• =?UTF-8?B?VGFyZ2V0IFByb21vdGVzIOKAmEdheUNydWVsbGHigJkgVG8g4oCYTEdCVFFJQ

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 16 10:11:21 2023
    "Target has appeared to double down on its acceptance of radical gender theory despite a second straight negative sales report following backlash to its Pride-themed products earlier this year.

Target reportedly selected a man named Erik Thompson as its Senior LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist and Pride Lead, according to a post he shared on Instagram that was flagged by popular X account Libs of TikTok. Thompson, who goes by “gaycruella” on
    the social media platform, shared with followers that he was “honored” to accept the role.

“Time to whip out the Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers and rip that old world to shreds darlings,” the self-described Target corporate employee shared. “Let’s flip that script and rewrite that narrative. This time for ~ALL Guests, ALL Humans &
    ALL Hearts.”

A post featuring Thompson’s announcement was shared on X, which prompted many to react to the news on the original post. One commenter asked, “lol you gonna make Targets sales tank too?” to which Thompson respond"
    [snip]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/target-promotes-gaycruella-to-lgbtqia-segmentation-strategist-amid-abysmal-sales-from-pride-backlash

I love it. It's like we have all run off and joined the circus. There are clowns everywhere you look. I wonder where I can find one of those Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers?

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Nov 16 13:57:43 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:

"Target has appeared to double down on its acceptance of radical
    gender theory despite a second straight negative sales report
    following backlash to its Pride-themed products earlier this year.

Target reportedly selected a man named Erik Thompson as its Senior
    LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist and Pride Lead, according to a
    post he shared on Instagram that was flagged by popular X account
    Libs of TikTok. Thompson, who goes by “gaycruella” on the
    social media platform, shared with followers that he was “honored” to accept the role.

“Time to whip out the Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers and rip
    that old world to shreds darlings,” the self-described Target
    corporate employee shared. “Let’s flip that script and rewrite that narrative. This time for ~ALL Guests, ALL Humans & ALL
    Hearts.”

A post featuring Thompson’s announcement was shared on X, which prompted many to react to the news on the original post. One
    commenter asked, “lol you gonna make Targets sales tank too?”
    to which Thompson respond" [snip]

https://www.dailywire.com/news/target-promotes-gaycruella-to-lgbtqia-segmentation-strategist-amid-abysmal-sales-from-pride-backlash

I love it. It's like we have all run off and joined the circus.
    There are clowns everywhere you look. I wonder where I can find one
    of those Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers?

Target, maybe? If not there, maybe some extremist church has them for
    sale or lease in their basement armory. But you'll probably have to
    get a background check and some training in either case.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Nov 16 12:50:44 2023
    On 11/16/2023 12:11 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

"Target has appeared to double down on its acceptance of radical gender theory despite a second straight negative sales report following backlash to its Pride-themed products earlier this year.

Target reportedly selected a man named Erik Thompson as its Senior LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist and Pride Lead, according to a post he shared on Instagram that was flagged by popular X account Libs of TikTok. Thompson, who goes by “gaycruella”
    on the social media platform, shared with followers that he was “honored” to accept the role.

“Time to whip out the Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers and rip that old world to shreds darlings,” the self-described Target corporate employee shared. “Let’s flip that script and rewrite that narrative. This time for ~ALL Guests, ALL Humans &
    ALL Hearts.”

A post featuring Thompson’s announcement was shared on X, which prompted many to react to the news on the original post. One commenter asked, “lol you gonna make Targets sales tank too?” to which Thompson respond"
    [snip]

I love it. It's like we have all run off and joined the circus. There are clowns everywhere you look. I wonder where I can find one of those Glitter & Hellfire flamethrowers?

TB

Target management can do what Target management wants to do. Consumers
    can do what consumers want to do.
    --
    Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Thu Nov 16 16:26:14 2023
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 10:50:47 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:

Target reportedly selected a man named Erik Thompson as its Senior LGBTQIA+ Segmentation Strategist and Pride Lead, according to a post he shared on Instagram that was flagged by popular X account Libs of TikTok. Thompson, who goes by “gaycruella”
    on the social media platform, shared with followers that he was “honored” to accept the role.

ALL Hearts.”

[snip]

TB
    --

This is true, but trying to include everyone rings a bell for me. We tried to make the kink club in Tucson all inclusive, but that excluded some people. No matter how kinky they may be there are always some people who are offended by the kinks of
    others. I'm mostly motivated by price, but I do appreciate that they are makina an effort to include everyone, even though they know there may be a price to pay. This campaign reminded me that I bought my last printer from Target, because they gave me
    the best price on the printer I wanted. My microwave died the other day. Walmart would have delivered one the next morning for $77. I didn't think I could go that long without a microwave so I decided to check the Target store that's even closer. I went
    over there and bought a 1,000 watt unit for $60.

This discussion always reminds me of some graphitti I saw nicely written on the wall of a public restroom many years ago. "If it's love, the Lord won't mind. There's already enough hate."

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Nov 16 19:31:09 2023
    On 11/16/2023 6:26 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Thursday, November 16, 2023 at 10:50:47 AM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:

ALL Hearts.”

[snip]

TB
    --

This is true, but trying to include everyone rings a bell for me. We tried to make the kink club in Tucson all inclusive, but that excluded some people. No matter how kinky they may be there are always some people who are offended by the kinks
    of others. I'm mostly motivated by price, but I do appreciate that they are makina an effort to include everyone, even though they know there may be a price to pay. This campaign reminded me that I bought my last printer from Target, because they gave me
    the best price on the printer I wanted. My microwave died the other day. Walmart would have delivered one the next morning for $77. I didn't think I could go that long without a microwave so I decided to check the Target store that's even closer. I went
    over there and bought a 1,000 watt unit for $60.

This discussion always reminds me of some graphitti I saw nicely written on the wall of a public restroom many years ago. "If it's love, the Lord won't mind. There's already enough hate."

TB

You can't argue with the logic of graffiti. It is my belief that you
    can't possibly include everyone in everything. Putting slow students
    with average or above average only negatively impacts the average and
    above average students. Overtaxing the rich does not make the poor
    richer, natural born males competing with females, etc.
    --
    Joe Biden could screw up a one float parade.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05