• Baker City mayor faces heat after equating Pride flags to swastikas

From Technobarbarian@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 24 14:38:00 2023
    At worst I though our trip to Eastern Oregon was in many ways a trip back to the 50s, with a little Children of the Corn thrown in for good measure. Many of the people who live out there moved out there because they like that last century ambiance.
    They have seen the 21st century and didn't like it. Keep in mind that many of these good citizens are likely to be well armed. I was still surprised to see that the mayor of Baker City is living in the 1930s.

"'Significant breach of fitness': Oregon city mayor faces heat after equating Pride flags to swastikas"

"According to the report, Pride Walk organizer and New Directions staffer Haley Huekman did not discuss the mayor's post, but emphasized, "Pride is about accepting and celebrating those who are in the LGBTQ+ community. It values tolerance, acceptance and
    inclusion. For several years the Baker County Safe Communities Coalition has put out 'You Matter' signs around Baker County. This campaign is to remind community members that we all have a place here."

Diaz has since offered an apology "for any misunderstanding," adding, he has "no hate for those who choose a different lifestyle, religion, or sexual preference than my own."

Still, the mayor stood behind his post, saying, "The post in question was meant to illustrate how the DEI or 'woke' ideology is being propagandized and militantly forced on American society and culture using the same psychological tactics used by the
    Nazi party in the 1930s - 1940s. It was meant to demonstrate how this movement, under the guise of inclusion and affirmation, is attacking the very foundation of America's Judeo-Christian values, a movement that some of our citizens have been thoroughly
    indoctrinated into.""

https://www.rawstory.com/oregon-pride-flag/

TB

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)