• The Rainy Season in Oregon

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 3 17:46:39 2023
    We have another overnight scheduled at Cape Lookout State Park.

https://oregonisforadventure.com/cape-lookout/

I don't expect to spend a lot of time at the campground. It's mostly a nice inexpensive place to sleep on the coast and it's close to the places I want to go this time around. It looks like we got lucky and there will be a lot of wind and rain
    this time around. Big surprise. I live halfway between the North Pole and the Equator, in what is mostly "temperate rainforest". That's sort of like a tropical rainforest, except colder. A whole lot colder.

We have some good tides coming. I thought I might have a chance at digging up some razor claims, but they're close to impossible to find in bad weather. I just got notice that everything is closed south of Tillamook Head, due to the marine
    biotoxin domoic acid, This is also a little further north than I had planned for this trip, We can do some beach combing in almost any sort of weather. All of our crabbing will probably be crabbing from the parking lot. We'll probably only be out on the
    dock long enough to toss our traps out or pull them in. The rest of the time we'll probably skuttle to shelter and watch it rain.

Cape Lookout is about an hour and a half away. That's one of the nice things about where I live. There is all sorts of fun outdoor stuff within an hour and a half of where I live. You name it: the ocean, mountains, major and minor rivers, small
    streams, farm land, cities. About the only thing that takes longer than an a hour and a half is the great American desert, just on the other side of the mountains. Maybe add another hour.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)