• The Waunakee Song

From Thaddeus Blanchette@21:1/5 to artpaulwr...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 4 13:21:50 2020
    Your cat still taking that bath, Art Paul?

On Friday, May 2, 2014 at 1:57:21 AM UTC-3, artpaulwr...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, December 25, 2004 8:01:04 PM UTC-6, Jeff Morris wrote:
    <ejfa...@aol.com> wrote:
    I remember this song. I also remember it had the word "flatlander" in >the title or artist. I searched through Jeff's vast Dr Demento archives >and found <Flatlander's Blues - Dan Reilly & The Barnswallows> played >once back in 1989.

That song is a Wisconsin anti-Illinois song, not the song in question, unfortunately.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to give the sought after details.
    No I think whoever was looking for it might have heard the Go Back To Chicago(The Waunakee song) in Madison at the University because the guy that wrote it used to play it a lot at the University because he was an alumni here and also part of the
    University comedians here back in the 80's and a lot of the lyrics are similar but unless whoever was looking for it listens to it themselves will never know for sure.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Thaddeus Blanchette@21:1/5 to Thaddeus Blanchette on Wed Nov 4 13:24:07 2020
    Sorry. A.L. Kammen and the Bachelor pad. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9LLf2z_tpQ

On Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 6:22:22 PM UTC-3, Thaddeus Blanchette wrote:

<ejfa...@aol.com> wrote:
    I remember this song. I also remember it had the word "flatlander" in >the title or artist. I searched through Jeff's vast Dr Demento archives >and found <Flatlander's Blues - Dan Reilly & The Barnswallows> played >once back in 1989.

That song is a Wisconsin anti-Illinois song, not the song in question, unfortunately.

No I think whoever was looking for it might have heard the Go Back To Chicago(The Waunakee song) in Madison at the University because the guy that wrote it used to play it a lot at the University because he was an alumni here and also part of the
    University comedians here back in the 80's and a lot of the lyrics are similar but unless whoever was looking for it listens to it themselves will never know for sure.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thaddeus Blanchette@21:1/5 to artpaulwr...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 4 13:22:21 2020

<ejfa...@aol.com> wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05