• Re: TOMMY CROOK!!! WOW!!!

From gtr@21:1/5 to kbrown4ou@yahoo.com on Fri Dec 22 02:21:51 2023
    On Dec 19, 2023 at 4:11:16 PM PST, "kbrown4ou" <kbrown4ou@yahoo.com> wrote:

I actually own Tommy’s old Hammond AutoVari 64 from machine. When he retired
    he sold it to me for next to nothing as I’d been a student of his for several
    years and I used to service it for him some. I was an electronic tech and had full schematics of the AutoVari. I’m hoping to return to playing around Tulsa.
    I’d also made plans with him to by his main guitar (1956 Gibson Switchmaster
    with bass strings on low E and A) but the day he called and said he was ready to sell it I’d just spent the money I’d put aside for his guitar on a car, so
    had to pass. I do play with identical bass strings on my 1967 Gibson ES175 and
    play same style as Tommy. But I doubt anyone will ever duplicate exactly Tommy’s playing ability. This will probably never get seen by anyone as I’m
    writing in December 2023, 21 years of the original start of this Group.
    I’m glad I just came across this because it reminds me I need to give Tommy a
    call and wish him Merry Christmas.

On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 10:47:02 AM UTC-5, Mr.Will wrote:
    I've just bought a video entitled "world of fingerstyle jazz guitar", first >> featuring Martin Taylor but then TOMMY CROOK! All I can say is WOW - he's
    incredible! Tell me, does he have actual bass guitar strings for the A and E >> (lows)? Its a good idea - he sounds wonderful.
    Does anyone know of any recordings or websites or just ANYTHING about this guy?

Mr.Will
    Guitar and Vocal duo
    www.sarahandwill.co.uk

The offset of time may be an all-time record. What gauge ebass bass strings do you use for the A and E?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)