• OT? - This Should Float TB's Boat

From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 12 16:56:53 2023
    I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads this.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-kennedy-makes-dem-lawmaker-squirm-reading-excerpts-lgbtq-kids-books-hearing-disturbing

Anyone how thinks this is okay for young children to read is just as
    sick as the kinky TechnoBoob.
    --
    NAGA Dimocrats are the diseased who are infecting the entire country
    with insanity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Sep 12 16:40:32 2023
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 2:56:56 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-kennedy-makes-dem-lawmaker-squirm-reading-excerpts-lgbtq-kids-books-hearing-disturbing

This is slightly warmed over old news. I have been over this in the past and don't see any need to go over it again.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Sep 12 17:00:11 2023

--
    with insanity.

I had not heard of the first book on the burn list before. It appears to float the boat for a lot of people. For example, there's this top review on Amazon:

" Chan D.
    4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what you think
    Reviewed in the United States on August 30, 2023
    Verified Purchase
    Headlines can be a bit misleading, but I'd say mine is spot on. I felt more inclined to read this book knowing it was put on a ban list, and I can't see why it would be but on a ban list after reading. It felt like I was reading through a narrated diary..
    . I was given a not so sneaky look into intimate, yet shareable, moments someone had discovering themselves. Is there a dab of sexual content? Yes. Is it age appropriate? Also, yes. As people, a parent myself, there are unspoken things our children go
    through... this pulled on my heart strings a bit because this might save someone's little, this might help a little become more comfortable with themselves - not feel as outcast, support their growth and build their confidence in who they are, or simply
    allow them to walk in their truth... our non-verbal babies need to SEE and READ it's okay, too.

As a side note, I bought this book for myself; however, I'll allow my daughter to read it next year when she's 12-13."

Amazon's customer are say the reading level is 15 years and above. Again from Amazon

"A New York Times Bestseller!
    Optioned for television by Gabrielle Union
    Featured on Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, Today Show, MSNBC and Fox Soul
    Velshi Banned Book Club
    Amazon Best Book of the Year
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    Teen Vogue Recommended Read
    Buzzfeed Recommended Read
    People Magazine Best Book of the Summer
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick
    A New York Library Best Book of 2020
    A Chicago Public Library Best Book of 2020
    A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2020
    Publishers Weekly Anti-Racist Reading List Pick
    2021 Texas Topaz Nonfiction Reading List Pick
    A Kids' Book Choice Award Finalist
    #1 YALSA Teen's Top Ten List Winner
    A Texas TAYSHAS Reading List Title"

https://www.amazon.com/All-Boys-Arent-Blue-Memoir-Manifesto/dp/0374312710

I've been over the other book here before. It's basically the same story. Another book that is not intended for small children and that is benefitting from the book banning. Most of us would have never heard of it except for all the moral panic on
    the right.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Sep 12 19:36:54 2023
    On 9/12/2023 6:40 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

This is slightly warmed over old news. I have been over this in the past and don't see any need to go over it again.

TB

So you are denying it's significance? I guess to you this means it
    actually didn't happen.
    --
    with insanity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Sep 12 19:39:41 2023
    On 9/12/2023 7:00 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

--
    with insanity.

I had not heard of the first book on the burn list before. It appears to float the boat for a lot of people. For example, there's this top review on Amazon:

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase
    Headlines can be a bit misleading, but I'd say mine is spot on. I felt more inclined to read this book knowing it was put on a ban list, and I can't see why it would be but on a ban list after reading. It felt like I was reading through a narrated
    diary... I was given a not so sneaky look into intimate, yet shareable, moments someone had discovering themselves. Is there a dab of sexual content? Yes. Is it age appropriate? Also, yes. As people, a parent myself, there are unspoken things our
    children go through... this pulled on my heart strings a bit because this might save someone's little, this might help a little become more comfortable with themselves - not feel as outcast, support their growth and build their confidence in who they are,
    or simply allow them to walk in their truth... our non-verbal babies need to SEE and READ it's okay, too.

As a side note, I bought this book for myself; however, I'll allow my daughter to read it next year when she's 12-13."

Amazon's customer are say the reading level is 15 years and above. Again from Amazon

Featured on Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, Today Show, MSNBC and Fox Soul
    Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

I've been over the other book here before. It's basically the same story. Another book that is not intended for small children and that is benefitting from the book banning. Most of us would have never heard of it except for all the moral panic
    on the right.

TB

you actually believe those Amazon reviews. Most of the positive ones are
    paid for. In any case though, it just shows you are not the only pervert around.
    --
    with insanity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Tue Sep 12 18:10:37 2023
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 5:39:43 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:

--
    with insanity.

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase
    Headlines can be a bit misleading, but I'd say mine is spot on. I felt more inclined to read this book knowing it was put on a ban list, and I can't see why it would be but on a ban list after reading. It felt like I was reading through a narrated
    diary... I was given a not so sneaky look into intimate, yet shareable, moments someone had discovering themselves. Is there a dab of sexual content? Yes. Is it age appropriate? Also, yes. As people, a parent myself, there are unspoken things our
    children go through... this pulled on my heart strings a bit because this might save someone's little, this might help a little become more comfortable with themselves - not feel as outcast, support their growth and build their confidence in who they are,
    or simply allow them to walk in their truth... our non-verbal babies need to SEE and READ it's okay, too.

Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

I've been over the other book here before. It's basically the same story. Another book that is not intended for small children and that is benefitting from the book banning. Most of us would have never heard of it except for all the moral panic on
    the right.

TB

you actually believe those Amazon reviews. Most of the positive ones are paid for. In any case though, it just shows you are not the only pervert around.
    --

What I believe isn't important here. It isn't even important that the reviews are accurate. If the book really is worthless people will stop buying it or checking it out of their library soon enough.
    Since you have never read it you obviously have no idea what it's really like. Since no one is forced to read this book this is just more manufactured outrage.

I have know since I was around 13 that I wasn't the only pervert around. Since then I learned that the number of people who really are not perverts is very very small. At the very least you obviously have a voyeuristic interest in perversion.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Sep 12 20:26:02 2023
    On 9/12/2023 8:10 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 2:56:56 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads this.

--
    with insanity.

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase

Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

https://www.amazon.com/All-Boys-Arent-Blue-Memoir-Manifesto/dp/0374312710 >>>
    the right.

TB

paid for. In any case though, it just shows you are not the only pervert
    around.
    --

What I believe isn't important here. It isn't even important that the reviews are accurate. If the book really is worthless people will stop buying it or checking it out of their library soon enough.
    Since you have never read it you obviously have no idea what it's really like. Since no one is forced to read this book this is just more manufactured outrage.

I have know since I was around 13 that I wasn't the only pervert around. Since then I learned that the number of people who really are not perverts is very very small. At the very least you obviously have a voyeuristic interest in perversion.

TB

Your crystal ball is cloudy.

--
    with insanity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Tue Sep 12 21:21:32 2023
    On 9/12/2023 8:10 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 2:56:56 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>>> I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads this.

--
    with insanity.

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase

Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

the right.

TB

around.
    --

What I believe isn't important here.

Damn, even you get something right once in a blue moon.
    TB

--
    with insanity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Wed Sep 13 10:06:11 2023

--

I got to thinking about the fact that at least one of these controversial books has been optioned for television. This is really no big deal. Televisions appetite for content is enormous, but there are probably far more ideas placed before the
    beast than ideas that make it to your home screen. BUT. When you think about it, conservative's enormous interest in sex has made it inevitable that someone will be bringing these ideas to the small screen. I can remember a time when no one would have
    thought of making this stuff into television simply because there was no way anyone would sponsor it. Times have changed.

This bullshit reminded me of the moral panic because the TV show Soap had a gay character. Conservatives were losing their shit before the shows were actually made.

"Soap was to be an ongoing story — unheard of for a primetime sitcom back then — with a traditional studio audience, blended with Susan’s talent for finding comedy in serious topics. It had barely been announced when Newsweek ran an exposé on the
    show, accusing it of being “impure” and full of dirty jokes. Nobody had even seen the show yet — the final cast wasn’t even in place — but this set off a tidal wave of discourse in the spring of 1977."

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2022/02/23/67107026/how-the-show-soap-became-the-most-controversial-sitcom-in-tv-history#:~:text=On%20one%20side%20were%20anti,never%20be%20allowed%20to%20air.

I never would have heard of these books if it hadn't been for conservatives posting about them here. Any television producer who wants a big cheap viral advertising campaign has an easy way to trigger one. Just make sure conservatives know all
    about what you're doing when you get started. lol Read them spicy excerpts. They love that.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to bfh on Wed Sep 13 11:12:36 2023
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 2:56:56 PM UTC-7,
    George.Anthony wrote:
    I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads
    this.

sick as the kinky TechnoBoob. --

I got to thinking about the fact that at least one of these
    controversial books has been optioned for television. This is
    really no big deal. Televisions appetite for content is enormous,
    but there are probably far more ideas placed before the beast than
    ideas that make it to your home screen. BUT. When you think about
    it, conservative's enormous interest in sex has made it inevitable
    that someone will be bringing these ideas to the small screen. I
    can remember a time when no one would have thought of making this
    stuff into television simply because there was no way anyone would
    sponsor it. Times have changed.

This bullshit reminded me of the moral panic because the TV show
    Soap had a gay character. Conservatives were losing their shit
    before the shows were actually made.

"Soap was to be an ongoing story — unheard of for a primetime sitcom back then — with a traditional studio audience, blended
    with Susan’s talent for finding comedy in serious topics. It had barely been announced when Newsweek ran an exposé on the show,
    accusing it of being “impure†and full of dirty jokes. Nobody had even seen the show yet — the final cast wasn’t even in place — but this set off a tidal wave of discourse in the spring
    of 1977."

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2022/02/23/67107026/how-the-show-soap-became-the-most-controversial-sitcom-in-tv-history#:~:text=On%20one%20side%20were%20anti,never%20be%20allowed%20to%20air.

I never would have heard of these books if it hadn't been for conservatives posting about them here. Any television producer who
    wants a big cheap viral advertising campaign has an easy way to
    trigger one. Just make sure conservatives know all about what
    you're doing when you get started. lol
    Yeah, that worked pretty well for Bud Light, so it ought to work for
    books and TV, too.

Read them spicy excerpts.

Ah. Maybe that's where Bud dropped the ball - not enough spice.

They love that.

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Freakin' laughing out loud *again*. You *are* a HOOT!

"EXCLUSIVE: Gabrielle Union’s I’ll Have Another Productions has optioned television rights to George M. Johnson’s bestselling memoir All Boys Aren’t Blue to develop as a series with Sony Pictures TV, where I’ll Have Another is under a first-
    look deal.

In his book, published April 28 by Macmillan, journalist and LGBTQ+ activist Johnson explores his childhood and adolescence growing up in Plainfield, NJ as well as his college years attending an HBCU in Virginia. From memories of getting his teeth kicked
    out by bullies at age five to his loving relationship with his grandmother whom he affectionately called “Nanny,” to his first sexual experience, the young adult memoir showcases the life of growing up under the duality of being black and queer. The
    stories wrestle with triumph and tragedy and cover heavy topics such as gender identity, toxic masculinity, brotherhood, family, structural marginalization, consent and Black joy."

"The subject matter is personal to Union, who is a parent to a queer identifying daughter.

“Queer black existence has been here forever yet rarely has that experience been shown in literature or film and television,” Union said. “Being a parent to a queer identifying daughter has given me the platform to make sure that these stories are
    being told in a truthful and authentic way and George’s memoir gives you the blueprint for that and more. What I love about this book is that it not only offers a space for queer kids of color to be seen and heard but it also offers those who see
    themselves outside of that standpoint to be held accountable and help them better understand what it takes to truly have acceptance with someone who is considered other.”

Union’s I’ll Have Another is currently in development on several series set at HBO Max, Apple and Quibi, among others. Union recently wrapped production on season 2 of Spectrum’s hit series LA’s Finest.

The book deal was made by The Gotham Group. Johnson is repped by Eric Smith at P.S. Literary and attorney Anita Surendran of Granderson Des Rochers, LLP. Union is repped by CAA, Atlas Artists and attorney Patti Felker."

https://deadline.com/2020/06/gabrielle-union-options-all-boys-arent-blue-memoir-tv-series-development-1202955815/

"All Boys Aren't Blue
    George M. Johnson's NY Times bestselling memoir, All Boys Aren't Blue is the perfect source material for this film, a stylized dramatic reading that highlights three pivotal moments in George's life that shaped their understanding of their place in the
    world. Starring Jenifer Lewis, Dyllón Burnside, Bernard David Jones and Thomas Hobson. Directed & Adapted by Nathan Hale Williams
    IMDb 7.7
    40min
    18+
    Drama
    ·
    LGBTQ
    Available to rent or buy

Rent
    HD $2.99

Buy
    HD $9.99

More purchase
    options

Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

https://www.amazon.com/Boys-Arent-Blue-Jenifer-Lewis/dp/B0B6DP91VD

"Best Sellers Rank: #3,229 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #1 in Teen & Young Adult LGBTQ+ Issues
    #2 in Teen & Young Adult Social Activist Biographies
    #5 in Censorship & Politics"

That was also cut from Amazon.

Yeah, with a guaranteed viral advertising campaign from our not so conservative conservatives I can see where this stuff will be hard to sell. LOL, thanks.

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Sep 13 13:31:58 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    George.Anthony wrote:
    I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads
    this.

really no big deal. Televisions appetite for content is enormous,
    but there are probably far more ideas placed before the beast than
    ideas that make it to your home screen. BUT. When you think about
    it, conservative's enormous interest in sex has made it inevitable
    that someone will be bringing these ideas to the small screen. I
    can remember a time when no one would have thought of making this
    stuff into television simply because there was no way anyone would
    sponsor it. Times have changed.

This bullshit reminded me of the moral panic because the TV show
    Soap had a gay character. Conservatives were losing their shit
    before the shows were actually made.

"Soap was to be an ongoing story — unheard of for a primetime
    sitcom back then — with a traditional studio audience, blended
    with Susan’s talent for finding comedy in serious topics. It had barely been announced when Newsweek ran an exposé on the show,
    accusing it of being “impure” and full of dirty jokes. Nobody
    had even seen the show yet — the final cast wasn’t even in place — but this set off a tidal wave of discourse in the spring
    of 1977."

I never would have heard of these books if it hadn't been for
    conservatives posting about them here. Any television producer who
    wants a big cheap viral advertising campaign has an easy way to
    trigger one. Just make sure conservatives know all about what
    you're doing when you get started. lol

Yeah, that worked pretty well for Bud Light, so it ought to work for
    books and TV, too.

They love that.

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Sep 13 15:18:12 2023
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 10:32:02 AM UTC-7, bfh
    wrote:
    Technobarbarian wrote:
    George.Anthony wrote:
    I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he
    reads this.

really no big deal. Televisions appetite for content is
    enormous, but there are probably far more ideas placed before
    the beast than ideas that make it to your home screen. BUT.
    When you think about it, conservative's enormous interest in
    sex has made it inevitable that someone will be bringing these
    ideas to the small screen. I can remember a time when no one
    would have thought of making this stuff into television simply
    because there was no way anyone would sponsor it. Times have
    changed.

This bullshit reminded me of the moral panic because the TV
    show Soap had a gay character. Conservatives were losing their
    shit before the shows were actually made.

"Soap was to be an ongoing story — unheard of for a
    primetime sitcom back then — with a traditional studio
    audience, blended with Susan’s talent for finding comedy >>> in serious topics. It had barely been announced when Newsweek
    ran an exposé on the show, accusing it of being
    “impure†and full of dirty jokes. Nobody had even >>> seen the show yet — the final cast wasn’t even
    in place — but this set off a tidal wave of discourse in >>> the spring of 1977."

I never would have heard of these books if it hadn't been for
    conservatives posting about them here. Any television producer
    who wants a big cheap viral advertising campaign has an easy
    way to trigger one. Just make sure conservatives know all about
    what you're doing when you get started. lol
    Yeah, that worked pretty well for Bud Light, so it ought to work
    for books and TV, too.

They love that.

-- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Freakin' laughing out loud *again*. You *are* a HOOT!

"EXCLUSIVE: Gabrielle Union’s I’ll Have Another Productions has optioned television rights to George M. Johnson’s bestselling
    memoir All Boys Aren’t Blue to develop as a series with Sony
    Pictures TV, where I’ll Have Another is under a first-look deal.

In his book, published April 28 by Macmillan, journalist and LGBTQ+
    activist Johnson explores his childhood and adolescence growing up
    in Plainfield, NJ as well as his college years attending an HBCU in
    Virginia. From memories of getting his teeth kicked out by bullies
    at age five to his loving relationship with his grandmother whom he affectionately called “Nanny,” to his first sexual experience, the young adult memoir showcases the life of growing up under the
    duality of being black and queer. The stories wrestle with triumph
    and tragedy and cover heavy topics such as gender identity, toxic masculinity, brotherhood, family, structural marginalization,
    consent and Black joy."

"The subject matter is personal to Union, who is a parent to a
    queer identifying daughter.

“Queer black existence has been here forever yet rarely has that experience been shown in literature or film and television,”
    Union said. “Being a parent to a queer identifying daughter has
    given me the platform to make sure that these stories are being
    told in a truthful and authentic way and George’s memoir gives
    you the blueprint for that and more. What I love about this book is
    that it not only offers a space for queer kids of color to be seen
    and heard but it also offers those who see themselves outside of
    that standpoint to be held accountable and help them better
    understand what it takes to truly have acceptance with someone who
    is considered other.”

Union’s I’ll Have Another is currently in development on several series set at HBO Max, Apple and Quibi, among others. Union
    recently wrapped production on season 2 of Spectrum’s hit series LA’s Finest.

The book deal was made by The Gotham Group. Johnson is repped by
    Eric Smith at P.S. Literary and attorney Anita Surendran of
    Granderson Des Rochers, LLP. Union is repped by CAA, Atlas Artists
    and attorney Patti Felker."

https://deadline.com/2020/06/gabrielle-union-options-all-boys-arent-blue-memoir-tv-series-development-1202955815/

"All Boys Aren't Blue George M. Johnson's NY Times bestselling
    memoir, All Boys Aren't Blue is the perfect source material for
    this film, a stylized dramatic reading that highlights three
    pivotal moments in George's life that shaped their understanding of
    their place in the world. Starring Jenifer Lewis, Dyllón Burnside,
    Bernard David Jones and Thomas Hobson. Directed & Adapted by Nathan
    Hale Williams 3 IMDb 7.7 40min 2022 18+ Drama · LGBTQ Available to
    rent or buy

Rent HD $2.99

Buy HD $9.99

More purchase options

Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours
    to finish once started.

https://www.amazon.com/Boys-Arent-Blue-Jenifer-Lewis/dp/B0B6DP91VD

"Best Sellers Rank: #3,229 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) #1 in
    Teen & Young Adult LGBTQ+ Issues #2 in Teen & Young Adult Social
    Activist Biographies #5 in Censorship & Politics"

That was also cut from Amazon.

Yeah, with a guaranteed viral advertising campaign from our not so conservative conservatives I can see where this stuff will be hard
    to sell. LOL, thanks.

You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

--
    bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kmiller@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Wed Sep 13 19:42:17 2023
    On 9/12/2023 6:10 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

--
    with insanity.

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase

Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

the right.

TB

around.
    --

TB

Retrumplicans seem to be unable to grasp that society has changed, is
    still changing and will continue changing. They want to try to cram it
    back into some all white, incredibly fantasized version of the '50s. The
    more they flail around trying to cram their imaginary vision on the rest
    of us the crazier they get. I thought I'd seen crazy when I watched the insurrection live on TV but that doesn't hold a candle to a candidate
    who was impeached twice, found liable for sexual assault, charged with
    more than 90 various crimes and still is head (or ass) of the crazy party.

You'd think those folk would be ashamed of themselves but you'd sure be
    wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to kmiller on Thu Sep 14 15:03:48 2023
    kmiller <i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com> wrote:
    On 9/12/2023 6:10 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 5:39:43 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote: >>> On 9/12/2023 7:00 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
    I hope he doesn't get too excited and wet himself when he reads this. >>>>>

Anyone how thinks this is okay for young children to read is just as >>>>> sick as the kinky TechnoBoob.
    --
    NAGA Dimocrats are the diseased who are infecting the entire country >>>>> with insanity.

I had not heard of the first book on the burn list before. It appears
    to float the boat for a lot of people. For example, there's this top review on Amazon:

" Chan D.
    Verified Purchase
    Headlines can be a bit misleading, but I'd say mine is spot on. I felt >>>> more inclined to read this book knowing it was put on a ban list, and
    I can't see why it would be but on a ban list after reading. It felt
    like I was reading through a narrated diary... I was given a not so
    sneaky look into intimate, yet shareable, moments someone had
    discovering themselves. Is there a dab of sexual content? Yes. Is it
    age appropriate? Also, yes. As people, a parent myself, there are
    unspoken things our children go through... this pulled on my heart
    strings a bit because this might save someone's little, this might
    help a little become more comfortable with themselves - not feel as
    outcast, support their growth and build their confidence in who they
    are, or simply allow them to walk in their truth... our non-verbal
    babies need to SEE and READ it's okay, too.

As a side note, I bought this book for myself; however, I'll allow my
    daughter to read it next year when she's 12-13."

Velshi Banned Book Club
    CNN Summer Read Pick
    An Indie Bestseller
    An ALA Rainbow List Pick

https://www.amazon.com/All-Boys-Arent-Blue-Memoir-Manifesto/dp/0374312710 >>>>
    I've been over the other book here before. It's basically the same
    story. Another book that is not intended for small children and that
    is benefitting from the book banning. Most of us would have never
    heard of it except for all the moral panic on the right.

TB

you actually believe those Amazon reviews. Most of the positive ones are >>> paid for. In any case though, it just shows you are not the only pervert >>> around.
    --

What I believe isn't important here. It isn't even important that the
    reviews are accurate. If the book really is worthless people will stop
    buying it or checking it out of their library soon enough.
    Since you have never read it you obviously have no idea what it's really
    like. Since no one is forced to read this book this is just more manufactured outrage.

I have know since I was around 13 that I wasn't the only pervert around.
    Since then I learned that the number of people who really are not
    perverts is very very small. At the very least you obviously have a
    voyeuristic interest in perversion.

TB

Retrumplicans seem to be unable to grasp that society has changed, is
    still changing and will continue changing. They want to try to cram it
    back into some all white, incredibly fantasized version of the '50s. The
    more they flail around trying to cram their imaginary vision on the rest
    of us the crazier they get. I thought I'd seen crazy when I watched the insurrection live on TV but that doesn't hold a candle to a candidate
    who was impeached twice, found liable for sexual assault, charged with
    more than 90 various crimes and still is head (or ass) of the crazy party.

You'd think those folk would be ashamed of themselves but you'd sure be wrong.

Why should we be. If you aren’t ashamed of that criminal clown show you put into office there is no shame left in this country. By the way, I don’t think I am nostalgic for the”all white” version of the sixties. Does that wool over your eyes make them itch?

--
    Joe Biden calls himself the greatest job creator in history after rehiring
    the 9 million people he fired.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05