• Semi-fascist?

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 28 10:48:01 2022
    It looks like President Potato Head might be running out of fucks
    to give. But, I want to know what in the hell is "semi" about the retrumplican's fascist cult? What's the difference between them and any
    other garden variety fascists?

"President Biden on Thursday offered some harsh words about those of the “extreme MAGA philosophy” currently hacking away at our democracy.

“It’s not just Trump,” he said at a fundraiser. “It’s the entire philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something: It’s like semi-fascism.”

“The MAGA Republicans,” he said, are “a threat to our very democracy. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace — embrace — political violence.”

Good for him. Those who cherish democracy need to call out the
    proto-fascist tendencies now seizing the Trump-occupied GOP.

Republican candidates up and down the November ballot reject the
    legitimate outcome of the last election — and are making it easier to
    reject the will of the voters in the next. Violent anti-government
    rhetoric from party leaders targets the FBI, the Justice Department and
    the IRS. A systemic campaign of disinformation makes their supporters
    feel victimized by shadowy “elites.” These are hallmarks of authoritarianism."
    [snip]

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sun Aug 28 20:57:32 2022
    Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:

to give. But, I want to know what in the hell is "semi" about the retrumplican's fascist cult? What's the difference between them and any

"President Biden on Thursday offered some harsh words about those of the “extreme MAGA philosophy” currently hacking away at our democracy.

“It’s not just Trump,” he said at a fundraiser. “It’s the entire philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something: It’s like semi-fascism.”

“The MAGA Republicans,” he said, are “a threat to our very democracy. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace — embrace — political violence.”

Where in hell was this sentiment when antifa and blm were destroying
    cities? Typical liberal hypocritical disinformation. Remember the leftists motto - accuse your enemies of that which you are doing yourself.

legitimate outcome of the last election — and are making it easier to reject the will of the voters in the next. Violent anti-government
    [snip]

TB

The MAGA people are not a threat to democracy or, more important, our representative government. What they are a threat to are the evil and
    corrupt democrat politicians who wish to rule rather than govern.

--
    Liz Cheney’s pronouns… over/out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Sun Aug 28 14:13:15 2022
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 1:57:34 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    Technobarbarian <technobarbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

to give. But, I want to know what in the hell is "semi" about the retrumplican's fascist cult? What's the difference between them and any other garden variety fascists?

“It’s not just Trump,” he said at a fundraiser. “It’s the entire philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something: It’s like
    semi-fascism.”

“The MAGA Republicans,” he said, are “a threat to our very democracy.
    They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace — embrace — political violence.”
    cities? Typical liberal hypocritical disinformation. Remember the leftists motto - accuse your enemies of that which you are doing yourself.

Good for him. Those who cherish democracy need to call out the proto-fascist tendencies now seizing the Trump-occupied GOP.

Republican candidates up and down the November ballot reject the legitimate outcome of the last election — and are making it easier to reject the will of the voters in the next. Violent anti-government rhetoric from party leaders targets the FBI, the Justice Department and the IRS. A systemic campaign of disinformation makes their supporters
    [snip]

TB

The MAGA people are not a threat to democracy or, more important, our representative government. What they are a threat to are the evil and corrupt democrat politicians who wish to rule rather than govern.

--

The MAGA crowd wants to ban books... They're never the good guys.....

Marion the Librarian

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sun Aug 28 17:02:29 2022
    On 8/28/2022 2:13 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:

to give. But, I want to know what in the hell is "semi" about the
    retrumplican's fascist cult? What's the difference between them and any

"President Biden on Thursday offered some harsh words about those of the >>> “extreme MAGA philosophy” currently hacking away at our democracy.

“It’s not just Trump,” he said at a fundraiser. “It’s the entire >>> philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something: It’s like >>> semi-fascism.”

“The MAGA Republicans,” he said, are “a threat to our very democracy. >>> They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace — embrace — >>> political violence.”
    cities? Typical liberal hypocritical disinformation. Remember the leftists >> motto - accuse your enemies of that which you are doing yourself.

legitimate outcome of the last election — and are making it easier to
    reject the will of the voters in the next. Violent anti-government
    feel victimized by shadowy “elites.” These are hallmarks of
    authoritarianism."
    [snip]

TB

The MAGA people are not a threat to democracy or, more important, our
    representative government. What they are a threat to are the evil and

--

Marion the Librarian

"Mike Godwin
    @sfmnemonic
    Lawyer, author, EFF's first hire, Godwin's Law creator (he/him). Retweeting!=endorsing. My opinions here don't necessarily represent any employer or any client.

People have asked me my opinion of President Biden's criticism of "semi-fascism." Well, I can't overstate my disapproval of the
    inappropriate use of "semi."

https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1563797677082415105%7Ctwgr%5E2719aec0975ee1f836b3d3beaab4d94af90e9aee%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F100217093702

EFF would be the Electronic Freedom Foundation.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/godwins-law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/Godwins-law#:~:text=Godwin's%20law%2C%20also%20known%20as,compare%20someone%20else%20to%20Hitler.

"Godwin is credited as the first person to use the word meme to refer to
    viral online content."

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dm_callier@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Mon Aug 29 12:37:21 2022
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 5:02:33 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On 8/28/2022 2:13 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:

to give. But, I want to know what in the hell is "semi" about the
    retrumplican's fascist cult? What's the difference between them and any >>> other garden variety fascists?

"President Biden on Thursday offered some harsh words about those of the >>> “extreme MAGA philosophy” currently hacking away at our democracy. >>>
    “It’s not just Trump,” he said at a fundraiser. “It’s the entire
    philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something: It’s like
    semi-fascism.”

“The MAGA Republicans,” he said, are “a threat to our very democracy.
    They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace — embrace —
    political violence.”
    cities? Typical liberal hypocritical disinformation. Remember the leftists
    motto - accuse your enemies of that which you are doing yourself.

legitimate outcome of the last election — and are making it easier to >>> reject the will of the voters in the next. Violent anti-government
    rhetoric from party leaders targets the FBI, the Justice Department and >>> the IRS. A systemic campaign of disinformation makes their supporters >>> feel victimized by shadowy “elites.” These are hallmarks of
    authoritarianism."
    [snip]

TB

The MAGA people are not a threat to democracy or, more important, our
    representative government. What they are a threat to are the evil and

--

Marion the Librarian
    "Mike Godwin
    @sfmnemonic
    Lawyer, author, EFF's first hire, Godwin's Law creator (he/him). Retweeting!=endorsing. My opinions here don't necessarily represent any employer or any client.

People have asked me my opinion of President Biden's criticism of "semi-fascism." Well, I can't overstate my disapproval of the
    inappropriate use of "semi."

https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1563797677082415105%7Ctwgr%5E2719aec0975ee1f836b3d3beaab4d94af90e9aee%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democraticunderground.com%2F100217093702

EFF would be the Electronic Freedom Foundation.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/godwins-law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/Godwins-law#:~:text=Godwin's%20law%2C%20also%20known%20as,compare%20someone%20else%20to%20Hitler.

"Godwin is credited as the first person to use the word meme to refer to viral online content."

TB
    Nothing "semi" about the fascist in the OrangeTreasonWeasel. He just went for the full fuhrer in Wisconsin with, “This is massive FRAUD & ELECTION INTERFERENCE at a level never seen before in our Country. REMEDY: Declare the rightful winner or, and
    this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05