• Where is the original "Birth of a Candy Bar"?

From Dave@21:1/5 to JoeDatesta on Mon Jul 5 14:50:42 2021
    On Sunday, 21 October 2012 at 01:03:14 UTC-4, JoeDatesta wrote:
    I've read and heard a lot of imitations to "Birth of a Candy Bar". But they don't come close and they certainly don't do the original justice. If you do a search on youtube, you'll see a lot of butchered attempts.

Well, I remember the original and wish I could find it again. I think it was by Richard Troy, but I'm not even sure anymore. I haven't been able to find his original recording, if it was him. I remember hearing it on an album my friend had, but, since
    it wasn't mine, I have no clue what the album was called. Anyone know?

When it comes lyrics or parodies I've heard and loved, I have a photographic memory. It came out in the mid 80s. This is how the original went (Candy Bars involved are caps).

It was another PAYDAY and I was tired of being a MR. GOODBAR. So when I saw Ms. HERSHEY standing behind the POWERHOUSE on the corner of CLARK and FIFTH AVENUE. I whipped out my WHOPPER and whispered, "Hey, SWEETTART. How would you like to CRUNCH on my
    BIG HUNK for a MILLION DOLLAR BAR?"

Well she immediately went down on my TOOTSIE ROLL and, you know, it was like pure ALMOND JOY. I couldn't help but grab her delicious MOUNDS 'cause it was easy to see that this little TWIX had the RED HOTS. It was all I could do to hold back a SNICKER
    and a CRACKLE as my BUTTERFINGER went up her tight little KIT KAT and she started to scream, "OH HENRY! OH HENRY!"

Soon, she was fondling my PETER PAUL and ZAG NUTS and I knew it wouldn't be long before I blew my MILK DUDS clear to MARS and give her a taste of the old MILKY WAY. She asked if I was into M&Ms. I said, "Hey! CHICKLET, no kinky stuff."

I said, "Look you little REESE PIECE, don't be a ZERO; be a LIFESAVER. Why don't you take my WATCHAMACALLIT and slip it up your BIT-O-HONEY?" Oo what a piece of JUICYFRUIT she was too. She screamed, "Oh, CRACKERJACK! You're better than the THREE
    MUSKATEERS!" As I rammed my DING DONG up her ROCKY ROAD into her PEANUT BUTTER CUP.

Well, I was giving it to her GOOD & PLENTY when all of a sudden, my STARBURST. Yeah, as luck would have it, she started to grow a bit CHUNKY and complained of a WRIGLEYS in her stomach. Sure enough, nine months later, out popped a BABY RUTH.

Thanks,
    JD

HERES THE ORIGINAL

one payday, mr goodbar wanted a bit-o-honey, so he took miss hershey behind the powerhouse on the corner of clark and 5th ave. there he began to feel her mounds which was pure almond joy he let out a snicker and stuck his butterfinger up her kitt katt
    which caused a milky way, she screamed oh henry as she squeezed his peter paul and zagnut, she said you are much better than the 3 musketeers, so she got a bit chunky, and 9 months later had a baby ruth.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Band Beyond Youall@21:1/5 to Dave on Tue Jul 6 09:21:46 2021
    Dave <dave57mustang@gmail.com> wrote:
    I've read and heard a lot of imitations to "Birth of a Candy Bar". But
    they don't come close and they certainly don't do the original justice.
    If you do a search on youtube, you'll see a lot of butchered attempts.

Well, I remember the original and wish I could find it again. I think it
    was by Richard Troy, but I'm not even sure anymore. I haven't been able
    to find his original recording, if it was him. I remember hearing it on
    an album my friend had, but, since it wasn't mine, I have no clue what
    the album was called. Anyone know?

When it comes lyrics or parodies I've heard and loved, I have a
    photographic memory. It came out in the mid 80s. This is how the
    original went (Candy Bars involved are caps).

It was another PAYDAY and I was tired of being a MR. GOODBAR. So when I
    saw Ms. HERSHEY standing behind the POWERHOUSE on the corner of CLARK
    and FIFTH AVENUE. I whipped out my WHOPPER and whispered, "Hey,
    SWEETTART. How would you like to CRUNCH on my BIG HUNK for a MILLION DOLLAR BAR?"

Well she immediately went down on my TOOTSIE ROLL and, you know, it was
    like pure ALMOND JOY. I couldn't help but grab her delicious MOUNDS
    'cause it was easy to see that this little TWIX had the RED HOTS. It was
    all I could do to hold back a SNICKER and a CRACKLE as my BUTTERFINGER
    went up her tight little KIT KAT and she started to scream, "OH HENRY! OH HENRY!"

Soon, she was fondling my PETER PAUL and ZAG NUTS and I knew it wouldn't
    be long before I blew my MILK DUDS clear to MARS and give her a taste of
    the old MILKY WAY. She asked if I was into M&Ms. I said, "Hey! CHICKLET, no kinky stuff."

I said, "Look you little REESE PIECE, don't be a ZERO; be a LIFESAVER.
    Why don't you take my WATCHAMACALLIT and slip it up your BIT-O-HONEY?"
    Oo what a piece of JUICYFRUIT she was too. She screamed, "Oh,
    CRACKERJACK! You're better than the THREE MUSKATEERS!" As I rammed my
    DING DONG up her ROCKY ROAD into her PEANUT BUTTER CUP.

Well, I was giving it to her GOOD & PLENTY when all of a sudden, my
    STARBURST. Yeah, as luck would have it, she started to grow a bit CHUNKY
    and complained of a WRIGLEYS in her stomach. Sure enough, nine months
    later, out popped a BABY RUTH.

Thanks,
    JD

HERES THE ORIGINAL

one payday, mr goodbar wanted a bit-o-honey, so he took miss hershey
    behind the powerhouse on the corner of clark and 5th ave. there he began
    to feel her mounds which was pure almond joy he let out a snicker and
    stuck his butterfinger up her kitt katt which caused a milky way, she screamed oh henry as she squeezed his peter paul and zagnut, she said you
    are much better than the 3 musketeers, so she got a bit chunky, and 9
    months later had a baby ruth.

Thank you for that public service.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Niki Khiaroscuro@21:1/5 to Band Beyond Youall on Mon Jul 24 22:50:56 2023
    On Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-7, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
    Dave <dave57...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I've read and heard a lot of imitations to "Birth of a Candy Bar". But
    they don't come close and they certainly don't do the original justice. >> If you do a search on youtube, you'll see a lot of butchered attempts.

Well, I remember the original and wish I could find it again. I think it >> was by Richard Troy, but I'm not even sure anymore. I haven't been able >> to find his original recording, if it was him. I remember hearing it on >> an album my friend had, but, since it wasn't mine, I have no clue what
    the album was called. Anyone know?

It was another PAYDAY and I was tired of being a MR. GOODBAR. So when I >> saw Ms. HERSHEY standing behind the POWERHOUSE on the corner of CLARK
    SWEETTART. How would you like to CRUNCH on my BIG HUNK for a MILLION DOLLAR BAR?"

Well she immediately went down on my TOOTSIE ROLL and, you know, it was >> like pure ALMOND JOY. I couldn't help but grab her delicious MOUNDS
    'cause it was easy to see that this little TWIX had the RED HOTS. It was >> all I could do to hold back a SNICKER and a CRACKLE as my BUTTERFINGER
    went up her tight little KIT KAT and she started to scream, "OH HENRY! OH HENRY!"

Soon, she was fondling my PETER PAUL and ZAG NUTS and I knew it wouldn't >> be long before I blew my MILK DUDS clear to MARS and give her a taste of >> the old MILKY WAY. She asked if I was into M&Ms. I said, "Hey! CHICKLET, no kinky stuff."

I said, "Look you little REESE PIECE, don't be a ZERO; be a LIFESAVER.
    Why don't you take my WATCHAMACALLIT and slip it up your BIT-O-HONEY?"
    Oo what a piece of JUICYFRUIT she was too. She screamed, "Oh,

STARBURST. Yeah, as luck would have it, she started to grow a bit CHUNKY >> and complained of a WRIGLEYS in her stomach. Sure enough, nine months

Thanks,
    JD

HERES THE ORIGINAL

one payday, mr goodbar wanted a bit-o-honey, so he took miss hershey behind the powerhouse on the corner of clark and 5th ave. there he began to feel her mounds which was pure almond joy he let out a snicker and stuck his butterfinger up her kitt katt which caused a milky way, she screamed oh henry as she squeezed his peter paul and zagnut, she said you are much better than the 3 musketeers, so she got a bit chunky, and 9 months later had a baby ruth.

Again, this is not the original. I was a teenager in the 70s & a grown woman by the 80s. I jumped roped in the 60s to a completely different candy bar rap. It included Good and Plenty, Mr Good bar, Oh Henry, Paydays, Milkyway, 5th Ave, Clark, M & Ms,
    Baby Ruth, Sugar Daddy, & others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Band Beyond Youall@21:1/5 to Niki Khiaroscuro on Wed Jul 26 00:59:11 2023
    Niki Khiaroscuro <7khiaroscuro@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 2:21:48 AM UTC-7, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
    Dave <dave57...@gmail.com> wrote:
    I've read and heard a lot of imitations to "Birth of a Candy Bar". But >>>> they don't come close and they certainly don't do the original justice. >>>> If you do a search on youtube, you'll see a lot of butchered attempts. >>>>
    Well, I remember the original and wish I could find it again. I think it >>>> was by Richard Troy, but I'm not even sure anymore. I haven't been able >>>> to find his original recording, if it was him. I remember hearing it on >>>> an album my friend had, but, since it wasn't mine, I have no clue what >>>> the album was called. Anyone know?

It was another PAYDAY and I was tired of being a MR. GOODBAR. So when I >>>> saw Ms. HERSHEY standing behind the POWERHOUSE on the corner of CLARK

Well she immediately went down on my TOOTSIE ROLL and, you know, it was >>>> like pure ALMOND JOY. I couldn't help but grab her delicious MOUNDS
    'cause it was easy to see that this little TWIX had the RED HOTS. It was >>>> all I could do to hold back a SNICKER and a CRACKLE as my BUTTERFINGER >>>> went up her tight little KIT KAT and she started to scream, "OH HENRY! OH HENRY!"

Soon, she was fondling my PETER PAUL and ZAG NUTS and I knew it wouldn't >>>> be long before I blew my MILK DUDS clear to MARS and give her a taste of >>>> the old MILKY WAY. She asked if I was into M&Ms. I said, "Hey!
    CHICKLET, no kinky stuff."

I said, "Look you little REESE PIECE, don't be a ZERO; be a LIFESAVER. >>>> Why don't you take my WATCHAMACALLIT and slip it up your BIT-O-HONEY?" >>>> Oo what a piece of JUICYFRUIT she was too. She screamed, "Oh,

STARBURST. Yeah, as luck would have it, she started to grow a bit CHUNKY >>>> and complained of a WRIGLEYS in her stomach. Sure enough, nine months

Thanks,
    JD

HERES THE ORIGINAL

one payday, mr goodbar wanted a bit-o-honey, so he took miss hershey
    behind the powerhouse on the corner of clark and 5th ave. there he began >>> to feel her mounds which was pure almond joy he let out a snicker and
    stuck his butterfinger up her kitt katt which caused a milky way, she
    screamed oh henry as she squeezed his peter paul and zagnut, she said you >>> are much better than the 3 musketeers, so she got a bit chunky, and 9
    months later had a baby ruth.

Again, this is not the original. I was a teenager in the 70s & a grown
    woman by the 80s. I jumped roped in the 60s to a completely different
    candy bar rap. It included Good and Plenty, Mr Good bar, Oh Henry,
    Paydays, Milkyway, 5th Ave, Clark, M & Ms, Baby Ruth, Sugar Daddy, & others.

Let’s hear it then! :-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05