• Annavarapu Ramaswamy...

From vspr1941@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 11 02:08:57 2020
    To discuss about a great artist in his 94th year, while he is still playing in a few concerts every year is very very unfair. Those who have heard him for one concert each as an accompanist and a solo artist to sit in judgement about this great
    teacher is highly ridiculous. Many who are commenting on this artist are born after he has retired. He is a co-student with Dr. Bala Murali Krishna, studying under the great Maestro Parupalli Ramakrishnayya Pantulu during 1933-38. Next to the great
    Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu and his brother Narsingh Rao, it was only Annavarapu who was considered good. He was an AIR artist and worked for nearly 35 years. He had trained many students in his illustrious career spanning nearly 7 decades. To talk about
    bowing technique of such a senior artiste, basing on what he plays today is very wrong. I hope friends in the music circles will not mistake my comments for I am an ardent music lover for nearly 55 years and lived at Vijayawada for about 15 years 45
    years back and in Chennai now for over 40 years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)