• Re: Roland Sound Canvas SCC-1

From KP2 KP2@21:1/5 to Paul Race on Sun Nov 12 17:54:02 2023
    On Monday, November 29, 1993 at 7:19:01 AM UTC-8, Paul Race wrote:
    In article <jhexian....@renoir.cftnet.com> jhe...@renoir.cftnet.com (Jim Hexian) writes:
    Subject: Roland Sound Canvas SCC-1
    Summary: Roland SCC-1?
    Keywords: PC ROLAND SOUND CANVAS SCC GS
    Date: 29 Nov 93 00:31:23 GMT
    recently aquired a Roland SCC-1 sound canvas card for my pc. Can anyone tell
    me the strengths (if any) and weaknesses of this card, not for just playback,
    composition as well. What kind of patches it will take etc. Thanks jhe...@renoir.cftnet.com
    Great internal sounds, all the sounds and efx of the Roland Sound Canvas line
    and a true Roland MPU-401 interface. There are editors that allow you to tweak the sounds, but you can't create entirely new ones like you could with an LAPC-1 (MT-32 on a card) or something. The thing is the SCC-1 sounds sound
    so much better than the LAPC-1 that most people don't care. It's also GM and GS compatible. They keep a resale value in the $300+ range, which is surprising when you realize you can get them new mail order in the $375 range.

Don't expect it to play wave files, though. It's not built for that. On the other hand, don't expect most cards that play wave files to sound like an SCC-1 either (Turtle Beach Multisound being an arguable exception).
    Ooo, I'm putting this wrong. I should have said, it really stinks but I need one for parts and I'll take it off your hands for $40...... ---------------------------------------------------------------- Paul....@DaytonOH.ncr.com
    My employer is not responsible for my opinions. As a matter
    of fact, they probably don't even know I get this newsgroup
    and they'd stop me if they found out. ---------------------------------------------------------------
    | Paul Race Corporate Customer Services, NCR SDC-2 Dayton |
    | NCR: 622-1665 <Paul....@DaytonOH.ncr.com> |
    | (513) 445-1665 <ncrcom!whq-top!pdr> |
    | FAX: 445-7196 | ---------------------------------------------------------------

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)