• Vintage Vibe Electric Piano Featured On New "Chick Corea + Steve Gadd B

From MusicDish@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 20 19:27:46 2018
    Chick Corea and Steve Gadd released Chinese Butterfly today, a 2-disc album on the Concord Jazz label. With masterful playing by two of the most celebrated talents in jazz performing as the "Chick Corea + Steve Gadd Band," Chinese Butterfly includes two
    tracks that feature Chick playing the Vintage Vibe Piano-the record's first single, "Like I Was Sayin'," and the 16-minute epic that closes the album, "Gadd-zooks."

Vintage Vibe created the Vintage Vibe Piano(tm) and Vibanet(tm) as modern takes on two classic instruments, the Rhodes and Clavinet. "We were honored to show Chick our version of the Rhodes," Vintage Vibe founder Chris Carroll says. "He immediately
    embraced its sound and feel. We built him a Vintage Vibe Piano of his own and adjusted it to his exacting specifications. We're thrilled to hear Chick put it through its paces on Chinese Butterfly."

For his Vintage Vibe Piano, Chick chose extra features that include Vintage Vibe's stereo tremolo preamp and MIDI out with the QRS system (http://www.vintagevibe.com/products/vintage-vibe-tine-piano).

Chick Corea comments on his Vintage Vibe Piano, "The Vintage Vibe Piano delivers that warm and clear sound I love to use for my electric music. It's a pleasure to have that beautiful feel available for me to compose and play with."

Corea and Gadd push into new musical territory with an inspired band of collaborators on Chinese Butterfly: Benin-born guitarist and vocalist Lionel Loueke, saxophonist and flutist Steve Wilson, Cuban bassist Carlitos Del Puerto, and Venezuelan
    percussionist Luisito Quintero. The album is the realization of a long-held desire by both Chick and Steve to work together more intensively. "Whenever Chick and I bump into each other, we always talking about playing music together," Gadd says. "After
    many years of talking about it, we finally set some time aside."

"I've always enjoyed composing music for a band, and hearing what Steve would do with my compositions. When we started playing those two tunes together, it felt so good that we decided to put a band together," says Corea referring to "Like I Was Sayin'"
    and "Gadd-zooks"-the two songs featuring his Vintage Vibe Piano.

With its team of master technicians, fabricators and assemblers, Vintage Vibe is the world leader in repair and restoration of electro-mechanical keyboards and the only manufacturer of a complete line of replacement parts for Rhodes and Wurlitzer pianos
    as well as Hohner Clavinets. This unique combination of expertise, talent, and resources led the company to begin manufacturing its own electro-mechanical piano designs in 2009, the Vintage Vibe Piano(tm) and the Vibanet(tm) - modern takes on Rhodes and
    Clavinet keyboards with improved performance, reduced weight, and sleek new looks. Since then, an ever-expanding group of the worlds' top artists have been drawn to use Vintage Vibe instruments for recording and performance.

For more on the "Chick Corea + Steve Gadd Band," Chinese Butterfly album visit: http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/chinese-butterfly-chick-corea-steve-gadd-band/

For more information on Vintage Vibe keyboards and repair and restoration services, please visit www.vintagevibe.com

Source: http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=201715

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)