• The Book

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 5 09:26:12 2023
    I was reading about a new book today. We have a great library system here. I can go online and search their catalog. I can place a hold on any book in the system, and they will deliver it to my library. If I was in a rush to read this one I might
    be better off buying a good used copy and selling it while it's still popular. They have 8 hard copies and 169 people in line to read it in our county wide library system. They have 32 copies of the ebook, with 153 people in line. On and on.

Amazon is out of stock for the hard copy. If they had one it would cost $27. You could get a copy of the audio book for free.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Cassidy+Hutchinson&ref=nb_sb_noss

"Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson says Donald Trump is terrified of being poisoned.

She shared the tidbit with Jimmy Kimmel on Wednesday after he asked her how often the former president threw ketchup at the wall, sending her into a fit of laughter.

“Donald Trump has a — I don’t know if you know this ... I don’t know, maybe people know, but he does have a very potent fear of being poisoned,” she said. “So he uses and prefers the small Heinz glass ketchup bottles because he likes to hear
    his valet or whoever is serving him his meal, he likes to hear the ‘pop.’”

Kimmel said he always assumed it was because “his hands were so little, it would seem like a real ketchup bottle.”

“Do you think he got this fear of being poisoned from all the ex-wives?” he asked.

“Or is it Russia?” Hutchinson quipped back.

“No, I don’t think Russia’s poisoning him,” Kimmel cracked.

Trump’s fear was also reported in 2018 by journalist Michael Wolff, who wrote in his book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” that Trump’s “longtime fear of being poisoned” was part of the reason he liked to eat McDonald’s.

Hutchinson, who served as a top aide to Trump’s former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, testified before the Jan. 6 committee last year that in a December 2020 meltdown, Trump flung his lunch across a room, leaving shattered dishes on the ground and
    ketchup dripping down the wall.

She said he did so after learning that then-Attorney General Bill Barr told the press there was no evidence of widespread voter fraud in that year’s presidential election.

Hutchinson appeared on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” as she promotes her book, “Enough.”"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cassidy-hutchinson-reveals-very-potent-094618869.html

I rarely read or buy books about politics because they are almost always boring. I'm not likely to read this one, even if I found a $1 copy in a used book bin. But, it is fun to read about.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)