• Re: Alabama, Do Nudist exist here?

From Tony C@21:1/5 to Bob on Mon Aug 22 23:36:55 2022
    On Thursday, August 17, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
    I'm not sure what the law is regarding public nudity on federal/state land in Alabama. I've never tried it just because of what I call "the bible belt factor".
    I have heard of supposed public nudity in Talladega National Forest (near Talledaga, of course!), but nothing confirmed.
    You are only 2 hours from Rock Haven. Give it a try! Given where we both live,
    it's really not that far away to enjoy hassle-free nudity.

Bob
    David Fedusenko wrote:
    Hi Bob,

You seem to be the only one with intelligent comments that responded to my question thus far. And your comments were most appreciated.

I would be interested in meeting like minded nudists in the area...I'm in North
    AL, around Huntsville area. If you ever hear of anyone please feel free to let
    me know..... also does the state laws prohibit nudity in public parks (State or
    National Forests), as is practiced by Nudists. (In FL it was ok to go nude in
    the everglades (National Park) once you cleared the main population in the back
    country....

Thank you,
    David

Bob wrote:

I likewise am a nudist and live in central Alabama. You are correct that the choices are limited. Fortunately, I have many opportunities during travel with my job to visit lots of CO beaches and clubs around the country. But back home in Alabama, you have one choice: Gymno-Vitae landed
    club in Birmingham and they have a VERY strict policy of couples only. Don't even bother trying to get in as a single (damn shame, too - I live 30
    minutes from GV, but am single). There is also a place in Murfreesboro, TN
    called Rock Haven. They welcome all nudists. It is small, with a few RV/mobile homes, a volleyball court and a small pool. I went there for the
    first time this summer and, although very small, found the people very friendly. Be warned that the pool deck chairs fill up quickly and many are
    "reserved" for members (names written on them). Take your own chaise lounge
    along and you'll be fine. It's a bit steep for a day pass - $23.

If you don't mind driving, there are several clubs/resorts in Georgia, eastern Tennessee, plus one just north of Pensacola.

I've also seen random postings of a north Alabama nudists group that supposedly get together to hike, boat, etc... I don't think it is a well known group. I don't even have any bookmarks/other notes regarding it.

David Fedusenko wrote:

I've lived in Miami for almost 20 years and have enjoyed the nudist lifestyle in Florida ("Haulover Beach - Miami" , "Cypress Cove - Kissimmee", "Sunsport - West Palm Beach", "Paradise Lakes-Land O Lakes" , Cape Canaveral National Seashore..... "Dejuvue - Key west". "Atlantic Sores - Ley West" , "Everglades national Park--back country" and of course my nudsit friends homes.

But now i'm in North Alabama!!! have mercy!!!! not a place for nudists at all. Does anyone go boating in Smith lake Nude, or to the Tennesse River Nude or to the Bank Head Forest Nude.... or...... I woud apreciate any information anyone may have in this area. I enjoy nudism and the benifits it affords.....

The only Nudist resort I know of is in Birmingham, and well, I hate to be land locked to one nudist resort in the state...
    Are there any nude activist here? or couples or singles who practice the
    lifestyle?? I woudl appreciate any info anyone may have concerning this area.....
    you may post to any of the folowing :

icq # 23024087
    da...@fedusenko.com

Thank you,
    Daivd
    i am a naturist / nudist and live in Albertville

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)