• Cleaning an Alesis QS8 keyboard - Yellow keys, dead keys

From james19brown90@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 23 03:50:48 2018
    You can remove yellowing by mixing toothpaste and peroxide and applying to the white keys. I would avoid contact with the black ones? The process can be sped up by exposure to uv rays. (Sunlight) the toothpaste just helps hold the peroxide in place. Time
    required varies dependent upon your mixture,degree of yellowing, and amount of sunlight exposure once applied.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jockey Shift@21:1/5 to james19...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 10 17:09:45 2021
    On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 6:50:50 AM UTC-5, james19...@gmail.com wrote:
    You can remove yellowing by mixing toothpaste and peroxide and applying to the white keys. I would avoid contact with the black ones? The process can be sped up by exposure to uv rays. (Sunlight) the toothpaste just helps hold the peroxide in place.
    Time required varies dependent upon your mixture,degree of yellowing, and amount of sunlight exposure once applied.
    I know this is years past, but i just scored 2 qs 8's both with yellow keys and wanted to know if this concoction worked.... I'm not afraid of pulling all the keys, I have done total refits of rhodes and survived takin care of the red death glue on a
    roland VK7. Somebody step in and confirm thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)