• Deadline Looms For The 24th Annual USA Songwriting Competition

From sounni ali@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 15 16:35:37 2019
    Enrollment deadline for the 24th Annual USA Songwriting Competition is fast approaching. Songwriters and Composers vie for a chance to win a top prize of $50,000 worth of cash and merchandise such as music gear. Winning songs will be receiving radio
    airplay. Songwriters can enter in 15 different song categories such as: Pop, Rock/Alt, Folk, R&B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Instrumental, etc.

USA Songwriting Competition is sponsored by: D'Addario Strings, Godin Guitars, Acoustic Guitar Magazine, New Music Weekly, Loggins Promotion, Airplay Access, Audio-Technica, FL Software, Sonoma Wireworks, DiscMakers, CDBaby, StoryBlocks, School of Rock,
    Final Mix Software Berklee College of Music and more.

CURRENT WINNERS
    Singer Songwriter David Wilcox won the top award (Overall Grand Prize) as well as Best Folk Song award at the 23rd Annual USA Songwriting Competition. David is now 20 Albums into a career marked by personal revelation and wildly loyal fans. Considered a å
    £®ongwriter's songwriter', his lyrical insight is matched by a smooth baritone voice, virtuosic guitar chops, and creative open tunings. Wilcox was a winner of the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award in 1988, and by 1990 his A&M Records debut had sold
    over 100,000 copies. Another A&M Records release "Big Horizon" charted on the Billboard 200 Album Charts. His latest album, "The View From the Edge" was released earlier this year, and many people consider it among his finest work to date.

"I'm grateful my song was selected winner of the top prize in the USA Songwriting competition. This recognition inspires me to continue the work. I love the process of writing, and this will help me follow through when the next song idea pops into my
    head. Thanks to the judges, and thank you to everyone at the competition for supporting the art of songwriting," said a very jubilant David Wilcox, who is currently on tour promoting his current album. A dedicated and consummate songwriter, whose work
    has been covered by KD Lang and others, David often teaches the art songwriting at workshops.

The Overall Second Prize of the USA Songwriting Competition went to William Carpenter, Robert Gillies and Art Andranikyan, from the rock group "Ships Have Sailed." The Los Angeles based group won with their song "Let's Just Dance".

The Overall Third Prize went to Michael McDaniel, Mike DeCole, J Isaac and Robbie Rob of Minneapolis, MN, who wrote the song "Man 4 Me".

NEW GRAMMY WINNER
    USA Songwriting Competition Honorable Mention winner (2017 Competition) and finalist (2018 Competition) Lucy Kalantari of New York, NY won a Grammy Award on earlier this year for Best Children's Album. Her album All The Sounds by Lucy Kalantari & The
    Jazz Cats included her five-year-old son Darius Kalantari, who played the cello on the album.

ABOUT USA SONGWRITING COMPETITION
    USA Songwriting Competition has a long history of having winners getting recording and publishing contracts, have gotten recording contracts, getting their songs on film, TV as well as getting cuts with major artists. The 2013 Top winner rock band "
    American Authors" hit #1 on the Billboard Charts and went Double Platinum, selling over 2 million copies. The 2007 winner Air Gold hit Top 10 on the Billboard charts with his winning song 6 months after his win. The 2005 Winner of the Country category
    had his winning song cut by Country Superstar Faith Hill. The 2005 winner of the Pop category was signed by Interscope Records. Our 2008 winner appeared on David Letterman TV show and got signed to a record label.

The deadline to enter is May 31st. For more information, visit: https://www.songwriting.net

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)