• Snukst Music - Chicago

From donbusby1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 30 23:37:58 2018
    The owners of Snukst were wonderful, very colorful people, and the old man new everything there is to know about guitars and music. I absolutely loved that store. They had so many great and rare guitars, in new or like new condition. I still have a
    George Washburne 36 fret guitar that I bought from them.

But unfortunately...

The old man was hit by Alzheimer's disease, and it really hit him hard. His wife took care of him until she died of a heart attack and the old man finished his last years in a nursing home. So, I hope that explains the strange behavior. If you had caught
    them in the 90's or earlier, you would have seen them as 2 very sharp and engaging seniors. It's all a memory now. The guitar "candy stores" of the 70's and 80's, places like Roselle Music, Perry's, Park Place and Snukst are just a memory now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From dariusgross683g@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 11 02:17:36 2020
    I remember back then in the 90s I would go in there and look at the drum sets they had. I remembered seeing the bearded old man and woman and they seemed pretty knowledgeable about the equipment. They told me they were in show business for years. That
    place was crowded with guitars all over the place and it smelled all the time,but now it's just a memory. Those were the good old days when everything was normal compared to what's going on now. I missed that place. 😣

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john twardy@21:1/5 to dariusg...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 26 08:39:36 2023
    On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 4:17:38 AM UTC-5, dariusg...@gmail.com wrote:
    I remember back then in the 90s I would go in there and look at the drum sets they had. I remembered seeing the bearded old man and woman and they seemed pretty knowledgeable about the equipment. They told me they were in show business for years. That
    place was crowded with guitars all over the place and it smelled all the time,but now it's just a memory. Those were the good old days when everything was normal compared to what's going on now. I missed that place. 😣
    I bought a Gibson firebird v reverse there for 375 w/case around 1970 and a sunn concert lead amp. He told me it would be a collectors item. They were eccentric people but cool, old music stores were so cool no more!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05