stood up and pointed her
    finger at Biden, and yelled “liar” after she sat down.

Some Republicans have floated entitlement reform ideas like
    raising the Social Security retirement age, but McCarthy has
    repeatedly said that changes to entitlements are not on the table
    during debt limit negotiations. Republicans have called for
    discretionary spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt
    limit, with an expected early June deadline.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell you, I enjoy
    conversion,” Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

Jeers from GOP members asking Biden to say a name interrupted
    him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,” Biden said.
    “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by
    some.”

fellow Republicans.

“Let’s all agree — and we apparently are — let’s stand
    up for seniors,” Biden said.

parties."

TB

Republicans want cuts to the DOJ, FBI, IRS, Education, & spending
    for the Ukraine War.... They want investigations into the Bidens,
    and those investigating them.... They want lots of attention for
    their demands, too!

Do you think the Bidens should Not be investigated?

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Feb 8 13:14:02 2023
    On 2/8/2023 9:40 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

It may be fun to watch.

Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more than a minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he put on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up for Social Security and Medicare. That should take
    care of their fantasies of cutting those programs for the next 2 years.

TB

Lies, I tell you, lies! The only time he wasn't lying was when his lips weren't moving. I'd love to see some honest fact checking on this
    disaster of a SOTU address.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Wed Feb 8 15:14:07 2023
    George.Anthony wrote:
    On 2/8/2023 9:40 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy Puklosi did
    during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear the same color outfit
    in protest? Wil Republicans all stay seated when something good is
    said?

It may be fun to watch.

Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more
    than a minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read, he
    put on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans to stand up

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address that
    aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security turned
    into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and apparent
    agreement — during the annual speech.

“Some Republicans want Social Security and Medicare to sunset,” >> Biden said.

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a copy
    of the proposal,” Biden said in an ad-libbed line as Republicans
    continued to shake their heads and boo.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) stood up and pointed her finger
    at Biden, and yelled “liar” after she sat down.

Some Republicans have floated entitlement reform ideas like raising
    the Social Security retirement age, but McCarthy has repeatedly said
    that changes to entitlements are not on the table during debt limit
    negotiations. Republicans have called for discretionary spending
    cuts as a condition of raising the debt limit, with an expected
    early June deadline.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell you, I enjoy >> conversion,” Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,” Biden said. “I’m
    politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by some.”

fellow Republicans.

up for seniors,” Biden said.

parties."

TB

Lies, I tell  you, lies! The only time he wasn't lying was when his
    lips weren't moving. I'd love to see some honest fact checking on this disaster of a SOTU address.

but but but, he was at the top of his game in his delivery of it.
    However comma the metrics of his game tops are not very impressive.

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to bfh on Wed Feb 8 17:11:06 2023
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:37:21 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    wrote:
    something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

sunset,†Biden said.

Republicans yelled “no,†and some yelled “liar.â€

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a >> copy of the proposal,†Biden said in an ad-libbed line as

finger at Biden, and yelled “liar†after she sat down.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell you, I enjoy >> conversion,†Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…â€

him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,†Biden said.
    some.â€

Calls of “liar†continued and then lightly died down, as
    fellow Republicans.

Medicare is off the books now, right?†Biden said.

“Alright,†he added, with a thumbs-up.

up for seniors,†Biden said.

parties."

TB

their demands, too!
    --
    bill

What do you want them investigated for, exactly? Just to find out how sleazy the fruit of Bradon's loins is? (Admittedly, I'm a bit curious myself!) What sort of crimes are we looking for? I have no doubt, that Hunter milked being Joe's brat for
    all it was worth on dad's good name, but do you think Joe made money any of his kid's schemes?

Fact of the matter is, rich, well connected kids, get perks, & advantages, unknown to the rest of us bottom feeders.... I believe it was a Bush kid, who was the CEO of some company in Thailand, who admitted during a divorce trial, that he was unsure
    of exactly what that company's product was?

Fair is fair! Let the investigations begin! MTG, will no doubt act like she's at some kind of ball game, howling, "Throw the bum out!" Ol' Hillary, will make a killin', learnin' Democrats how to handle those pesky investigations... HawHawHaw!

Jurenz Prudenz Jr.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Wed Feb 8 21:34:19 2023
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7:40:54 AM UTC-8,
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    Will Kevin McCarthy do the childish things that Nancy
    Puklosi did during Trumps SOTU? Will republicans all wear
    the same color outfit in protest? Wil Republicans all stay
    seated when something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

George.Anthony <~~~because everybody wants to be like
    George
    Normally i don't listen to politician speaking for more than
    a minute. This was not an exception. But, from what I read,
    he put on a pretty good performance. He got the Republicans
    to stand up for Social Security and Medicare. That should
    take care of their fantasies of cutting those programs for
    the next 2 years.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union
    address that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social
    Security turned into an unusual moment of live policy
    discussion — and apparent agreement — during
    the annual speech.

“Some Republicans want Social Security and Medicare to >>>> sunset,†Biden said.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) shook his head as
    many Republicans yelled “no,†and some yelled >>>> “liar.â€

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll
    give you a copy of the proposal,†Biden said in an
    ad-libbed line as Republicans continued to shake their heads
    and boo.

finger at Biden, and yelled “liar†after she sat >>>> down.

repeatedly said that changes to entitlements are not on the
    table during debt limit negotiations. Republicans have called
    for discretionary spending cuts as a condition of raising the
    debt limit, with an expected early June deadline.

“Well, I’m glad to see — and now, I tell
    you, I enjoy conversion,†Biden said in reaction,
    prompting laughs.

“Other Republicans say – I don’t think
    it’s a majority of you, I don’t even think
    it’s a significant…â€

Jeers from GOP members asking Biden to say a name
    interrupted him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,â€
    Biden said. “I’m politely not naming them, but
    it’s being proposed by some.â€

Calls of “liar†continued and then lightly died >>>> down, as McCarthy slightly shook his head and appeared to
    softly shush his fellow Republicans.

“So folks, as we all apparently agree, Social Security
    and Medicare is off the books now, right?†Biden said.

“Let’s all agree — and we apparently are
    — let’s stand up for seniors,†Biden said.

McCarthy rose from his seat and applauded, as did members of
    both parties."

TB

Republicans want cuts to the DOJ, FBI, IRS, Education, &
    spending for the Ukraine War.... They want investigations into
    the Bidens, and those investigating them.... They want lots of
    attention for their demands, too!
    Do you think the Bidens should Not be investigated? -- bill

What do you want them investigated for, exactly? Just to find
    out how sleazy the fruit of Bradon's loins is? (Admittedly, I'm a
    bit curious myself!) What sort of crimes are we looking for? I
    have no doubt, that Hunter milked being Joe's brat for all it was
    worth on dad's good name, but do you think Joe made money any of
    his kid's schemes?

Fact of the matter is, rich, well connected kids, get perks, &
    advantages, unknown to the rest of us bottom feeders.... I believe
    it was a Bush kid, who was the CEO of some company in Thailand,
    who admitted during a divorce trial, that he was unsure of exactly
    what that company's product was?

Fair is fair! Let the investigations begin! MTG, will no doubt
    act like she's at some kind of ball game, howling, "Throw the bum
    out!" Ol' Hillary, will make a killin', learnin' Democrats how to
    handle those pesky investigations... HawHawHaw!

Does all of that mean that you think they should?

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Thu Feb 9 13:21:14 2023
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:11:08 PM UTC-8, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

sunset,†Biden said.

Republicans yelled “no,†and some yelled “liar.â€

“Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a >> copy of the proposal,†Biden said in an ad-libbed line as

conversion,†Biden said in reaction, prompting laughs.

you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…â€

him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,†Biden said. >> “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by
    some.â€

fellow Republicans.

parties."

TB

their demands, too!
    --
    bill
    What do you want them investigated for, exactly? Just to find out how sleazy the fruit of Bradon's loins is? (Admittedly, I'm a bit curious myself!) What sort of crimes are we looking for? I have no doubt, that Hunter milked being Joe's brat for all it
    was worth on dad's good name, but do you think Joe made money any of his kid's schemes?

Fact of the matter is, rich, well connected kids, get perks, & advantages, unknown to the rest of us bottom feeders.... I believe it was a Bush kid, who was the CEO of some company in Thailand, who admitted during a divorce trial, that he was unsure of
    exactly what that company's product was?

Fair is fair! Let the investigations begin! MTG, will no doubt act like she's at some kind of ball game, howling, "Throw the bum out!" Ol' Hillary, will make a killin', learnin' Democrats how to handle those pesky investigations... HawHawHaw!

Jurenz Prudenz Jr.

One of the fun things going on here is all the stuff the GOP doesn't want to talk about OR investigate.

"REPORT: JARED KUSHNER’S $2 BILLION SAUDI CHECK APPEARS EVEN MORE COMICALLY CORRUPT THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT
    “The reason this smells so bad is that there is all sorts of evidence he did not receive this on the merits.”"

"Back in April, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner’s four years of Saudi ass-kissing and murder-excusing had paid off in the form of a $2 billion investment from the kingdom‘s sovereign wealth fund to his newly formed private equity firm.
    "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia

"Both Kushner and Trump announced they would not take a salary while working for the government in an attempt to shut down nepotism concerns. While their supporters marked this as a public sacrifice, the massive amount of money they made on the side
    undercuts that argument, as government salaries would have been less than 1% of their income.

One major factor in their outside profits came from Ivanka Trump’s ownership stake in the Trump Hotel in DC, just blocks from the White House and the locus of influence peddling in the Trump administration. Before business slowed down due to the
    pandemic, the couple paid a combined 23 visits to the hotel. All told, Ivanka made more than $13 million from the hotel since 2017, dropping from about $4 million a year between 2017 and 2019 to about $1.5 million last year, at least in part due to the
    pandemic. On top of the drop in revenue, there’s an unexplained drop in the value of her ownership. Having previously claimed it to be worth between $5 million and $25 million, in her final disclosure she listed it as only worth $100,000 to $250,000.
    She did not report selling any of her ownership share in the hotel.

The hotel was far from Ivanka Trump’s only controversial source of income while working in the White House.
    [snip]

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/

When the Trump Organization tangled with the majority owner of a property in Panama, for example, its local lawyers at one point called on the Panamanian president for an assist.

In Indonesia, the government is helping to build a major new highway that will make a new Trump development more accessible. Construction is scheduled to begin soon on what will be known as Trump Residences Lido, which will include 280 homes, a golf
    course and a hotel, south of Jakarta.

The Trump family’s partner in Indonesia — a billionaire named Hary Tanoesoedibjo — is financing the project, with the Trump family getting a cut of the sales.

In marketing materials released this summer, which featured the Trump family logo and a photograph of Donald Trump Jr., the company noted that the “Trump Residences Lido can be accessed directly through the newly opened Bocimi Toll Road.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html

OTOH Hunter has been selling his painting for up to $500,000. The guy selling them claims that Hunter is an artistic genius. Why does this not surprise me? Both Hunter and his dealer claim that Hunter doesn't know who buys his paintings. Art has
    always depended on hype to some extent. The Mona Lisa didn't become famous until it was stolen. Guys like Dali had to relentlessly promote themselves. So who knows? Just his signature on something you can hang on the wall must be worth something. It
    probably isn't much different than selling NFTs. If there's anything unethical going on I'd be willing to bet that Old Joe has been much more careful about covering his tracks than #45's family.

Who knows? A couple years from now we could see ALL of that being investigated. LOL

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Feb 9 20:23:50 2023
    On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 1:21:16 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:11:08 PM UTC-8, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address >> that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security
    turned into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and >> apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

sunset,†Biden said.

Republicans yelled “no,†and some yelled “liar.†>>
    “Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a
    copy of the proposal,†Biden said in an ad-libbed line as

you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…†>>
    him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,†Biden said.
    some.â€

fellow Republicans.

parties."

TB

their demands, too!
    --
    bill
    What do you want them investigated for, exactly? Just to find out how sleazy the fruit of Bradon's loins is? (Admittedly, I'm a bit curious myself!) What sort of crimes are we looking for? I have no doubt, that Hunter milked being Joe's brat for all
    it was worth on dad's good name, but do you think Joe made money any of his kid's schemes?

Fact of the matter is, rich, well connected kids, get perks, & advantages, unknown to the rest of us bottom feeders.... I believe it was a Bush kid, who was the CEO of some company in Thailand, who admitted during a divorce trial, that he was unsure

Jurenz Prudenz Jr.
    One of the fun things going on here is all the stuff the GOP doesn't want to talk about OR investigate.

"REPORT: JARED KUSHNER’S $2 BILLION SAUDI CHECK APPEARS EVEN MORE COMICALLY CORRUPT THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT
    “The reason this smells so bad is that there is all sorts of evidence he did not receive this on the merits.”"

"Back in April, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner’s four years of Saudi ass-kissing and murder-excusing had paid off in the form of a $2 billion investment from the kingdom‘s sovereign wealth fund to his newly formed private equity
    firm. "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia

"Both Kushner and Trump announced they would not take a salary while working for the government in an attempt to shut down nepotism concerns. While their supporters marked this as a public sacrifice, the massive amount of money they made on the side
    undercuts that argument, as government salaries would have been less than 1% of their income.

One major factor in their outside profits came from Ivanka Trump’s ownership stake in the Trump Hotel in DC, just blocks from the White House and the locus of influence peddling in the Trump administration. Before business slowed down due to the
    pandemic, the couple paid a combined 23 visits to the hotel. All told, Ivanka made more than $13 million from the hotel since 2017, dropping from about $4 million a year between 2017 and 2019 to about $1.5 million last year, at least in part due to the
    pandemic. On top of the drop in revenue, there’s an unexplained drop in the value of her ownership. Having previously claimed it to be worth between $5 million and $25 million, in her final disclosure she listed it as only worth $100,000 to $250,000.

The hotel was far from Ivanka Trump’s only controversial source of income while working in the White House.
    [snip]

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/jared-and-ivanka-made-up-to-640-million-in-the-white-house/

When the Trump Organization tangled with the majority owner of a property in Panama, for example, its local lawyers at one point called on the Panamanian president for an assist.

In Indonesia, the government is helping to build a major new highway that will make a new Trump development more accessible. Construction is scheduled to begin soon on what will be known as Trump Residences Lido, which will include 280 homes, a golf

The Trump family’s partner in Indonesia — a billionaire named Hary Tanoesoedibjo — is financing the project, with the Trump family getting a cut of the sales.

In marketing materials released this summer, which featured the Trump family logo and a photograph of Donald Trump Jr., the company noted that the “Trump Residences Lido can be accessed directly through the newly opened Bocimi Toll Road.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-eric-trump-business.html

OTOH Hunter has been selling his painting for up to $500,000. The guy selling them claims that Hunter is an artistic genius. Why does this not surprise me? Both Hunter and his dealer claim that Hunter doesn't know who buys his paintings. Art has always
    depended on hype to some extent. The Mona Lisa didn't become famous until it was stolen. Guys like Dali had to relentlessly promote themselves. So who knows? Just his signature on something you can hang on the wall must be worth something. It probably
    isn't much different than selling NFTs. If there's anything unethical going on I'd be willing to bet that Old Joe has been much more careful about covering his tracks than #45's family.

Who knows? A couple years from now we could see ALL of that being investigated. LOL

TB

How quick could it become to find each investigative committee investigating the other? Jeezus! What a bunch of slippery eels! I've always held that Don Jr, is just as sleazy as Hunter Biden, prior to his redemption, of course... Hunter says he don'
    t roll like that no more.... Don Jr. is on a continuous publicity tour, with the former Mrs. Gavin Newsome....

Now, it appears the assholes, who made their own Secret Service use Obama's cast off, Democrat shithouse, are crooked as a washtub full of sidewinders, with the rest of them.... YKW, as a US Prez, , being the poster boy, for his Indonesian property
    is repulsive, yet almost comical..... I doubt YKW would like to hang out in such a shithole place as his own development? They're just not his kind of folks! HawHawHaw!

What's important, is to see of anything happens from these ongoing, & upcoming, investigations? Both sides want to see their usual suspects crab walked off, in orange jumpsuits....

Clarence Darrow Jr.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Fri Feb 10 10:10:42 2023
    On 2/9/2023 10:23 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 1:21:16 PM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 5:11:08 PM UTC-8, film...@gmail.com wrote: >>> On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 9:37:21 AM UTC-8, bfh wrote:
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    wrote:
    something good is said?

It may be fun to watch.

"A section from President Biden’s State of the Union address >>>>>> that aimed to ding Republicans on plans to cut Social Security
    turned into an unusual moment of live policy discussion — and >>>>>> apparent agreement — during the annual speech.

sunset,†Biden said.

Republicans yelled “no,†and some yelled “liar.†>>>>>>
    “Anybody who doubts it, contact my office, I’ll give you a >>>>>> copy of the proposal,†Biden said in an ad-libbed line as

you, I don’t even think it’s a significant…†>>>>>>
    him.

“But it’s being proposed by individuals,†Biden said. >>>>>> “I’m politely not naming them, but it’s being proposed by
    some.â€

Calls of “liar†continued and then lightly died down, as >>>>>> McCarthy slightly shook his head and appeared to softly shush his
    fellow Republicans.

parties."

TB

their demands, too!
    --
    bill
    What do you want them investigated for, exactly? Just to find out how sleazy the fruit of Bradon's loins is? (Admittedly, I'm a bit curious myself!) What sort of crimes are we looking for? I have no doubt, that Hunter milked being Joe's brat for all
    it was worth on dad's good name, but do you think Joe made money any of his kid's schemes?

Jurenz Prudenz Jr.

"Back in April, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner’s four years of Saudi ass-kissing and murder-excusing had paid off in the form of a $2 billion investment from the kingdom‘s sovereign wealth fund to his newly formed private equity
    firm. "

[snip]

OTOH Hunter has been selling his painting for up to $500,000. The guy selling them claims that Hunter is an artistic genius. Why does this not surprise me? Both Hunter and his dealer claim that Hunter doesn't know who buys his paintings. Art has
    always depended on hype to some extent. The Mona Lisa didn't become famous until it was stolen. Guys like Dali had to relentlessly promote themselves. So who knows? Just his signature on something you can hang on the wall must be worth something. It
    probably isn't much different than selling NFTs. If there's anything unethical going on I'd be willing to bet that Old Joe has been much more careful about covering his tracks than #45's family.

TB

How quick could it become to find each investigative committee investigating the other?

I think that would be a loser for the republicans. The democrats have so
    much more experience.

Jeezus! What a bunch of slippery eels! I've always held that Don Jr,
    is just as sleazy as Hunter Biden, prior to his redemption, of
    course... Hunter says he don't roll like that no more.... Don Jr. is
    on a continuous publicity tour, with the former Mrs. Gavin Newsome....

Now, it appears the assholes, who made their own Secret Service use Obama's cast off, Democrat shithouse, are crooked as a washtub full of sidewinders, with the rest of them.... YKW, as a US Prez, , being the poster boy, for his Indonesian
    property is repulsive, yet almost comical..... I doubt YKW would like to hang out in such a shithole place as his own development? They're just not his kind of folks! HawHawHaw!

What's important, is to see of anything happens from these ongoing, & upcoming, investigations? Both sides want to see their usual suspects crab walked off, in orange jumpsuits....

Clarence Darrow Jr.

--
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05