• Republican Intern Named Zach to Be Speaker of the House

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 13 15:00:15 2023
    "WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what they are hailing as a consensus choice, House Republicans have nominated a college intern named Zach to be the new Speaker of the House.

The freshly minted G.O.P. nominee acknowledged that he was “kind of surprised” to be chosen as Speaker but said that he was “totally stoked about wielding that hammer.”

“I’m, like, whoa—all of a sudden, I’m Thor,” he said. “This is gonna be dope.”

Zach, who is taking a year off from his studies at the Northern University of Southern Florida, is well liked within the G.O.P. conference, insiders said.

“Zach never screws up our coffee orders,” one Republican congressman said. “You couldn’t say the same for Kevin McCarthy.”"

https://tinyurl.com/ye279t25

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kmiller@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri Oct 13 18:49:21 2023
    On 10/13/2023 3:00 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

"WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what they are hailing as a consensus choice, House Republicans have nominated a college intern named Zach to be the new Speaker of the House.

The freshly minted G.O.P. nominee acknowledged that he was “kind of surprised” to be chosen as Speaker but said that he was “totally stoked about wielding that hammer.”

Zach, who is taking a year off from his studies at the Northern University of Southern Florida, is well liked within the G.O.P. conference, insiders said.

“Zach never screws up our coffee orders,” one Republican congressman said. “You couldn’t say the same for Kevin McCarthy.”"

TB

Seems like he's overqualified for Speaker...

We want Santos! We want Santos! We want Santos!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to kmiller on Fri Oct 13 22:29:46 2023
    kmiller wrote:

"WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what they are hailing as a
    consensus choice, House Republicans have nominated a college intern
    named Zach to be the new Speaker of the House.

The freshly minted G.O.P. nominee acknowledged that he was “kind
    of surprised” to be chosen as Speaker but said that he was
    “totally stoked about wielding that hammer.”

“I’m, like, whoa—all of a sudden, I’m Thor,” he said.
    “This is gonna be dope.”

Zach, who is taking a year off from his studies at the Northern
    University of Southern Florida, is well liked within the G.O.P.
    conference, insiders said.

“Zach never screws up our coffee orders,” one Republican
    congressman said. “You couldn’t say the same for Kevin
    McCarthy.”"

TB

I want Gutfeld!

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to kmiller on Fri Oct 13 20:24:12 2023
    On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 6:49:31 PM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:

TB

Santos might have a "path" to the job. He hasn't been wasting his time in Washington. It looks like he has been collecting as much dirt as he can find. All he has to do is blackmail enough congress critters.

"George Santos threatens to ruin Republicans who vote to expel him from Congress"

"Rep. George Santos (R-NY), who has refused to resign from Congress amid a second round of federal indictments, took to X on Wednesday to attack the handful of Republicans who introduced a resolution to expel him from the House of Representatives — and
    warn that he could ruin their careers over it.

"I look very much forward to seeing the anti American attempt by WEAK RINO’s to oust me without giving me my right to Due process," wrote Santos, who soon after being elected was exposed for having lied about almost every aspect of his personal
    background from his education to his work history. "Remember if I’m in fact ousted fascism will officially be well and alive in the United States of America and these members will be the champions of it."

"I do want to remind my dear colleagues who all but one have deep long troubling careers in politics that I will have a lot of time on my hands to return the favor in the most expedient fashion mankind has ever seen," he continued. "I’m done with the
    hypocrisy and the projection coming from the same individuals for the last 10 months! #PolitcalWarfare does not scare me, I find my strength in God and with him in my life all is possible."

https://www.rawstory.com/santos-threat/

They still haven't tossed his lying ass, so maybe he does have some leverage? lol

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to bfh on Sat Oct 14 14:20:57 2023
    bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
    kmiller wrote:

"WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what they are hailing as a
    consensus choice, House Republicans have nominated a college intern
    named Zach to be the new Speaker of the House.

The freshly minted G.O.P. nominee acknowledged that he was “kind
    of surprised” to be chosen as Speaker but said that he was
    “totally stoked about wielding that hammer.”

“I’m, like, whoa—all of a sudden, I’m Thor,” he said.
    “This is gonna be dope.”

Zach, who is taking a year off from his studies at the Northern
    University of Southern Florida, is well liked within the G.O.P.
    conference, insiders said.

“Zach never screws up our coffee orders,” one Republican
    congressman said. “You couldn’t say the same for Kevin
    McCarthy.”"

TB

I want Gutfeld!

Ditto.

--
    One out of three Biden voters is just as clueless as the other two.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05