• Q: Looking for Cool Shoes Software/DRUMMER.ZIP

From appleexposed1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Alex I. Leyn on Thu Sep 20 12:54:07 2018
    On Monday, July 25, 1994 at 3:21:38 PM UTC-7, Alex I. Leyn wrote:
    Fellow Musicians:

I have been searching for a good DOS-based drum/rhythm sequencing software. I
    found several on a variety of ftp sites, however only two were worth the download time. One of the programs is a Windows application and seems to do what I want. However, it is far too slow on my far too slow machine. The other program, in an archive named DRUMMER.ZIP, is a DOS application and works
    exactly the way I want. However, it is an extremely old version and is limited to the point of being useless beyond a try period. I have not been able to find the author to obtain a newer version or purchase the non-shareware version. Here are the only supplied details:

DRUMMER.ZIP
    Demo Version 1.0
    Copyright (c) 1989 by Russ Kozerski
    Cool Shoes Software
    P.O. Box 391
    Burlington, MA 01803
    (617) 229-9942

No one picks up the phone. The directory assistance does not know of "Cool Shoes Software" or "Russ Kozerski" in the Burlington, MA area.

If anyone know how I can reach the author and/or obtain a newer version of this sofware, I would greatly appeciate a pointer. In addition, if anyone else is aware of good commercial or shareware (preferably) drum/rhythm sequencing software for DOS, would you please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

--
    [Alex I. Leyn | maysoft@io.org ]
    [Leitch Video Int'l Inc / MaySoft Eng | RAMpage@EleCom2.WatStar.UWaterloo.CA]
    [Toronto, Ontario, Canada | 4BClass@EandCE.UWaterloo.CA ]
    [ Opinions expressed above are the sole responsibility of Alex I. Leyn ]

At the cost of resurrecting the worlds oldest thread, I have 1000 Super Cool Drum Patterns.

Apparently it's super rare now and only 2 search results show up online!!

Anyone need this?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)