• Fender Twin Reverb Amp Troubleshooting

From Chris Simpson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 15 11:19:29 2023
    My 1970's silverface Fender Twin Reverb amp powers up but I barely get any sound out of it. If I turn the volume all the way up I barely get any sound out of the normal channel and I get no sound out of the vibrato channel. I was playing on it, I heard
    some static and a crackle and then nothing. I checked my cables and they are fine. I had an extra set of tubes so I swapped them out and nothing changed. I swapped the #1 and #4 pre amp tubes with each other and the #3 and #6 with each other and nothing
    changed. I don't believe there is any issue with the tubes, but I don't know where to look next? Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Russ L@21:1/5 to Chris Simpson on Mon Nov 13 23:01:55 2023
    On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 11:19:30 AM UTC-7, Chris Simpson wrote:
    My 1970's silverface Fender Twin Reverb amp powers up but I barely get any sound out of it. If I turn the volume all the way up I barely get any sound out of the normal channel and >I get no sound out of the vibrato channel. I was playing on it, I
    heard some static and a crackle and then nothing. I checked my cables and they are fine. I had an extra set of tubes so >I swapped them out and nothing changed. I swapped the #1 and #4 pre amp tubes with each other and the #3 and #6 with each other and
    nothing changed. I don't believe there is >any issue with the tubes, but I don't know where to look next? Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

Hope you got it taken care of.

If not, I would refrain from turning the volume up all the way until you have it looked at.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)