• Have you heard the two Busoni quartets?

From Mandryka@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 24 09:42:32 2023
    Confession - I discovered them a month or so ago and I’m completely hooked. The first is like a beautiful lyrical Brahms pastiche. The second has more of an original voice, at least in the Webern Quartet’s recording on Tactus. I’ve been playing
    that Webern Quartet CD often - and the more energetic one from Busoni String Quartet on Centaur.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Th=C3=A9o_Amon?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 27 11:37:01 2023
    Em sexta-feira, 24 de fevereiro de 2023 às 14:42:35 UTC-3, Mandryka escreveu:
    Confession - I discovered them a month or so ago and I’m completely hooked. The first is like a beautiful lyrical Brahms pastiche. The second has more of an original voice, at least in the Webern Quartet’s recording on Tactus. I’ve been playing
    that Webern Quartet CD often - and the more energetic one from Busoni String Quartet on Centaur.

Thanks for the tip! I just listened to both quartets (recording by the Busoni String Quartet) and found them beutiful in their own scholarly fashion... They reminded me of the first quartets of both Zemlinsky and Schönberg (in the latter case, I mean
    the unnumbered D major specimen), with a bit of Reger thrown into it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)