• satin poly too shiny

From dowl1954@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 20 19:31:35 2018
    we just built and stained a new set of stairs in our 150 year old farm house. we want the stairs to blend in with the rest of the house. i stained them a dark brown which we liked but it dried too dull so i brushed on satin urethane and i am seriously
    disappointed! what was I thinking! It looks cheap and plastic! Does anyone have a suggestion to help rescue our project? Like would applying a coat of flat urethane help? This has been a huge project and I do not like the thought of stripping it or
    doing hours of sanding. Please help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From djembecharlie5@gmail.com@21:1/5 to dowl...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 29 14:57:06 2018
    On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 7:31:37 PM UTC-8, dowl...@gmail.com wrote:
    we just built and stained a new set of stairs in our 150 year old farm house. we want the stairs to blend in with the rest of the house. i stained them a dark brown which we liked but it dried too dull so i brushed on satin urethane and i am
    seriously disappointed! what was I thinking! It looks cheap and plastic! Does anyone have a suggestion to help rescue our project? Like would applying a coat of flat urethane help? This has been a huge project and I do not like the thought of
    stripping it or doing hours of sanding. Please help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)