• #45"s ex-chief of staff unleashes on former boss

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 2 17:23:26 2023
    "'God help us': Trump's ex-chief of staff unleashes on former boss as he confirms contempt for troops"

"Gen. John Kelly, who previously served as former President Donald Trump's chief of staff and Secretary of Homeland Security, came forward to CNN's Jake Tapper this week to confirm many of the ugly things the former president was previously reported to
    have said about U.S. servicemembers.

“What can I add that has not already been said?” said Kelly. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs, are all ‘suckers’ because ‘
    there is nothing in it for them.’

"A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and
    rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France."

Kelly went on to add that Trump is "not truthful" about his political positions, "has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about."
    [snip]

https://www.rawstory.com/john-kelly/

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to TechnoBoob on Mon Oct 2 21:04:47 2023
    On 10/2/2023 7:23 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:

Gen. John Kelly

Don't forget to buy his book.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Oct 3 08:40:46 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 7:04:54 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

Gen. John Kelly

Which book would that be? I wasn't able to find any books by General Kelly. I did find some books about him.

"New Book Details How Donald Trump ‘Concerned’ Chief Of Staff John Kelly With His ‘Immoral’ And ‘Abnormal’ Actions"

"According to New York Times journalist Michael Schmidt— who authored the 2020 book Donald Trump v. The United States— former White House chief of staff John Kelly often had to focus his attention on less important issues during his work hours, such
    as handling former President Donald Trump‘s personal conflicts.

The book’s new paperback edition— which was published on January 17th— also includes a 12,000-word biography of Kelly. The work chronicles Kelly’s tumultuous time while working for the twice-impeached former president."

Kelly learned after he came in as Trump's chief of staff in July 2017 that Ivanka wanted to take over title of first lady from Melania.

At the White House, as Schmidt said in a new interview, Kelly was frequently tending to frivolous tasks— like being instructed to tell former aide Omarosa to “stop having parties at the White House pool.”

“Here’s John Kelly, right, concerned that we could be on the brink of war with North Korea, trying to mitigate these issues that are not as serious but were front and center in the Trump White House where things were off the rails,” Schmidt said.""

"John Kelly is probably as serious a national security figure as you can find, a four-star Marine general,” Schmidt said, adding, “He comes into the White House, he thinks that he needs to put in structure and better staffing for Trump and all of a
    sudden, he’s confronting far more frivolous issues like fights between the first lady and Ivanka Trump, and Ivanka Trump trying to maneuver, what Kelly was told, to become the first lady in this ceremonial ways.”"

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/book-details-donald-trump-concerned-230056840.html

There's no need to buy that one. The public library here has 9 copies available: printed, ebooks and audio books.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Oct 3 11:30:57 2023
    On 10/3/2023 10:40 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

Gen. John Kelly

Which book would that be? I wasn't able to find any books by General Kelly. I did find some books about him.

Check your sarcasm detetction settings. You appear to need an adjustment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Oct 3 10:25:12 2023
    On Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 9:31:04 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On 10/3/2023 10:40 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

Gen. John Kelly

Check your sarcasm detetction settings. You appear to need an adjustment.

LOL, same back at ya'.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05