• Tweaking GK 250ML (Internal pots)

From henriklumholdt@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 3 12:14:55 2016
    Hi. I just picked up a GK250ml, and found your post while searching for exactly the same in order to trim the gain of my amp.
    I haven't been doing anyting yet, and is curious about whether your are sure of the use of the trimpots??
    BR
    Henrik Lumholdt
    Denmark

Den torsdag den 31. oktober 1991 kl. 18.05.00 UTC+1 skrev SLACK-HAPPY DUDE.:
    A little while ago, somebody discovered that if you remove the top cover of the
    Gallien Krueger 250ML guitar amp, 6 tiny white pots are revealed that can be used to adjust various parameters of the amp. I have a series I, and when I removed the cover of my amp I found 7 arranged as such:

TOP VIEW
    Without Cover

+----------------------B-A-C-K---O-F---A-M-P--------------------+
    | Q1 Q2 |
    | |
    | | Q=pot
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 |
    +-==-|_|--| |-|_|-|_|---| |-|_|--| |-| |-| |-| |--|_|-|_|-+
    |__| |__| |__| |__| |__| |__|

I figured out the function of some of pots inside. 3 is the level of gain boost for channel A. 4 is the attack rate of the compressor. 1 is the level of
    compression. 7 is definitely the gain boost level for channel B. I think 5 is
    the gain of B without the gain button pushed in and 6 is the master gain for for B (gain button in or out). I think 2 is the level of chorus. Could anyone
    verify any of this for me or correct it?

_______________________________________________________________________________
    | | |
    | David Thomas Dudek | "The opinions expressed |
    | aka: the "DUDE" | are those of my alter id, |
    | University at Buffalo | and do not reflect gamma rays |
    | V098PWXS@UBVMS | in any way, shape or form." |
    |_______________________________________|_____________________________________|

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)