• The Sick, Racist Message Behind Why #45 Chose That Particular Gun Store

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 26 13:30:52 2023
    "The Sick, Racist Message Behind Why Trump Chose That Particular Gun Store"

"During a campaign trip to South Carolina, Donald Trump took some time to visit the gun store that sold weapons to the racist Jacksonville, Florida, mass shooter.

Trump visited Palmetto State Armory on Monday, where he admired a handgun engraved and decorated in his honor. He repeatedly said he wanted to buy a gun there—which would be a violation of federal law given his many indictments.

A lot of the media has focused on whether Trump actually purchased a gun and violated the law, but less attention has been paid to Trump’s decision to visit Palmetto State Armory, as opposed to any other gun store in South Carolina.

In late August, a white man opened fire in a Dollar General store in a predominantly Black Jacksonville neighborhood, killing three people, all of whom were Black. The shooter, who then killed himself, used a Glock handgun and an AR-15 semiautomatic
    rifle, at least one of which was painted with a swastika. Jacksonville Sheriff T.K. Waters said the shooter “hated Black people” and acted alone.

At least one of the guns came from Palmetto State Armory, a store in Summerville, South Carolina. The Jacksonville sheriff’s office shared photos of the firearms used in the attack on its Facebook page. One of the guns is clearly engraved with the
    Palmetto State Armory logo. The shooter had also drawn swastikas on the gun.

When the Jacksonville shooting happened, Trump did not issue any statement on the tragedy. But you could argue that this campaign stop is a kind of tacit statement. He put the spotlight on Palmetto State Armory, praised its inventory, and tried to offer
    it business.

Palmetto State Armory has openly embraced far-right ideology. In 2020, it began marketing its products using imagery and language associated with the “boogaloo,” slang for racist violence and even a call for full-on race war. It has also come to mean
    war to topple the government.

The Jacksonville shooter shouldn’t have been able to buy the guns in the first place. He was held in Florida state custody in 2017 for mental health issues, disqualifying him from owning a gun under a statute called the Baker Act.

With so many eyeballs on Trump, Palmetto State Armory would never have gotten away with selling him a gun. But as Philadephia Inquirer columnist Will Bunch pointed out, the store “could sell an AR-15 to a young, mentally troubled white supremacist.”"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sick-racist-message-behind-why-160041585.html

TB
    TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to TechnoBoob on Tue Sep 26 16:13:24 2023
    On 9/26/2023 3:30 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:

---utter nonsense snipped---

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions
    with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you
    complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties,
    that you can actually believe such ridiculous shit. Worse yet, knowing
    it is ridiculous, you repeat it anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert caprel@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Sep 26 14:17:43 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 2:13:27 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    utter nonsense snipped---

with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties,

I don’t see sicko sticks baking up his!
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Sep 26 14:32:28 2023

with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties,

So? Which of the facts in that article do you claim are false? What is your source for this information?

I am not complaining about trolling. I am merely stating a fact. I have been here a long time. I know where I am. But then hey, I use facts to troll with. It can be mildly amusing when you're using them against dweebs who have none.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to TechnoBoob on Tue Sep 26 16:50:14 2023
    On 9/26/2023 4:32 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:
    "The Sick, Racist Message Behind Why Trump Chose That Particular Gun Store" >> ---utter nonsense snipped---

with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you

So? Which of the facts in that article do you claim are false? What is your source for this information?

I didn't say false, I said it is ridiculous. He is running for
    president and supports the 2nd amendment. Some little leftist troll,
    Torri Otten, who lives in Paris comes up with a headline guaranteed to
    reel in the dumb shits on the democrat side and you accept it as fact.
    She even states, "you could argue" in the hit piece. That should have
    been your first clue. It ain't fact, it's an opinion piece. MY opinion
    is it's pure shit.

I am not complaining about trolling. I am merely stating a fact. I have been here a long time. I know where I am. But then hey, I use facts to troll with. It can be mildly amusing when you're using them against dweebs who have none.

You really do live in a different reality.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Tue Sep 26 17:56:19 2023
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 2:50:19 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions >> with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you

is it's pure shit.

I clearly live on a very different planet. Back here on Earth that was a carefully staged campaign event. That store was hand picked. The idiot is proud of it.

And I get the standard rort troll response = "you're wrong, but I have nothing to back that up but my flapping lips."

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed Sep 27 07:53:02 2023

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions >> with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you

is it's pure shit.

"The Troubling History of Gun Shop That Hosted Trump
    TRIGGER WARNING
    He couldn’t buy a pistol bearing his likeness—but they have clearly bought into Trumpism."

"Donald Trump could not have picked a more perfect gun shop to make a campaign stop.

The Palmetto State Armory retail outlet in Summerville, South Carolina, did not only have a Glock semi-automatic pistol inscribed with his name and likeness. The company itself has a history of capitalizing on the crazy core of Trumpism: insurrection and
    racial conflict and disrespect for democracy.

Palmetto State Armory manufactured the assault rifle that a racist gunman decorated with two white swastikas before he used it to murder three Black people at a Dollar General Store in Jacksonville, Florida, late last month. But that could have just as
    easily been Smith & Wesson or Bushmaster or Daniel Defense.

Only Palmetto State Armory has painted a whole line of assault weapons in the style of an Hawaiian shirt, the unofficial uniform of the Boogaloo Boys, a militant movement that calls for the violent overthrow of the federal government accompanied by a
    racial civil war.

The company marketed these weapons as “the best American-made AK-47s” with a “Big Igloo Aloha finish.” In the Boogaloo movement’s parlance, the Big Igloo and the Big Luau are slang for the second civil war. Boogaloo Boys took part in the Jan. 6
    storming of the Capitol and they also figured in a 2020 plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

In June of 2020, another Boogaloo Boy fatally shot two sheriff's deputies in Santa Cruz. The killer wrote ”boog”’ in blood on the hood of a car. That same month, a trio of alleged Boogaloo Boys were arrested with assault rifles and explosives in
    Las Vegas allegedly headed for a George Floyd protest.

Also that month, another alleged Boogaloo Boy murdered a federal security officer and got into a shootout with police in Oakland, California. He was wearing a patch that combined an American flag and an igloo on an Hawaiian background. He is now serving
    a 41-year prison term.

For a time, Palmetto the company also offered assault rifle “lower receivers”— the core working assembly—stenciled with Trumpian slogans such as “Build the Wall,” and “Let’s Go Brandon.” One bore the words that Rep. Joe Wilson shouted
    from the House floor during President Obama’s 2009 State of the Union address: “You lie!”

“Only 999 of these will be produced, get yours before they are gone!” the company said when announcing this new customized line “to honor our esteemed congressman Joe Wilson.”

In a Trumpian oversight, Palmetto State Armory failed to mention that Wilson’s son, Julian Wilson, is one of three partners in JJE Capital Holdings, the private equity firm that owns the company.

The House subsequently voted to censure Wilson. He came to reconsider his violation of congressional decorum, but made no mention of his son’s ownership stake when he released a letter to Palmetto State Armory President Jamin McCallum.

“I thank you for quickly suspending sales of the product that uses my words,” Joe Wilson wrote to Julian’s Wilson’s partner as if there were no connection.

The younger Wilson was present at Palmetto State Armory’s retail store in Summerville on Sunday. He stood with McCallum and witnessed Trump’s excitement on seeing a pistol bearing his likeness.

"Oh, I like that one,” Trump said. “Wow.”

He then said, “I want to buy one.”

But federal law prohibits anyone under indictment from purchasing a firearm, and Trump left the perfect gun shop without the gun.

Even so, he departed this bastion of Trumpism with what he is always looking for, what he hopes will make a majority of us so blind as to put him back in power.

“They like me,” he said."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/palmetto-state-armory-a-trump-campaign-stop-has-outrageous-history?ref=home?ref=home?ref=home

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to TechnobarBoob on Wed Sep 27 10:40:26 2023
    On 9/26/2023 7:56 PM, TechnobarBoob wrote:

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions >>>> with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you
    complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties, >>>> that you can actually believe such ridiculous shit. Worse yet, knowing >>>> it is ridiculous, you repeat it anyway.

is it's pure shit.

I clearly live on a very different planet. Back here on Earth that was a carefully staged campaign event. That store was hand picked. The idiot is proud of it.

I'm proud of the fact he had the courage to go there and spotlight a
    quality gun store. This is a premiere gun store and has a national
    reputation of excellence. The store did nothing wrong with the sales of
    the gun to the mass shooter in Jacksonville, and it was found to be a
    legal purchase. You gun grabbing leftists want us 2nd amendment
    supporters to cower and close shop anytime something bad happens with a
    gun. We don't, and in fact the reality sick people can own guns gives
    us more the reason to carry our weapons and protect our friends, family,
    and loved ones.

You would have people search for something saying the event happened for something other than Otten's made up racist hit job. It's like trying
    to prove something that didn't happen. Futile. She blew the dog
    whistle, and YOU came running, foaming at the mouth.

And I get the standard rort troll response = "you're wrong, but I have nothing to back that up but my flapping lips."

Again we have to go over this? You gave a link to a hit piece opinion
    and act as if it is truth. I don't need something to back up My
    position that it is ridiculous. You have presented nothing but the
    usual left wing propaganda. Now go get your bone.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert caprel@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed Sep 27 08:55:13 2023
    On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 8:40:31 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions >>>> with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you >>>> complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties, >>>> that you can actually believe such ridiculous shit. Worse yet, knowing >>>> it is ridiculous, you repeat it anyway.

is it's pure shit.

quality gun store. This is a premiere gun store and has a national reputation of excellence. The store did nothing wrong with the sales of
    and loved ones.

You would have people search for something saying the event happened for something other than Otten's made up racist hit job. It's like trying

You retard would be proud if he shit on your dinner plate, Bon Appetit
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to sticks on Wed Sep 27 09:51:22 2023

I suppose this is one of those times you "frequently backup my opinions >>>> with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you >>>> complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties, >>>> that you can actually believe such ridiculous shit. Worse yet, knowing >>>> it is ridiculous, you repeat it anyway.

is it's pure shit.

quality gun store. This is a premiere gun store and has a national reputation of excellence. The store did nothing wrong with the sales of
    and loved ones.

"The Trump 45
    SOLD OUT"

https://cabotguns.com/trump-45/

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Sep 27 14:57:26 2023
    On Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 9:51:24 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 2:13:27 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote: >>>> On 9/26/2023 3:30 PM, TechnoBoob wrote:

with facts" as you call it. In reality, it is just more of what you >>>> complained about....trolling. But it does say a lot about you lefties,

Torri Otten, who lives in Paris comes up with a headline guaranteed to >> reel in the dumb shits on the democrat side and you accept it as fact. >> She even states, "you could argue" in the hit piece. That should have >> been your first clue. It ain't fact, it's an opinion piece. MY opinion >> is it's pure shit.

I'm proud of the fact he had the courage to go there and spotlight a quality gun store. This is a premiere gun store and has a national reputation of excellence. The store did nothing wrong with the sales of the gun to the mass shooter in Jacksonville, and it was found to be a legal purchase. You gun grabbing leftists want us 2nd amendment
    supporters to cower and close shop anytime something bad happens with a gun. We don't, and in fact the reality sick people can own guns gives
    us more the reason to carry our weapons and protect our friends, family, and loved ones.

"The Trump 45
    SOLD OUT"

https://cabotguns.com/trump-45/

TB

#45's campaign was so proud of this gun store visit that they posted a video to what's left of Twitter. It has since been deleted. So, maybe it never really happened? But hey, we have video.
    It's mostly a ten minute advertisement for this gun shop and their products, but the owner manages to get in some exaggerations of the pistol brace regulations, which #45 appears to know nothing about, but is now firmly against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YIJuuyZbY&t=506s

If you can stand to watch #45 for ten minutes the video is sort of fascinating because everyone is so wooden that it reminds me of something out of a Chuck Norris movie. The most animated person in this video is the shop owner. It's a good day
    for him.

Folsom Prison Blues (Trump AI Cover) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJVIB3KAM8

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05