• Re: Linc Chamberland I m writing a book about Lionel Link, Linc Chamber

From Brian Doyle@21:1/5 to EDzubak on Wed Jul 20 09:19:30 2022
    On Friday, November 28, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, EDzubak wrote:
    Re: Linc,
    Linc used to teach the guitarist and bassist in out high school jazz ensemble back in '73-'75.
    Our two guys brought Linc in to "coach" the rhythm section. I liked him, he was
    a great teacher who had a gentle way of telling you you were doing poorly, or doing well.
    Linc lived in Norwalk, Conn. and had a son, Scott, who was a pretty good Alto player.
    A lot of good players went to Norwalk High School: Adam Nussbaum, Rob Aries, Billy Bickford, Horace Silver, Vince Mendoza. Also, John Scofield was from nearby New Canaan; a real musical area of the country, Fairfield County was. Ed Dzubak
    I wrote another book about teenagers during the mid 50's to the late 60's titled SUMMER DAYS HOT NIGHTS , Lionel our dear friend and the Orchids are in the book many times. It was lost to me that he and the band had almost reached stardom. Bad luck a car
    accident prevented them from being on the Ed Sullivan show, a tainted agent sold thousands from the group and Linc became introverted when it came to touring, Recording sessions teaching became his career lest I forget fishing? He really was something
    and that is why I m writing his story. I know next to nothing about music so please allow me to use your voices to keep Linc in the conversation and I will be entering him to the Ct music hall of fame, thank you in advance hopefully I will have the book
    ready before Christmas

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gtr@21:1/5 to Brian Doyle on Thu Jul 21 05:54:28 2022
    On Jul 20, 2022 at 9:19:30 AM PDT, "Brian Doyle" <bsdoyle2@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, November 28, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, EDzubak wrote:
    Re: Linc,
    Linc used to teach the guitarist and bassist in out high school jazz ensemble
    back in '73-'75.
    Our two guys brought Linc in to "coach" the rhythm section. I liked him, he was
    a great teacher who had a gentle way of telling you you were doing poorly, or
    doing well.
    Linc lived in Norwalk, Conn. and had a son, Scott, who was a pretty good Alto
    player.
    A lot of good players went to Norwalk High School: Adam Nussbaum, Rob Aries, >> Billy Bickford, Horace Silver, Vince Mendoza. Also, John Scofield was from >> nearby New Canaan; a real musical area of the country, Fairfield County was. >> Ed Dzubak
    I wrote another book about teenagers during the mid 50's to the late 60's titled SUMMER DAYS HOT NIGHTS , Lionel our dear friend and the Orchids are in the book many times. It was lost to me that he and the band had almost reached
    stardom. Bad luck a car accident prevented them from being on the Ed Sullivan show, a tainted agent sold thousands from the group and Linc became introverted when it came to touring, Recording sessions teaching became his career lest I forget fishing? He really was something and that is why I m writing his story. I know next to nothing about music so please allow me to use your voices to keep Linc in the conversation and I will be entering him to
    the Ct music hall of fame, thank you in advance hopefully I will have the book
    ready before Christmas

Please note you are replying to a post that is 25 years old; from November 28, 1997.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)