• Naturism today

From Fred Friendly@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 5 13:43:14 2022
    I am looking for a reality check:

From the 1970s until the 2000s, I had many opportunities to visit clothing-optional beaches and resorts without making nude recreation a priority in my vacation plans. It was just something that was a normal part of visiting California, Cape Cod or
    Florida. However, I was never a big fan of beaches, and now tend to look for good places for long-distance bicycling.

From what I read and see online, naturism seems to have suffered from the general turn towards conservatism in the US. With some exceptions, younger people do not appear to be adopting social nudity, having grown up in a period of increased sexualization
    of the body by the mainstream culture.

The questions remain: how does one live (and raise children) in a society so hostile to a healthy attitude towards the body? Has it become even more difficult?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Batman The real one@21:1/5 to Fred Friendly on Wed Sep 28 15:09:14 2022
    On Monday, September 5, 2022 at 2:43:16 PM UTC-6, Fred Friendly wrote:

From the 1970s until the 2000s, I had many opportunities to visit clothing-optional beaches and resorts without making nude recreation a priority in my vacation plans. It was just something that was a normal part of visiting California, Cape Cod or
    Florida. However, I was never a big fan of beaches, and now tend to look for good places for long-distance bicycling.

From what I read and see online, naturism seems to have suffered from the general turn towards conservatism in the US. With some exceptions, younger people do not appear to be adopting social nudity, having grown up in a period of increased
    sexualization of the body by the mainstream culture.

The questions remain: how does one live (and raise children) in a society so hostile to a healthy attitude towards the body? Has it become even more difficult?

Nudity is not sexuality
    child predators prey on vulnerable children and fail to understand a child never sees you as a loveable..

When an adult takes away the child’s sexuality, the child can heal but the adult is shunned for life.

This ng is sickening and like all ng has been fouled by creepy old men

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dario Western@21:1/5 to Batman The real one on Tue Dec 20 22:36:14 2022
    On Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 8:09:16 AM UTC+10, Batman The real one wrote:

Nudity is not sexuality
    child predators prey on vulnerable children and fail to understand a child never sees you as a loveable..

When an adult takes away the child’s sexuality, the child can heal but the adult is shunned for life.

I don't even they are old men, rather bots to be precise. Which is why I rarely to never visit this quagrmire anymore. There are FB groups which offer much more intelligent and balanced conversations.

Dario

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dario Western@21:1/5 to Fred Friendly on Tue Dec 20 22:34:16 2022
    On Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 6:43:16 AM UTC+10, Fred Friendly wrote:

From what I read and see online, naturism seems to have suffered from the general turn towards conservatism in the US. With some exceptions, younger people do not appear to be adopting social nudity, having grown up in a period of increased
    sexualization of the body by the mainstream culture.

The questions remain: how does one live (and raise children) in a society so hostile to a healthy attitude towards the body?
    Has it become even more difficult?

I think you answered your own question. In the US and many other countries, nudity is objectified and sexualized. Children are very sensitive to adult behaviour and values, so if adults are preventing them from seeing other people nude and discouraging
    them from going nude (apart from bathing and sleeping) then of course they are going to have a negative attitude towards nudism as they grow up.

On top of that, Nikki Craft's website has brought to light a lot of nasty characters who were involved with the nudist movement in the US from the late 60's till the mid 00's. This has made a lot of people sceptical about our lifestyle, but the truth is
    that sort of thing can happen in any faction of society as well like churches, kids sporting clubs, scouts and guides etc. Basically, anywhere where there are kids.

What can we do about it? Unfortunately, it's next to impossible. Morality cannot be legislated. You cannot make lust or hatred for certain things illegal, although you can legislate against discrimination of a person on account of skin colour, gender,
    creed or sexual orientation.

Dario

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to westernorama@gmail.com on Wed Dec 21 15:32:17 2022
    In article <fe18444f-5f2e-4f6a-9985-fd84c5d08cefn@googlegroups.com>,
    Dario Western <westernorama@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 6:43:16 AM UTC+10, Fred Friendly wrote:

From the 1970s until the 2000s, I had many opportunities to visit >clothing-optional beaches and resorts without making nude recreation a >priority in my vacation plans. It was just something that was a normal
    part of visiting California, Cape Cod or Florida. However, I was never a
    big fan of beaches, and now tend to look for good places for
    long-distance bicycling.

From what I read and see online, naturism seems to have suffered from
    the general turn towards conservatism in the US. With some exceptions, >younger people do not appear to be adopting social nudity, having grown
    up in a period of increased sexualization of the body by the mainstream >culture.

The questions remain: how does one live (and raise children) in a
    society so hostile to a healthy attitude towards the body?
    Has it become even more difficult?

I think you answered your own question. In the US and many other
    countries, nudity is objectified and sexualized. Children are very
    sensitive to adult behaviour and values, so if adults are preventing
    them from seeing other people nude and discouraging them from going nude >(apart from bathing and sleeping) then of course they are going to have
    a negative attitude towards nudism as they grow up.

On top of that, Nikki Craft's website has brought to light a lot of
    nasty characters who were involved with the nudist movement in the US
    from the late 60's till the mid 00's. This has made a lot of people >sceptical about our lifestyle, but the truth is that sort of thing can
    happen in any faction of society as well like churches, kids sporting
    clubs, scouts and guides etc. Basically, anywhere where there are kids.

URL please.

What can we do about it? Unfortunately, it's next to impossible.
    Morality cannot be legislated. You cannot make lust or hatred for
    certain things illegal, although you can legislate against
    discrimination of a person on account of skin colour, gender, creed or
    sexual orientation.

Dario

--
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
    Yahweh, King & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising! Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Doctor@21:1/5 to westernorama@gmail.com on Wed Dec 21 15:31:39 2022
    In article <efd7d7d6-dc93-4e6d-9e6b-deecc43c6257n@googlegroups.com>,
    Dario Western <westernorama@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 8:09:16 AM UTC+10, Batman The real one wrote:

Nudity is not sexuality
    child predators prey on vulnerable children and fail to understand a
    child never sees you as a loveable..

When an adult takes away the child’s sexuality, the child can heal
    but the adult is shunned for life.

I don't even they are old men, rather bots to be precise. Which is why
    I rarely to never visit this quagrmire anymore. There are FB groups
    which offer much more intelligent and balanced conversations.

Dario

Given the spam invasion of a few years ago!
    --
    Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
    Yahweh, King & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising! Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism https://www.empire.kred/ROOTNK?t=94a1f39b Happy Christmas 2022 and Merry New Year 2023 Beware https://mindspring.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Y A@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 9 21:29:25 2023
    TG9vayB0aGlzDQrihpMNCuKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggA0K4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA 4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA 4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCADQrioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDi oIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDwn4ye 4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCADQrioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDi oIDioIDioIDioIDioIANCuKggCDioIAg4qCAIOKggCDioIAg4qCAIOKggCDioIAg4qCAIPCfm6kN CuKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggA0K4qCA8J+Mp++4j/CfjKfvuI/wn4yn77iP4qCA4qCA8J+Mp++4j/CfjKfvuI/i oIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDwn4yn77iP8J+Mp++4j/CfjKfvuI/ioIDioIDwn4yn77iP8J+Mp++4 j/CfjKfvuI/wn4yn77iP4qCA4qCA8J+Mp++4j/CfjKfvuI/ioIDioIDioIDwn4yn77iP8J+Mp++4 j/CfjKfvuI/ioIDioIANCuKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKg gOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggA0K4qCA4qCA 4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCA4qCADQrioIDioIDioIDi oIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDioIDwn5WK77iPIOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggA0K4qCA4qCA4qCA 4qCA8J+MtOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggOKggPCfjYQg4qCA4qCA4qCA 4qCAIPCfjLzioIDioIDioIDioIAg8J+Muw0K8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cf n6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+f q/Cfn6vwn5+r8J+fq/Cfn6sNCkhvdyBkbyBZb3UgcmF0ZSB0aGlzIG9uIDEuLi4uMTAgc2NhbGUg Pw0KDQoNCg0KDQpEYXJpbyBXZXN0ZXJuIGtpcmp1dGFzIEtvbG1hcMOkZXYsIDIxLiBkZXRzZW1i ZXIgMjAyMiBrbCAwODozNDoxOCBVVEMrMjoNCj4gT24gVHVlc2RheSwgU2VwdGVtYmVyIDYsIDIw MjIgYXQgNjo0MzoxNiBBTSBVVEMrMTAsIEZyZWQgRnJpZW5kbHkgd3JvdGU6IA0KPiA+IEkgYW0g bG9va2luZyBmb3IgYSByZWFsaXR5IGNoZWNrOiANCj4gPiANCj4gPiBGcm9tIHRoZSAxOTcwcyB1 bnRpbCB0aGUgMjAwMHMsIEkgaGFkIG1hbnkgb3Bwb3J0dW5pdGllcyB0byB2aXNpdCBjbG90aGlu Zy1vcHRpb25hbCBiZWFjaGVzIGFuZCByZXNvcnRzIHdpdGhvdXQgbWFraW5nIG51ZGUgcmVjcmVh dGlvbiBhIHByaW9yaXR5IGluIG15IHZhY2F0aW9uIHBsYW5zLiBJdCB3YXMganVzdCBzb21ldGhp bmcgdGhhdCB3YXMgYSBub3JtYWwgcGFydCBvZiB2aXNpdGluZyBDYWxpZm9ybmlhLCBDYXBlIENv ZCBvciBGbG9yaWRhLiBIb3dldmVyLCBJIHdhcyBuZXZlciBhIGJpZyBmYW4gb2YgYmVhY2hlcywg YW5kIG5vdyB0ZW5kIHRvIGxvb2sgZm9yIGdvb2QgcGxhY2VzIGZvciBsb25nLWRpc3RhbmNlIGJp Y3ljbGluZy4gDQo+ID4gDQo+ID4gRnJvbSB3aGF0IEkgcmVhZCBhbmQgc2VlIG9ubGluZSwgbmF0 dXJpc20gc2VlbXMgdG8gaGF2ZSBzdWZmZXJlZCBmcm9tIHRoZSBnZW5lcmFsIHR1cm4gdG93YXJk cyBjb25zZXJ2YXRpc20gaW4gdGhlIFVTLiBXaXRoIHNvbWUgZXhjZXB0aW9ucywgeW91bmdlciBw ZW9wbGUgZG8gbm90IGFwcGVhciB0byBiZSBhZG9wdGluZyBzb2NpYWwgbnVkaXR5LCBoYXZpbmcg Z3Jvd24gdXAgaW4gYSBwZXJpb2Qgb2YgaW5jcmVhc2VkIHNleHVhbGl6YXRpb24gb2YgdGhlIGJv ZHkgYnkgdGhlIG1haW5zdHJlYW0gY3VsdHVyZS4gDQo+ID4gDQo+ID4gVGhlIHF1ZXN0aW9ucyBy ZW1haW46IGhvdyBkb2VzIG9uZSBsaXZlIChhbmQgcmFpc2UgY2hpbGRyZW4pIGluIGEgc29jaWV0 eSBzbyBob3N0aWxlIHRvIGEgaGVhbHRoeSBhdHRpdHVkZSB0b3dhcmRzIHRoZSBib2R5PyANCj4g PiBIYXMgaXQgYmVjb21lIGV2ZW4gbW9yZSBkaWZmaWN1bHQ/DQo+IEkgdGhpbmsgeW91IGFuc3dl cmVkIHlvdXIgb3duIHF1ZXN0aW9uLiBJbiB0aGUgVVMgYW5kIG1hbnkgb3RoZXIgY291bnRyaWVz LCBudWRpdHkgaXMgb2JqZWN0aWZpZWQgYW5kIHNleHVhbGl6ZWQuIENoaWxkcmVuIGFyZSB2ZXJ5 IHNlbnNpdGl2ZSB0byBhZHVsdCBiZWhhdmlvdXIgYW5kIHZhbHVlcywgc28gaWYgYWR1bHRzIGFy ZSBwcmV2ZW50aW5nIHRoZW0gZnJvbSBzZWVpbmcgb3RoZXIgcGVvcGxlIG51ZGUgYW5kIGRpc2Nv dXJhZ2luZyB0aGVtIGZyb20gZ29pbmcgbnVkZSAoYXBhcnQgZnJvbSBiYXRoaW5nIGFuZCBzbGVl cGluZykgdGhlbiBvZiBjb3Vyc2UgdGhleSBhcmUgZ29pbmcgdG8gaGF2ZSBhIG5lZ2F0aXZlIGF0 dGl0dWRlIHRvd2FyZHMgbnVkaXNtIGFzIHRoZXkgZ3JvdyB1cC4gDQo+IA0KPiBPbiB0b3Agb2Yg dGhhdCwgTmlra2kgQ3JhZnQncyB3ZWJzaXRlIGhhcyBicm91Z2h0IHRvIGxpZ2h0IGEgbG90IG9m IG5hc3R5IGNoYXJhY3RlcnMgd2hvIHdlcmUgaW52b2x2ZWQgd2l0aCB0aGUgbnVkaXN0IG1vdmVt ZW50IGluIHRoZSBVUyBmcm9tIHRoZSBsYXRlIDYwJ3MgdGlsbCB0aGUgbWlkIDAwJ3MuIFRoaXMg aGFzIG1hZGUgYSBsb3Qgb2YgcGVvcGxlIHNjZXB0aWNhbCBhYm91dCBvdXIgbGlmZXN0eWxlLCBi dXQgdGhlIHRydXRoIGlzIHRoYXQgc29ydCBvZiB0aGluZyBjYW4gaGFwcGVuIGluIGFueSBmYWN0 aW9uIG9mIHNvY2lldHkgYXMgd2VsbCBsaWtlIGNodXJjaGVzLCBraWRzIHNwb3J0aW5nIGNsdWJz LCBzY291dHMgYW5kIGd1aWRlcyBldGMuIEJhc2ljYWxseSwgYW55d2hlcmUgd2hlcmUgdGhlcmUg YXJlIGtpZHMuIA0KPiANCj4gV2hhdCBjYW4gd2UgZG8gYWJvdXQgaXQ/IFVuZm9ydHVuYXRlbHks IGl0J3MgbmV4dCB0byBpbXBvc3NpYmxlLiBNb3JhbGl0eSBjYW5ub3QgYmUgbGVnaXNsYXRlZC4g WW91IGNhbm5vdCBtYWtlIGx1c3Qgb3IgaGF0cmVkIGZvciBjZXJ0YWluIHRoaW5ncyBpbGxlZ2Fs LCBhbHRob3VnaCB5b3UgY2FuIGxlZ2lzbGF0ZSBhZ2FpbnN0IGRpc2NyaW1pbmF0aW9uIG9mIGEg cGVyc29uIG9uIGFjY291bnQgb2Ygc2tpbiBjb2xvdXIsIGdlbmRlciwgY3JlZWQgb3Igc2V4dWFs IG9yaWVudGF0aW9uLiANCj4gDQo+IA0KPiBEYXJpbw0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05