• OT? - Is CC&P Moving to Idaho?

From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 6 13:01:22 2023
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/democrat-led-state-killing-businesses-shrink-secede-several-counties
    --
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Mon Feb 6 11:40:16 2023
    On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:01:25 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/democrat-led-state-killing-businesses-shrink-secede-several-counties
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Either your reading comprehension or your geography sucks. They're out there in Eastern Oregon, and they're mostly right. It's a whole different world over there. Their math is bullshit. Roughly 80% of Oregonians live around me in the Willamette
    valley, on the west side of the Cascade mountains. The way it turns out, the 80% ends up subsidizing the other 20%. Our state government spends more on them than we get back in taxes. Most of us figure it's worth it because that's all beautiful country.
    Naturally the numbers change depending on which counties you're talking about, but the last number I saw was that our state government would have over $300 more to spend on every man, woman, and child in the remaining state. The last map I saw showed all
    of the coast staying in Oregon. They are also part of the 20%, so there would still be a lot of country that is subsidized by the state government.

And look what happens. The land itself doesn't really change or go away. I really don't care if the Malheur Nature Reserve is in Idaho. Almost 60% of the land around me is owned by the Federal government and it doesn't make much difference which
    state it's in. The worst thing I can think of is that fishing and hunting licenses would become a lot more expensive for Oregonians who enjoy those activities in that part of the state. LOL, for that reason alone I don't think it's likely to happen.
    Oregonians would get a vote in any separation. They have a lot of land, but not a lot of people over there.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Mon Feb 6 15:37:35 2023
    On 2/6/2023 1:40 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Either your reading comprehension or your geography sucks. They're out there in Eastern Oregon, and they're mostly right. It's a whole different world over there. Their math is bullshit. Roughly 80% of Oregonians live around me in the
    Willamette valley, on the west side of the Cascade mountains. The way it turns out, the 80% ends up subsidizing the other 20%. Our state government spends more on them than we get back in taxes. Most of us figure it's worth it because that's all
    beautiful country. Naturally the numbers change depending on which counties you're talking about, but the last number I saw was that our state government would have over $300 more to spend on every man, woman, and child in the remaining state. The last
    map I saw showed all of the coast staying in Oregon. They are also part of the 20%, so there would still be a lot of country that is subsidized by the state government.

And look what happens. The land itself doesn't really change or go away. I really don't care if the Malheur Nature Reserve is in Idaho. Almost 60% of the land around me is owned by the Federal government and it doesn't make much difference which
    state it's in. The worst thing I can think of is that fishing and hunting licenses would become a lot more expensive for Oregonians who enjoy those activities in that part of the state. LOL, for that reason alone I don't think it's likely to happen.
    Oregonians would get a vote in any separation. They have a lot of land, but not a lot of people over there.

TB
    My reading comprehension is fine and far better than yours. I couldn't
    care less what part of the state it is. You humorless liberals just
    don't get it.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Mon Feb 6 16:13:10 2023
    On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 1:37:39 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Either your reading comprehension or your geography sucks. They're out there in Eastern Oregon, and they're mostly right. It's a whole different world over there. Their math is bullshit. Roughly 80% of Oregonians live around me in the Willamette
    valley, on the west side of the Cascade mountains. The way it turns out, the 80% ends up subsidizing the other 20%. Our state government spends more on them than we get back in taxes. Most of us figure it's worth it because that's all beautiful country.
    Naturally the numbers change depending on which counties you're talking about, but the last number I saw was that our state government would have over $300 more to spend on every man, woman, and child in the remaining state. The last map I saw showed all
    of the coast staying in Oregon. They are also part of the 20%, so there would still be a lot of country that is subsidized by the state government.

TB
    don't get it.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Actually you're the one who doesn't get it. But, it mostly isn't your fault this time. I've been told that I have a very dry sense of humor, and some people don't understand when I'm joking. The succession story has been going around for as far
    back as I can remember. The names change, but the story remains the same. <Best Foghorn Leghorn voice> "It's a joke son. I say, it's a joke." I'm sure there are people who take it seriously, but, seriously. It's a joke. We will never see it happen in our
    lifetime. The folks over there are mostly there because it can be very nice there. Because it can be very nice there most Oregonians consider it part of their playground. Get a child to explain the math to you.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Mon Feb 6 20:11:40 2023
    On 2/6/2023 6:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 1:37:39 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
    On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:01:25 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/democrat-led-state-killing-businesses-shrink-secede-several-counties
    --
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to reverse >>>> and leaving the scene."

TB
    don't get it.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

Actually you're the one who doesn't get it. But, it mostly isn't your fault this time. I've been told that I have a very dry sense of humor, and some people don't understand when I'm joking. The succession story has been going around for as far
    back as I can remember. The names change, but the story remains the same. <Best Foghorn Leghorn voice> "It's a joke son. I say, it's a joke." I'm sure there are people who take it seriously, but, seriously. It's a joke. We will never see it happen in our
    lifetime. The folks over there are mostly there because it can be very nice there. Because it can be very nice there most Oregonians consider it part of their playground. Get a child to explain the math to you.

TB
    As I said, you don't get it. I don't care about east or west or whatever
    math you are talking about. It was a joke. Live with it.
    --
    and leaving the scene."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Ralph E Lindberg on Tue Feb 7 16:34:33 2023
    Ralph E Lindberg <email@domain.com> wrote:
    On 2023-02-06 19:40:16 +0000, Technobarbarian said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/democrat-led-state-killing-businesses-shrink-secede-several-counties>

"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to
    reverse> and leaving the scene."

Either your reading comprehension or your geography sucks.
    They're out there in Eastern Oregon, and they're mostly right. It's a
    whole different world over there. Their math is bullshit. Roughly 80%
    of Oregonians live around me in the Willamette valley, on the west side
    of the Cascade mountains. The way it turns out, the 80% ends up
    subsidizing the other 20%. Our state government spends more on them
    than we get back in taxes. Most of us figure it's worth it because
    that's all beautiful country. Naturally the numbers change depending on
    which counties you're talking about, but the last number I saw was that
    our state government would have over $300 more to spend on every man,
    woman, and child in the remaining state. The last map I saw showed all
    of the coast staying in Oregon. They are also part of the 20%, so there
    would still be a lot of country that is subsidized by the state
    government.

The thing is they aren't asking Idaho.... surveys of Idaho voters show
    they don't want the added costs of supporting the tax hole that is
    eastern Oregon (nor eastern Washington)

Years ago I knew a state legislator from eastern Washington, he said he
    could never convince the majority of his voters that they got more in spending than they paid in taxes... even though they did, year ater
    year.

I wouldn’t blame Idahoans for welcoming Oregonians with open arms.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
    always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Feb 7 16:35:40 2023
    George.Anthony <ganthony@gmail.net> wrote:
    Ralph E Lindberg <email@domain.com> wrote:
    On 2023-02-06 19:40:16 +0000, Technobarbarian said:

On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:01:25 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/democrat-led-state-killing-businesses-shrink-secede-several-counties>

"I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to
    reverse> and leaving the scene."

Either your reading comprehension or your geography sucks.
    They're out there in Eastern Oregon, and they're mostly right. It's a
    whole different world over there. Their math is bullshit. Roughly 80%
    of Oregonians live around me in the Willamette valley, on the west side
    of the Cascade mountains. The way it turns out, the 80% ends up
    subsidizing the other 20%. Our state government spends more on them
    than we get back in taxes. Most of us figure it's worth it because
    that's all beautiful country. Naturally the numbers change depending on
    which counties you're talking about, but the last number I saw was that
    our state government would have over $300 more to spend on every man,
    woman, and child in the remaining state. The last map I saw showed all
    of the coast staying in Oregon. They are also part of the 20%, so there
    would still be a lot of country that is subsidized by the state
    government.

The thing is they aren't asking Idaho.... surveys of Idaho voters show
    they don't want the added costs of supporting the tax hole that is
    eastern Oregon (nor eastern Washington)

Years ago I knew a state legislator from eastern Washington, he said he
    could never convince the majority of his voters that they got more in
    spending than they paid in taxes... even though they did, year ater
    year.

I wouldn’t blame Idahoans for welcoming Oregonians with open arms.

That would be not welcoming of course.

--
    “If you love me I will always be in your heart. If you hate me I will
    always be in your mind.” - Donald ‘William Shakespeare’ Trump

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05