• Proud Boys leader Joe Biggs sobs during sentencing

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 31 15:10:43 2023
    He was given 17 years in prison over January 6 after begging court not to separate him from his daughter and cancer-stricken mom"

"'I know that I have to be punished and I understand,' he said, according to CNN, but added, 'please give me the chance, I beg you, to take my daughter to school and pick her up.'

'I wanted to see what would happen... My curiosity got the best of me,' he claimed. 'I’m not a terrorist… I’m one of the nicest people in the world.'"

"The group saw Biden and other left-leaning politicians as a threat to the country and spoke about needing 'war,' 'revolution,' and firing squads for traitors.

Ahead of the riot, Biggs told followers of his on the social media app Parler to dress in black to resemble the far-left Antifa movement, the affidavit said.

Biggs appeared to be wearing a walkie-talkie during the storming of the Capitol, but he told FBI agents that he had no knowledge about the planning of the destructive riot and didn't know who organized it.

Prior to the riot he had organized a 2019 rally in Portland, Oregon, in which more than 1,000 far-right protesters and anti-fascist counter-demonstrators faced off. "

"'In an interview with DailyMail.com, Biggs claimed the only reason he went inside the building was because he 'wanted to take a piss.'

The entire time I was in there I felt bad, I didn't want to be there. I didn't touch anything, I didn't break anything, I didn't steal anything. There was no ill intent other than I really needed a f***ing piss,' he said.

'I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and found another cop and asked him 'how the hell do I get out of here?' He showed me the way out. I left and stayed outside. That's the only thing I did.'

When asked why he told other rioters in the video that being inside the Capitol was 'awesome', Biggs said he meant 'awe-inspiring', but also 'awful'."

"During the month long trial, prosecutors argued that the Proud Boys viewed themselves as foot soldiers fighting for Trump as the Republican spread lies that Democrats stole the election from him.

Attorneys argued that members of the group were prepared to go to war to keep their preferred leader in power."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12466883/Proud-Boys-Joe-Biggs-sentence.html

Lock him up.

TB
    "

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Lampson@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Thu Aug 31 18:16:13 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
    He was given 17 years in prison over January 6 after begging court not to separate him from his daughter and cancer-stricken mom"

"'I know that I have to be punished and I understand,' he said, according to CNN, but added, 'please give me the chance, I beg you, to take my daughter to school and pick her up.'

'I wanted to see what would happen... My curiosity got the best of me,' he claimed. 'I’m not a terrorist… I’m one of the nicest people in the world.'"

"The group saw Biden and other left-leaning politicians as a threat to the country and spoke about needing 'war,' 'revolution,' and firing squads for traitors.

Ahead of the riot, Biggs told followers of his on the social media app Parler to dress in black to resemble the far-left Antifa movement, the affidavit said.

Biggs appeared to be wearing a walkie-talkie during the storming of the Capitol, but he told FBI agents that he had no knowledge about the planning of the destructive riot and didn't know who organized it.

Prior to the riot he had organized a 2019 rally in Portland, Oregon, in which more than 1,000 far-right protesters and anti-fascist counter-demonstrators faced off. "

"'In an interview with DailyMail.com, Biggs claimed the only reason he went inside the building was because he 'wanted to take a piss.'

The entire time I was in there I felt bad, I didn't want to be there. I didn't touch anything, I didn't break anything, I didn't steal anything. There was no ill intent other than I really needed a f***ing piss,' he said.

'I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and found another cop and asked him 'how the hell do I get out of here?' He showed me the way out. I left and stayed outside. That's the only thing I did.'

When asked why he told other rioters in the video that being inside the Capitol was 'awesome', Biggs said he meant 'awe-inspiring', but also 'awful'."

"During the month long trial, prosecutors argued that the Proud Boys viewed themselves as foot soldiers fighting for Trump as the Republican spread lies that Democrats stole the election from him.

Attorneys argued that members of the group were prepared to go to war to keep their preferred leader in power."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12466883/Proud-Boys-Joe-Biggs-sentence.html

Lock him up.

TB
    "

YKW says, if elected, he'll pardon the whole lot of treasonous shitbirds...

If Biggs had just stayed home, tending to his sick mom, & watching over his daughter, instead of being a ruff, tough, revolutionary with his Bros, he wouldn't headed for the slammer, would he? He sounds like a jailhouse Jeeezus wheezer in-waiting, to
    me?

Judge Dredd Jr.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kmiller@21:1/5 to Don Lampson on Fri Sep 1 12:10:59 2023
    On 8/31/2023 6:16 PM, Don Lampson wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:

Lock him up.

TB
    "

YKW says, if elected, he'll pardon the whole lot of treasonous shitbirds...

If Biggs had just stayed home, tending to his sick mom, & watching over his daughter, instead of being a ruff, tough, revolutionary with his Bros, he wouldn't headed for the slammer, would he? He sounds like a jailhouse Jeeezus wheezer in-waiting,
    to me?

Judge Dredd Jr.

Hey! C'mon man. It's a disease. OrangeGoonitis Retrumplicosis. Follow
    the science, damn it. I would suggest they house him in a cell with transgender, self-unidentiying, illegal immigrant, cross-dresssing,
    dominatrics and give him rainbow colored bedding.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05