• The Weirdness Will Be Taking a Sabbatical

From Anthony LoGatto@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 14 17:43:49 2022
    To all my fellow members of the weirdness, I have something important to announce. For the past few months, we have been late on putting the shows in on time. Life, work and various other pieces of what we have been calling "adulting" these days have
    been in the way of writing and recording the show. Unfortunately, with how late our Presidents show is, we have no other choice but to take a sabbatical for newer shows until further notice. However, we will take the time to work on the shows for
    Presidents, Money and St. Patrick's Day/Green; just canceling the shows on the 19th and 26th; but our return date is TBD (To Be Determined). However, since our Random Choice show is supposed to be this Saturday, we will return with that when we can. (
    Which is good, since you'll never know how many new FuMP tracks we may have miss in that time frame.)

Originally, I was going to make this announcement because of how long the Mad Music Archive has been down. However, it came back up today. Despite that, the sabbatical will go on. To be honest, our mojo's kinda been screwed up when the site had issues
    posting shows and posting on the forums when it got hacked last September. Which is still a shame, since it was our first new affiliate since we became a podcast in 2011.

Sadly, I still doubt any of you, the listener, will care. I'll admit, I have a very low spot in the Demenita community, my Patreon hasn't been successful and only has new members in a slow pace, and even mainstream artists that have a novelty single have
    never responded to me, let alone mentioned that I played their stuff. (The only exceptions were YouTubers Peter Coffin and Alex Day when I told them they were on the Wacked-Out 40. Sadly, Alex has gotten into controversy for sexual assault not long after
    "Stupid, Stupid" was a hit on our show.) I've gotten the respect of my fellow Dementia community members, but I've barely done anything to support them. It's my fault for not getting involved, and I still feel horrible.

Either way, I apologize for my lateness, and I hope to make it up to you all when I return. Recordings for the tardy shows will still be recorded and those Wacked-Out Five countdowns will still count, just so you guys won't complain about Christmas songs
    being on the Wacked-Out 40 once the holidays are done.

But don't worry, this ain't a goodbye. Consider this more of an example of me saying, "I'll be right back." Stay weird, my friends.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)