• Deal of the Day - Levin's new Mozart Sonatas 7CD integrale for $31.99

From Oscar@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 20 12:25:54 2022
    On offer at the usual merchant-suspect, Bang-a-gong-king-kong. Note that this is a savings of 54 percent-off m.s.r.p., which is $69.98. It is a deal and it won't last long. ECM discs are also pressed at Bertelsmann's manufacturing plant in Germany, the
    legendary Sonopress. No cheapie discs from Poland, Mexico or Taiwan!

As for the recordings, I sampled the F major, (K.332 No.12), last night. Exceptional, and the set's main selling point is W.A. Mozart's own fortepiano, made by Anton Walter, which Levin played on these recordings, made on location in Salzburg. You may
    recall Levin's planned integrale for Deutsche Harmonia Mundi, which lasted but one CD consisting of recordings of K.279, 280 and 281. Originally issued on CD in 2006, that cycle was unfollowed and ghosted by the label like a hot chick in a pink skirt.
    From what I understand, the new box uses the DHM recordings.

Collectors are swimming in integrales over these past 12 months: first Leonskaja, now Levin and next month Mao Fujita, who will make his first release for Sony Classical with a splash. (Already issued in EU; also in Japan on SHM-CD.) If you ask me, it's
    all a bit too much. But I cannot guarantee I will not purchase two of these. And at the current Bang-a-gong-king-kong price I know which _one_ will arrive at Chez Oscar first.

Happy collecting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7CS6JCY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dan Koren@21:1/5 to Oscar on Thu Oct 20 13:57:36 2022
    On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-7, Oscar wrote:
    On offer at the usual merchant-suspect, Bang-a-gong-king-kong. Note that this is a savings of 54 percent-off m.s.r.p., which is $69.98. It is a deal and it won't last long. ECM discs are also pressed at Bertelsmann's manufacturing plant in Germany, the
    legendary Sonopress. No cheapie discs from Poland, Mexico or Taiwan!

As for the recordings, I sampled the F major, (K.332 No.12), last night. Exceptional, and the set's main selling point is W.A. Mozart's own fortepiano, made by Anton Walter, which Levin played on these recordings, made on location in Salzburg. You may
    recall Levin's planned integrale for Deutsche Harmonia Mundi, which lasted but one CD consisting of recordings of K.279, 280 and 281. Originally issued on CD in 2006, that cycle was unfollowed and ghosted by the label like a hot chick in a pink skirt.
    From what I understand, the new box uses the DHM recordings.

Collectors are swimming in integrales over these past 12 months: first Leonskaja, now Levin and next month Mao Fujita, who will make his first release for Sony Classical with a splash. (Already issued in EU; also in Japan on SHM-CD.) If you ask me, it'
    s all a bit too much. But I cannot guarantee I will not purchase two of these. And at the current Bang-a-gong-king-kong price I know which _one_ will arrive at Chez Oscar first.

Happy collecting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7CS6JCY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Grossly overpriced, they are barely worth a nickel each.

dk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)