• Re: Orange paint

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to Hank on Thu Oct 12 23:15:23 2023
    On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
    I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this page to ask a real RV type question).
    Anyway, the painter said he like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white. My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else likes it, but they could be lying.
    Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed.
    I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes,
    cars, and Backroom bars.

Hank, too suave to be into Mauve

My first car was a '53 Ford. My Dad was the shop foreman at a dealership and I had know most of the guys for long time. The painter had an extra gallon of orange paint because he had painted a Union 76 truck. I did the prep work and it cost me a
    couple of 6 packs to get my car painted orange. I had seen that guy do a nice lacquer job when he was so drunk that two guys had to hold him while he was doing it. Getting your car painted orange in a small town is not a good idea. Everyone recognized me
    from a long way off.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Hank@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 12 22:37:53 2023
    I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this page to ask a real RV type question).
    Anyway, the painter said he like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white. My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else likes it, but they could be lying.
    Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I
    painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes,
    cars, and Backroom bars.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Hank on Fri Oct 13 04:13:57 2023
    Hank wrote:
    I really wasn't thinking about Trump when I had a guy paint one
    wall of my bedroom a kinda orange color. (As a matter of fact, I
    never heard the word even used about Trump until I dropped by this
    page to ask a real RV type question).

I allege that you should get one of these:
    https://tinyurl.com/wfwsz9cb
    and cut out the face - except for the ears - and stick it on the wall.

Anyway, the painter said he
    like the orange because he gets tired of painting the boring white.
    My daughter hated it, my wife said it looked "OK". Everyone else
    likes it, but they could be lying. Everyone saw it before I put up
    pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it
    looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it
    built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I
    wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she
    saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it.
    She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV.
    The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in
    clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank@21:1/5 to bfh on Fri Oct 13 14:04:28 2023
    On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 4:14:01 AM UTC-4, bfh wrote:
    Hank wrote:
    looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it
    built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she
    The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
    --
    bill

No, no, no! You're not sucking me into a political conversation. I have stepped away from politics and now concentrating on nothing but useless trivial bullshit chit chat. I am too old to let this thing they call politics ruin my fun.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Fri Oct 13 14:09:09 2023
    On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 2:15:24 AM UTC-4, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
    Everyone saw it before I put up pics and such. My wife said she can't believe how much better it looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed.
    I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she saw it, she said gray was boring. After she saw it she liked it. She also noticed that more people were painting rooms gray on TV. The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes,
    cars, and Backroom bars.

My first car was a '53 Ford. My Dad was the shop foreman at a dealership and I had know most of the guys for long time. The painter had an extra gallon of orange paint because he had painted a Union 76 truck. I did the prep work and it cost me a couple
    of 6 packs to get my car painted orange. I had seen that guy do a nice lacquer job when he was so drunk that two guys had to hold him while he was doing it. Getting your car painted orange in a small town is not a good idea. Everyone recognized me from a
    long way off.

TB
    I had a 1962 Buick Skylark painted School bus yellow back in the late 60's. Earl Schieb had an ad "I'll paint any car for $29.95" (limited colors)". Yes every cop knew the car. And yes, it was ugly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert caprel@21:1/5 to Hank on Sat Oct 14 13:57:18 2023
    On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 2:04:30 PM UTC-7, Hank wrote:
    On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 4:14:01 AM UTC-4, bfh wrote:
    Hank wrote:
    looks. I my last house I let my wife pic out colors when we had it built. I asked for PERMISSION to paint my computer room any color I wanted, she agreed. I painted it Gray with white trim. Before she
    The color Orange is growing in popularity and making a come-back in clothes, cars, and Backroom bars.
    --
    bill
    No, no, no! You're not sucking me into a political conversation. I have stepped away from politics and now concentrating on nothing but useless trivial bullshit chit chat. I am too old to let this thing they call politics ruin my fun.

And here I always taught politics was useless drivel and everything else was live!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05