• Sailing on the sea of matrimony.....

From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 1 02:12:55 2023
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band, in a beautiful setting, with
    outstanding food, & perfect weather! It was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm walking on a cloud ever since!

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical... I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't, mainly because we didn't want people thinking that we were
    just sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Despite all my recent medical misfortunes, I still feel like one of the luckiest guys on the planet.....

Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Frank Howell@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 03:47:35 2023
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band, in a beautiful setting, with
    outstanding food, & perfect weather! It was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm walking on a cloud ever since!

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical... I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't, mainly because we didn't want people thinking that we were

Despite all my recent medical misfortunes, I still feel like one of the luckiest guys on the planet.....

Don

Well good for you!

--
    Frank Howell

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 09:07:51 2023
    On 7/1/2023 4:12 AM, film...@gmail.com wrote:

Don

Congratulations!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George.Anthony@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 14:50:15 2023
    film...@gmail.com <filmbydon@gmail.com> wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present...
    Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band,
    in a beautiful setting, with outstanding food, & perfect weather! It
    was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm walking on a cloud ever since!

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical...
    I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't, mainly because we didn't
    want people thinking that we were just sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Don

Better late than never? By the way, what name does she call you? So many choices…

--
    Biden has no idea what he’s doing but he’s really good at it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bfh@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 12:48:25 2023
    film...@gmail.com wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a
    lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends
    present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a
    1st class band, in a beautiful setting, with outstanding food, &
    perfect weather! It was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm
    walking on a cloud ever since!

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the
    gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was
    almost magical... I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't,
    mainly because we didn't want people thinking that we were just
    sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Despite all my recent medical misfortunes, I still feel like one
    of the luckiest guys on the planet.....

Congratulations, old fart?

But hey. Expiring minds want to know:
    Why weren't we invited?
    You could have at least live-streamed it?
    Will it be on YouTube at the end of the day going forward?
    As the local oracle, did you make any prophetic predictions?
    Were there any Trump-bashing speeches or skits?
    Did you serve Bud Light in champagne flutes?
    Did Newsom show up - or at least call in?
    Are you gonna honeymoon in LA or Frisco or Portland?

--
    bill
    Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George Anthony@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 16:54:07 2023
    On 7/1/2023 4:53 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 7:50:18 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    film...@gmail.com <film...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely
    outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present...
    Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band,

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some >>> brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical...
    want people thinking that we were just sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Despite all my recent medical misfortunes, I still feel like one of the
    luckiest guys on the planet.....

Don

Better late than never? By the way, what name does she call you? So many
    choices…

--

She often calls me "Donald Sweeter Peter", when we're alone... HawHawHaw!

Just another "Donald"

Trump, I assume :-)

--
    NAGA Democrats are destroying the United States of America.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to George.Anthony on Sat Jul 1 14:53:05 2023
    On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 7:50:18 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
    film...@gmail.com <film...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band,

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical...

Don

Better late than never? By the way, what name does she call you? So many choices…

--

She often calls me "Donald Sweeter Peter", when we're alone... HawHawHaw!

Just another "Donald"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 1 16:34:46 2023
    On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 2:12:57 AM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band, in a beautiful setting, with outstanding
    food, & perfect weather! It was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm walking on a cloud ever since!

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical... I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't, mainly because we didn't want people thinking that we were just
    sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Don

I dunno. It sounds like you might be rushing into this. Maybe you should have given it another year or two to be sure of what you're rushing into? That floating feeling could be just gas?

Or maybe you're just a poor salesperson with a dinged and dented product. It only took me 3 years to convince my wife to marry me. That's still one of my all time best decisions,

With all the crazy going on it's nice to get some good news. :-)

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert caprel@21:1/5 to Technobarbarian on Sat Jul 1 18:24:17 2023
    On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 4:34:49 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
    On Saturday, July 1, 2023 at 2:12:57 AM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:
    Last weekend, I officially married my partner of 43 years in a lovely outdoor venue with over a hundred of our family & friends present... Several of my pickin' pals performed music, creating a 1st class band, in a beautiful setting, with outstanding
    food, & perfect weather! It was a touching ceremony, & I've felt like I'm walking on a cloud ever since!

Don
    I dunno. It sounds like you might be rushing into this. Maybe you should have given it another year or two to be sure of what you're rushing into? That floating feeling could be just gas?

Or maybe you're just a poor salesperson with a dinged and dented product. It only took me 3 years to convince my wife to marry me. That's still one of my all time best decisions,

With all the crazy going on it's nice to get some good news. :-)

TB

Yea really what’s the rush?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kmiller@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 9 07:12:18 2023
    On 7/1/2023 2:12 AM, film...@gmail.com wrote:

Don

I hope you both signed prenups to protect all that wealth you've both
    amassed through the years. Get a Will made, too, so that your guitar and favorite bong can avoid probate.

Bueno suerte, amigos, and cum saluere (no pun intended).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sticks@21:1/5 to kmiller on Sun Jul 9 12:33:57 2023
    On 7/9/2023 9:12 AM, kmiller wrote:

I hope you both signed prenups to protect all that wealth you've both
    amassed through the years. Get a Will made, too, so that your guitar and favorite bong can avoid probate.

I hope everybody knows that having a will, will not negate probate. I
    guess a lot of people think that, but it simply isn't so.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to kmiller on Sun Jul 9 12:41:37 2023
    On Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 7:12:29 AM UTC-7, kmiller wrote:

Don

I hope you both signed prenups to protect all that wealth you've both amassed through the years. Get a Will made, too, so that your guitar and favorite bong can avoid probate.

My vast wealth has been taken care for years through beneficiaries... Alas, when I shuffle off my mortal coil, all that remains to be squabbled over is a pile of guns, a few thousand bucks worth of guitars, & gear, while I'll be taking my eternal
    rest, in plot B, down at the Santa Margarita boneyard, among my former drinking pals.....

A friend will build me a suitable concrete headstone no more than 30" tall, with a mourner's bench, & roll of T.P. nearby, to mop away the tears, as the legions of mourners fondly recall our days together, when I was alive, & mumble, "Good night,
    sweet Prince" to me, on my longest journey.... <sniff sniff>

Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert caprel@21:1/5 to sticks on Sun Jul 9 13:22:51 2023
    On Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 10:34:00 AM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
    On 7/9/2023 9:12 AM, kmiller wrote:

I hope you both signed prenups to protect all that wealth you've both amassed through the years. Get a Will made, too, so that your guitar and favorite bong can avoid probate.
    I hope everybody knows that having a will, will not negate probate. I
    guess a lot of people think that, but it simply isn't so.

More dumb shit from stick in the mud, all wills get probated that is simply the legal process, what the dumb stick means it can be contested in court.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dm_callier@21:1/5 to film...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 9 13:36:17 2023
    On Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 12:41:39 PM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:

Don

My vast wealth has been taken care for years through beneficiaries... Alas, when I shuffle off my mortal coil, all that remains to be squabbled over is a pile of guns, a few thousand bucks worth of guitars, & gear, while I'll be taking my eternal rest,
    in plot B, down at the Santa Margarita boneyard, among my former drinking pals.....

A friend will build me a suitable concrete headstone no more than 30" tall, with a mourner's bench, & roll of T.P. nearby, to mop away the tears, as the legions of mourners fondly recall our days together, when I was alive, & mumble, "Good night, sweet
    Prince" to me, on my longest journey.... <sniff sniff>

Don

Congratulations and I hope there was plenty of cake to go along with the tunes.

"It was a white wedding..."
    dmc

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From filmbydon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 9 21:19:35 2023
    On Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 1:36:19 PM UTC-7, dm_callier wrote:
    On Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 12:41:39 PM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:

It was a low budget hippy type affair, that cost less than the gowns some brides wear... Many of the guests said the "vibe" was almost magical... I wish we'd done it years ago, but didn't, mainly because we didn't want people thinking that we
    were just sucking up, to the status quo! HawHawHaw!

Don

My vast wealth has been taken care for years through beneficiaries... Alas, when I shuffle off my mortal coil, all that remains to be squabbled over is a pile of guns, a few thousand bucks worth of guitars, & gear, while I'll be taking my eternal
    rest, in plot B, down at the Santa Margarita boneyard, among my former drinking pals.....

A friend will build me a suitable concrete headstone no more than 30" tall, with a mourner's bench, & roll of T.P. nearby, to mop away the tears, as the legions of mourners fondly recall our days together, when I was alive, & mumble, "Good night,
    sweet Prince" to me, on my longest journey.... <sniff sniff>

Don
    Congratulations and I hope there was plenty of cake to go along with the tunes.

"It was a white wedding..."
    dmc

Our wedding cake was the darkest, gooiest, most fragrant, five layer, death by chocolate, monuments to the coco plant, one could imagine! For me, it was a way more candy than than it was cake...
    In place of the traditional Bride & Groom atop the cake, was a ceramic nest, with a pair of ravens, which gave our event a whiff of Paganism into the party... Everyone was happy, and it was one of the best days of my life!

Don

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05