• Re: Which Mozart piece in Hitchcock's "Vertigo"?

From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to G. Brown on Fri Dec 9 18:16:29 2022
    On Monday, November 3, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, G. Brown wrote:
    Bradley Philip Lehman wrote:

Recently I saw the rerelease of Hitchcock's film "Vertigo," and also
    bought the Bernard Herrmann soundtrack. In the scene where Stewart's character is in the hospital and his friend is trying to cheer him up
    with a Mozart record, the piece sounds somewhat familiar to me, but I
    can't place exactly which Mozart work it is. Anyone happen to know the title and K number?

It's not in the soundtrack album, and I looked through "Vertigo" and film-database websites for about an hour yesterday, still not finding any leads on this. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Somewhat related question: how about the large choral work that is played in the Royal Albert Hall near the end of the 1934 "The Man Who Knew Too Much?" It sounds superficially like Walton in style.

Brad Lehman, b...@umich.edu

--
    Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.44N+78.87W
    b...@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
    you,ve piqued my curiosity on Vertigo...may have to go out and rent it.. ..another Hitchcock question-in THE 39 STEPS....is the music that is
    the theme for the vaudeville performer who answers ALL questions the
    polka from Gaite Parisienne?

(Y. upload):

"Film Score Analysis Episode 1: Vertigo"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alexander Hamilton@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Dec 10 17:34:45 2022
    On Friday, December 9, 2022 at 8:16:31 PM UTC-6, gggg gggg wrote:
    On Monday, November 3, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, G. Brown wrote:
    Bradley Philip Lehman wrote:

Recently I saw the rerelease of Hitchcock's film "Vertigo," and also bought the Bernard Herrmann soundtrack. In the scene where Stewart's character is in the hospital and his friend is trying to cheer him up with a Mozart record, the piece sounds somewhat familiar to me, but I can't place exactly which Mozart work it is. Anyone happen to know the title and K number?

It's not in the soundtrack album, and I looked through "Vertigo" and film-database websites for about an hour yesterday, still not finding any leads on this. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Somewhat related question: how about the large choral work that is played in the Royal Albert Hall near the end of the 1934 "The Man Who Knew Too Much?" It sounds superficially like Walton in style.

Brad Lehman, b...@umich.edu

--
    Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.44N+78.87W
    b...@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
    you,ve piqued my curiosity on Vertigo...may have to go out and rent it.. ..another Hitchcock question-in THE 39 STEPS....is the music that is
    the theme for the vaudeville performer who answers ALL questions the
    polka from Gaite Parisienne?
    (Y. upload):

"Film Score Analysis Episode 1: Vertigo"
    It is the second movement of the symphony no. 34, k. 338.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)