• The Sensation Willie Griffin, and my video of his song I Noticed

From Tom Hendricks@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 21 17:00:53 2017
    Recently I made and posted a new video on youtube that spotlights a song by Willie Griffin. It was released on my 12 By 12 record label (mid 80s). More about his song later. But first some background.

Willie Griffin is a sensation now for record collectors. There are two reasons why.
    He wrote great songs, and when he recorded them, his guitar was waaaaay out of tune!.

That and the fact that he released so few records, make each one highly desirable. A 45 recorded by him, "I Love You", went for $887.77 a year ago, with 17 bidders driving up the price.

With all this interest, I thought I'd share the song he put on one of my co-op record company albums. For each album, we had 12 musicians/groups who recorded 12 songs. Then we assembled all the recordings on one LP.

Each group paid 1/12 of the cost and got 1/12 of the records made - 500 copy limited release. That's why the name 12 By 12.

The youtube video I made is for Griffin's song and recording '"I NOTICED". It, like his others on youtube, is a great song with that terrible out of tune guitar.

https://youtu.be/zEzkI-fIn70

Hear the song, see the cover, and decide for yourself, before all the rare copies are scooped up by collectors..

Then go hear his other songs on youtube:
    "I Love You."
    "Where There's Smoke There's Fire."

Tom Hendricks
    (for everything else see my website tomhendricks.us )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)