• Barry White - Love's Theme - Was it ever used as a TV or movie theme ??

From nwillens@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 2 12:50:21 2017
    Thank you!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From moviegal279@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 15 19:02:22 2017
    Not Love Boat. That was a song written for the show

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michaelmcadoo74@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 12 15:33:46 2019
    The recording, with a large string orchestra, wah-wah guitar, and big rhythm, is considered to be an influence on the disco sound, which would explode in popularity the following year. The song was also popular on the Adult Contemporary chart in the U.S.,
    where it spent two weeks at #1. It was also used by ABC Sports for many years as the opening theme music for its golf coverage. New York television station WPIX used it as the closing music for its then-Action News franchise during the mid-1970s.[3][4]
    In Canada, the single saw similar success, reaching #1 on the RPM 100 National Singles Chart on March 2, 1974.[5]

In addition, "Love's Theme" was also recorded in a vocal version by Love Unlimited (on their 1974 album In Heat). Andy Williams released a vocal version in May of 1974 that reached #16 on the adult contemporary chart in the United States. Enoch Light
    recorded an electro-disco instrumental version on his 1977 album, Disco Disque. The song is also part of Meco's instrumental medley "Hooked On Instrumentals Part I" (from the 1985 album Hooked On Instrumentals). In May 1993, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the
    Dark released the single "Dream of Me (Based on Love's Theme)" (from their album Liberator, released the same year) which used a sample of this Barry White composition. This single reached #24 on the UK Singles Chart, and Barry White was given a writing
    credit.

This song was covered by American smooth jazz trumpeter Rick Braun and contemporary jazz artist Paul Hardcastle on his album, The Collection from 2009.[citation needed]

The Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific Airways used the music for their TV advertisements. It was also featured briefly in Mean Girls, Despicable Me 2, El Cantante, Goodbye Bruce Lee: His Last Game of Death and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.

The Australian Seven Network’s Saturday morning music video show: Sounds Unlimited used the song as its opening and closing theme.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From downtownnash@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 6 09:19:29 2020
    Also, it was used as intro on a Japanese news program, aired on Spanish stations in the U.S on Saturday nights Before Love Boat and Fantasy Island aired.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From salesptim@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 17 09:30:19 2020
    Hello how about singapore airlines i remember it was used as their commercial aswell ..if anybody remember pls let me know how i can get this commercial

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From doctorg888@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 15 10:41:44 2020
    Are you sure it was Singapore Airlines and not Cathay Pacific? I used to fly to Hong Kong every year and the CP always piped this theme song into the cabin as we landed at the now debunk KaiTak airport.
    https://youtu.be/f3zJbBOHPC0

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05