• New Fenders suck

From Badbowtie67@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Free Angie on Tue Sep 27 09:36:32 2016
    On Saturday, July 20, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Free Angie wrote:
    Re : The problem with new Fender guitars are:

I haven't bought a new American Fender guitar since 2006. so after all this time I thought I would buy myself a Jeff beck signature strat only because it was the only strat with an LSR roller nut (same as the 2 I bought in 2006) I waited 2 weeks for the
    guitar an it looked great sitting in the case. However after getting it home and having a closer look at it....it appears the neck was not finished on the top edge. it looks scalloped from the 5th to the 22nd. the first frest is all rounded off doesn't
    even look like a square edge as well as a chunk of rosewood missing on the first fret. looking at the neck with reading glasses really shows the horrible filing job that was done on this neck, and the LACK OF ATTENTION TO DETAIL. the neck pocket isn't
    even straight with the neck! totally unacceptable for a 2440.00 guitar! I returned it to the store and they all agreed this is un acceptable for what they are charging for this guitar. they have ordered another one from California and if there is any
    flaws I will be getting a refund and buying from a different company. I have a Mexican Stratocaster that is far superior then this over priced Beck strat. perhaps this guitar is some freak of nature that made it past someone to make it to a store. I
    would expect these problems to be seen on a cheap Chinese built squire. Not on a American built expensive guitar!. Not to happy with the cost of it when the 2 I bought in 2006 were 1200 each out the door! and are perfect! this one is double the price and
    half the quality! BOOoOoOoo Fender!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)