• Introducing La Victrola - headed to Burning Man later this summer

From nickfynn@lavictrola2016.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 15 23:35:45 2016
    Hi - I'm part of a group of California artists & builders who are fabricating a 35 foot tall replica Victrola for the Burning Man art festival in the Nevada desert later this summer. It will play exclusively old-time music from 1890-1930, and also deploy
    a cabaret stage for live performances of jazz, blues, bluegrass, country & western, and more.

The entire purpose of the piece is to celebrate these more intimate and subtle performances, and to reclaim some our head space from the constant media din of electronic dance music & techno. You can learn more about it at our Indiegogo page:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/la-victrola-2016/x/13492130#/

We have completed the design and engineering and have just launched a national campaign to fund the build. I'm reaching out to the broader community of vintage music enthusiasts and collectors to ask for your help. If you can afford to make a
    contribution to the build we would be so appreciative. If that's not in the cards for you at this time, please consider sharing this post with your broader friends and family who might be interested.

I promise this is a real thing, not some crazy internet scam. Check out the link.

Most sincerely,

Nick Fynn
    La Victrola

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)