• Sh'boom sh'boom

From giles@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 21 19:03:09 2019
    I dreamed.....um.....well, I hope it was a dream.....I dreamed that I almost died somewhere around the middle of Lake Michigan last month. Or maybe it wasn't a dream. And maybe it wasn't "almost".

At any rate there were no fish involved. Well, that much at last seems real enough. Pices and I have not crossed paths since fish last trod paths. Not to suggest that I have been entirely idle for lo these many tides (yes, we do actually have them here
    despite their being virtually imperceptible); no I have been otherwise engaged in pursuits avian (for a few years) and more recently terrestrial.

Neptune, being a god of sorts, must necessarily be viewed as a monarch. True to my well known history of engaging with such low company (e.g. roff), I have recently taken to engagement with butterflies and their obligate floral riffraff. And who, in
    these necessarily eco-conscious days could possibly fail to make an immediate connection with milkweeds (genus Asclepias) ainna?

Yep.....busted!

And thus I find myself in the rather peculiar position of being (along with my friend and botanical mentor, Jim) one of the world's leading authorities on milkweed fiber for use in cordage, thread, yarn and rope. Granted that our exalted status is
    largely an artifact induced by the simple fact that just about NOBODY else knows (or cares) anything about it, we are still honored and suitably humbled by your recognition and generous applause.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.....and, perhaps, a watery grave as well.

p.s. roff ain't no deader than me.....or vice versa.
    and yes, Lake Michigan is undeniably a well known serial killer.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark H. Bowen@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 23 05:28:30 2020
    Hi Wolfgang!
    Been quite some time since last we spoke, and yes, I know that we haven't spoke presently,technically speaking.

Anyway, still in Lenoir, 3 yrs, 9 mths., from my hoped retirement!!!

Drop me a line.
    bowenmh@appstate.edu

Opie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)