• Help identify guitar/handsaw Instrumental from the 70s please?

From Jeff McClard@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 13 10:28:29 2021
    New to the group and user boards in general, so please be patient with the n00b.

I've searched the web for an answer to this, searched this group discussion as well.

In the 1970s [possibly early 80s] there was an instrumental on Dr Demento's radio show of a fingerpicking guitar solo that was pretty obviously accompanied by the guitar being sawed up as percussion counterpoint. As the song went on, the guitar's
    condition deteriorated to the point where it went from quality bluegrass-style guitar work to "plunka-chonka-chonk"-type noises.

I was probably pre-teenage the last time I heard, it, but it left an indelible mark. It only just now occurred to me that the whole thing could have been a carefully-crafted audio illusion, but it sure sounded like the player was sawing up their guitar
    as a kind of duet/counterpoint to the melody. The result being an unplayable pile of kindling and slack wires.

Sad that I haven't been keeping up since the local radio source dried up, but this one has definitely stuck with me [along with many others] so thanks in advance.

- j-lard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jeff Morris@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 17 06:30:58 2021
    What station were you listening to? Was it played frequently or just once? I'm not remembering it off the top of my head, but with a bit more info I should be able to track it down.

There was a bit where a musical saw was played, but that's not what you're after.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)