• Eminem not going to Blow Up

From nicholaszock1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 10:26:00 2019
    I think he'll blowup.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From darth.blaire@gmail.com@21:1/5 to hit...@my-dejanews.com on Tue Sep 17 12:15:14 2019
    On Wednesday, January 27, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, hit...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
    I know people have mad love for Eminem on the newsgroup, but I don't think he's going to blow up in a major way like people here are saying.

Reasons:

1. The current state of rap is beginning another shift. It went from gangsta rap, to Puff, to a more hardcore NY sound, and now is making a transition to the dirty south. Eminem's sound doesn't fall under that new paradigm thus limiting his national appeal.

2. Even though racial barriers are falling away in music, he's still a white rapper. Most brothers and definately most urban mainstream radio stations aren't going to give him the time of day. They'll dismiss him solely on the basis of him being white.

3. While the tracks are cool they are not accessible enough for the broader audience to accept without his voice or personality being extremely captivating and they're not.

Eminem has a funny lyrical flow but he'll be a marginal footnote in hiphop.

Aj,3

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

On Wednesday, January 27, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, hit...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
    I know people have mad love for Eminem on the newsgroup, but I don't think he's going to blow up in a major way like people here are saying.

Reasons:

1. The current state of rap is beginning another shift. It went from gangsta rap, to Puff, to a more hardcore NY sound, and now is making a transition to the dirty south. Eminem's sound doesn't fall under that new paradigm thus limiting his national appeal.

2. Even though racial barriers are falling away in music, he's still a white rapper. Most brothers and definately most urban mainstream radio stations aren't going to give him the time of day. They'll dismiss him solely on the basis of him being white.

3. While the tracks are cool they are not accessible enough for the broader audience to accept without his voice or personality being extremely captivating and they're not.

Aj,3

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Damn, you're truly the nostradamus of our time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zokodog@outlook.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 12:01:59 2019
    Little did he Know

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dwballinger01@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 11:28:04 2019
    I think heโ€™s got a good chance

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tradeking321@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 13:50:42 2019
    Wow, this post did NOT age well LOL...AJ, please post a follow-up to your failed prediction about Eminem 20 years ago...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From antonayy@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 17:46:15 2019
    So like what you do guys have to say now haha ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From a7mad.elgohary@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 17 18:22:16 2019
    so what do you say now?๐Ÿ˜‚

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donnellan0007@gmail.com@21:1/5 to hit...@my-dejanews.com on Wed Sep 18 00:25:39 2019
    On Wednesday, January 27, 1999 at 7:00:00 PM UTC+11, hit...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

Reasons:

Aj,3

Well hello there people. It's been 20 years since this post. So far, he is the best selling rapper of all time, has the best selling album of all time (MMLP), and is still going strong

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05