• Gibson Bossa Nova Classical Guitar

From john.shibley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to krya...@aol.com on Wed Aug 10 19:20:54 2016
    On Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 11:47:25 AM UTC-4, krya...@aol.com wrote:
    Hi. I also just found a Bossa Nova. I think with another gent that called me we have at least four of the original 7. Please send me a picture and I will post all the guitars. It would be cool to find all of them! Kevin

5. I have one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ericcosh@me.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 3 14:46:08 2018
    I own one of these original guitars. If you want to check out to see if yours is one of the Original ones, check the label inside. It should be “hand written” and should say, “Bosa Nova” with just one s and NOT two. It also should have a
    handwritten number inside. If you don’t have that, then it’s NOT original. It has ceramic pickups.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From john.shibley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 15 09:34:46 2020
    Hi everyone. And I have one, serial 911606. I bought in 1976 from the Amherst Music House - how they got it I have no idea. The label does indeed read "Bosa Nova" - a wonderful, typical Gibson oddity.

The individual ceramic pickups moved every time you changed the strings, making intonation challenging. The original ebony bridge was pulling up, so I took it to a luthier who replaced it, as you can see, but was smart enough to give me back the
    original, which I have been lucky enough to not lose for 45 years. He also, somehow, got his hands on an extra saddle set up. He installed a Barcus Berry "Hot Dot" in the bridge, state of the art back then.

A few years ago I installed a MiniFlex Model 1, a mic system that works pretty well, as long as you are careful where you sit vis a vis the PA system. The Barcus is still installed, so if I want to get really fancy I can put them both into the mix, the
    MiniFLex for acoustic sound and a little of the Barcus for that piezo hong.

I've see one other in my life, a long time ago, in a music store in New Hampshire.

I've see two offered on Reverb, one from the Tommy Emmanuel store.
    (https://reverb.com/item/3326839-gibson-bossa-nova-1-of-5-worldwide-owned-by-tommy-emmanuel). I would have loved to hear him playing one.

It's a dog's breakfast of a guitar - dreadnought body, classical neck. But no other guitar I have owned is mine the way the Bosa is. I love it. It's my most prosed physical possession.

Pics here. https://ln2.sync.com/dl/c54ba9ae0/yic39zwx-8s6fh88j-u93c25kq-c8abqj8y

There are only seven of them. What an idea for a book.. the story of the seven Bosa's and what happened to each one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05