• The Wall and Toni Tennille?

From philipj_77@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Daniel King on Fri Sep 15 09:36:28 2017
    On Wednesday, March 28, 1990 at 9:49:45 AM UTC-5, Daniel King wrote:
    While reading the credits to Pink Floyd's movie "The Wall,"
    I was somewhat surprised to see Toni Tennille credited as a background vocalist. I'm sure you remember Tennille as the vocal half of the
    mid 70's to early 80's sap pop duo Captain and Tennille. Despite the music they performed, it is clear that Toni Tennille is quite a vocalist with
    a surprising vocal range and control. But that leaves the question as to
    her contribution to The Wall. Anybody have a clue??

Dan King
    Math Grad Student
    University of Virginia
    Charlottesville, VA 22901
    dlk5n.bayes.math.virginia.edu

I am not going to say that I know which song Toni sane on, but I would like to think it was the spoken vocal part on "One of My Turns"

Philip S
    Former college student
    Houston, TX

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From edward.andersen.3@gmail.com@21:1/5 to phili...@yahoo.com on Fri Mar 2 11:43:09 2018
    On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:36:29 AM UTC-5, phili...@yahoo.com wrote:
    I was somewhat surprised to see Toni Tennille credited as a background vocalist. I'm sure you remember Tennille as the vocal half of the
    mid 70's to early 80's sap pop duo Captain and Tennille. Despite the music they performed, it is clear that Toni Tennille is quite a vocalist with
    a surprising vocal range and control. But that leaves the question as to her contribution to The Wall. Anybody have a clue??

Dan King
    Math Grad Student
    University of Virginia

I am not going to say that I know which song Toni sane on, but I would like to think it was the spoken vocal part on "One of My Turns"

Philip S
    Former college student
    Houston, TX

Wow! You responded to a post from 27 years ago!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From carnojoe5969@gmail.com@21:1/5 to edward.a...@gmail.com on Sat Mar 3 12:20:06 2018
    On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:43:10 AM UTC-8, edward.a...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:36:29 AM UTC-5, phili...@yahoo.com wrote:
    mid 70's to early 80's sap pop duo Captain and Tennille. Despite the music
    they performed, it is clear that Toni Tennille is quite a vocalist with
    a surprising vocal range and control. But that leaves the question as to her contribution to The Wall. Anybody have a clue??

Dan King
    Math Grad Student
    University of Virginia

Philip S
    Former college student
    Houston, TX

Wow! You responded to a post from 27 years ago!

Toni Tenille was the voice on the phone at the end of YOUNG LUST.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From skullislandsurfer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to phili...@yahoo.com on Mon Nov 12 22:31:27 2018
    On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 9:36:29 AM UTC-7, phili...@yahoo.com wrote:

Dan King
    Math Grad Student
    University of Virginia

Philip S
    Former college student
    Houston, TX

no that was TRUDY YOUNG an actress who did the groupie voice. people saw Toni on the liner notes and for irony's sake, we all wanted Toni to be the slutty girl but... it's Trudy Young. she sang with Kermit the Frog once

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From skullislandsurfer@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Daniel King on Mon Nov 12 22:29:36 2018
    On Wednesday, March 28, 1990 at 6:49:45 AM UTC-8, Daniel King wrote:
    a surprising vocal range and control. But that leaves the question as to
    her contribution to The Wall. Anybody have a clue??

Dan King
    Math Grad Student
    University of Virginia

It has become an urban legend that Toni did the bimbo's voice on The Wall. She sang background on the album. The actress who did the "WANNA TAKE A BATH?" etc was TRUDY YOUNG.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From CTPepenelli@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 2 16:24:11 2019
    TT was definitely NOT the groupie!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05