• Berkshire Record Outlet: What gives?

From Russ (not Martha)@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 28 20:15:23 2023
    Anyone try the Berkshire Record Outlet search buttons lately?

Catalogs New Releases Featured Restocks

. . . all fail, with a popup:

No such file or directory

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that contact with the database server at localhost could not be established. This could mean your host’s database server is down. [end]

Let’s hope that Broinc isn’t going to disappear for months like Arkivmusic, and then come back so dumbed-down as to be next to useless.

Russ (not Martha)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Al Eisner@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 28 23:31:04 2023
    This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text,
    while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.

On Sat, 28 Jan 2023, Russ (not Martha) wrote:

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that contact with the database server at localhost could not be established. This could mean your host’s database server is down. [end]

Let’s hope that Broinc isn’t going to disappear for months like Arkivmusic, and then come back so dumbed-down as to be next to useless.

Russ (not Martha)

They seem to have screwed up some scipts - lots of extraneous verbiage.
    Catalog actually works (sarch doesn't). It was fine a day earlier.
    --
    Al Eisner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Frank Berger@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 29 07:49:41 2023
    On 1/28/2023 11:15 PM, Russ (not Martha) wrote:

Russ (not Martha)

I have informed Joe Eckstein (owner of BRO) of the problem. His programmer (perhaps I should say app developer) is, shall we say, a bit less than professional. I suspect he was tinkering with the program (app?) and broke it. What else could it be?
    Some limit exceeded, I suppose. I expect it to be fixed soon.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MickeyBoy@21:1/5 to Frank Berger on Mon Jan 30 11:00:21 2023
    On Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 6:49:50 AM UTC-6, Frank Berger wrote:

Russ (not Martha)

I have informed Joe Eckstein (owner of BRO) of the problem. His programmer (perhaps I should say app developer) is, shall we say, a bit less than professional. I suspect he was tinkering with the program (app?) and broke it. What else could it be? Some
    limit exceeded, I suppose. I expect it to be fixed soon.

I imagine it will be corrected soon. A bad script or some problem with WordPress.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Frank Berger@21:1/5 to MickeyBoy on Mon Jan 30 16:07:13 2023
    On 1/30/2023 2:00 PM, MickeyBoy wrote:

Russ (not Martha)

I have informed Joe Eckstein (owner of BRO) of the problem. His programmer (perhaps I should say app developer) is, shall we say, a bit less than professional. I suspect he was tinkering with the program (app?) and broke it. What else could it be?

I imagine it will be corrected soon. A bad script or some problem with WordPress.

Different errors now. Looks like they're offline while under repair. Should have been making mods in a test environment in the first place, not on the production app. Amateurish.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Frank Berger@21:1/5 to Frank Berger on Wed Feb 1 18:37:01 2023
    On 1/30/2023 4:07 PM, Frank Berger wrote:
    On 1/30/2023 2:00 PM, MickeyBoy wrote:

Russ (not Martha)

I imagine it will be corrected soon.  A bad script or some problem with WordPress.

Different errors now. Looks like they're offline while under repair.  Should have been making mods in a test environment in the first place, not on the production app. Amateurish.

Back up. Per the site:

Dear Customers,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the extended downtime. It was due to a problem with the way our product data was originally transferred to our new site in 2019. Please be assured that there was no data breach or hack involved.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05