• Res Announces Highly Anticipated New Solo Album

From Anoxane@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 24 22:10:38 2019
    Multi-genre artist Res (pronounced "Reese") has announced her long-awaited album The Woman With A Thousand Faces, set to release this summer. She'll kick things off with the edgy, haunting first single "Hollow", produced by Jordan Davis (available on all
    streaming platforms 5/17/19).

Her debut album, How I Do, released in 2001, sold over 300,000 copies and offered an edgy rock-soul alternative to the neo-soul wave that dominated the era.

Over a decade after her debut album How I Do, Res' music maintains all the beauty and earnestness that captured the adoration of fans around the world. But don't call it a comeback, Res never stopped making music.

"The songs on this album were written as I faced all the challenges that came with taking full control of my life. I sing them because I found that the path forward is through patience, strength, and faith in myself.

"My songwriting partner Jonathan Jennings took the journey with me as we worked our way through the songwriting process. We wrote about my life as it was unfolding in real time. We talked for hours on end about my fears, my past relationships, the people
    close to me, and, most important, the choices I had made. What we discovered was I had become comfortable with being uncomfortable. Once we uncovered that truth, our writing became honest and the hooks and lyrics just spilled out. I think these are some
    of the best songs of my career and I'm looking forward to sharing them with my fans." - Res

In addition to her new album, fans will be thrilled to know that she is currently routing a tour of intimate shows across North America to showcase her hits, both known and undiscovered.

Res has worked with an impressive roster of award-winning artists including Mary J. Blige, Maxwell, Musiq Soulchild, Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer, and Alanis Morissette, among others.

While accepting her BET Award for album A Seat At The Table, Solange listed Res as one of her inspirations alongside Erykah Badu, Lauren Hill, Missy Elliott, and Aaliyah.

http://www.the1res.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)