• The Book of Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly Part 1 (1/3)

From Noahide Videos@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 21 10:13:38 2016
    The Book of Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly
    Chapter One
    I am not really sure what my oldest memories are, but I do remember being in the kitchen at Berridale (7 Bent Street) playing on the chairs we had, which had black vinyl, being chairs I had played on often, doing a rocking horse motion on them around the
    kitchen, and thinking right at that point, in thoughts which had slowly developed for a while, I will remember this time for the rest of my life. And I have never forgotten it. I was born on the 20th of November 1972 Kingston upon Hull in England in the
    United Kingdom. I was born at the Hull Maternity Hospital, which Mum tells me is no longer there. What had happened was my older brother Matthew was born in Cooma Hospital on the 21st of October 1969 and my older sister Brigid was born in the same
    hospital on the 26th of October 1971. But when it came to the third child, myself, mum decided to have me in England in Hull, were she likewise had been born. She was born on the 7th of July, 1937 (meaning she turned 70 on the 7/7/2007 – which is
    probably why 7 is her favourite number). My mother’s name is Mary Philomena Daly nee Baker. Dad was born Cyril Aloysius Daly on the 11th of August 1922 in Sydney. I remember, in those early days, the world book dictionaries we had, and the set of world
    book children’s encyclopaedias. We still have the dictionaries, but the children’s encyclopaedias are long gone. They had a games section of a jungle map which you followed from page to page, as well as a volume of kids activities which I liked to
    look at. I remember a big box which dad brought home from work one day, which we played in in the back yard for a while. And I remember the first day thinking that when the ‘Goodies’ came on (on ABC at 6) that I would still keep on playing in the box.
    But I think that the others went inside when the Goodies came on, and I went in shortly afterwards. The Goodies were big to me as a kid, and so was Dr Who which ABC put on right after the Goodies. They are my earliest childhood TV shows I remember,
    alongside The ABC News at 7 (which is still the time they show it) and the Saturday morning Cartoons. I remember ‘Point of View’ which they showed before the cartoons at 12 which was a political commentary show. When ‘Point of View’ came on I was
    usually watching TV, waiting for the Cartoons. The ‘Whacky Racers’ was a show I remember, were the hero turned into a bad guy as well. Star Wars was a big thing because every one was talking about it, and when what I thought was Star Wars was
    supposed to come on TV I was broken when the blackout occurred and we missed nearly all of it. In fact it was just the Star Wars holiday special (but I didn’t know at the time) and perhaps it is a good thing I missed it because Mr Lucas maintains he
    would prefer if it was totally forgotten. I read online that some people consider it Star Wars canon, because it contains plots which supposedly tie into the saga (ie Chewbacca visiting his family). Later on, when I learned about confirmation names, mine
    was going to be ‘Luke’. It was going to be ‘Luke’ for a long time, mainly because of Star Wars ‘Luke Skywalker’. But I ended up choosing ‘Tarcisius’ just a few months before my confirmation because I read a book in Year 6 at St Pats in
    Cooma in the back on St Tarcisius. I also read one on St Pancratius, but was scared of the way St Pancratius died (I think he was beheaded) and preferred the death of St Tarcisius. I guess I ended up choosing Tarcisius because I thought that was the
    spiritual thing to do. I pinched my dad’s 2 cent and 5 cent coins almost straight away from his jar, because I knew they bought lollies. I kept on pinching from mum’s purse into my teens. It was where my arcade money came from. I was convicted a lot
    and felt guilt, but always brushed it aside. I remember, later on in Cooma, getting busted for pinching lollies from Woolworths, and they took us to the police station. We were under age and just got a warning. It is the only time I have been to the
    police station for illegal activity. I have never been arrested, and have worked hard to make sure I won’t be. Anyway, God dealt with the pinching gradually through my life, and I learned my lesson eventually. I do remember, though, that whenever I
    pinched some money and mum asked who was pinching from her purse, it was normally always me, but I would deny it to her face. I am not really sure if my siblings ever pinched money. There was this time, though, in Cooma, when Aunt Molly accused me of
    pinching a dollar, but it actually wasn’t me that time. I think she had just mislaid it. Like ‘Swiper’ from Dora the Explorer, pinching was my main problem, but apart from that, looking back, I usually feel I was a good kid with a good heart. I was
    usually gentle throughout my school years, and did not like fighting, and was picked on because of it. I was extremely unpopular all the way through to the end of year 10 at St Patrick’s. Fortunately, they were never too violent towards me, usually
    just occasionally calling me names and letting me know my place at the bottom of the hierarchy. Throughout those 11 years at St Pats there were a lot of hard times, but there was an occasional moment here and there when things were just a bit okay. My
    teachers were Mrs Macminnamin in Kindie, Sister Susan in year 1 and 2, Mrs Jones in year 3, Mr McHugh in year 4 & 5, Sr Ann in year 6, and then various teachers in high school. I first went to the pre-school in Cooma north before kindie, but only
    occasionally. I remember a few times staying at the big house up the top of crisp street at the top of the hill in Cooma – the very big mansion like one – after pre-school for some babysitting. I can’t remember the people, but they had a shack were
    I remember thinking there was a fox there. It is a big part of my memory. Mum tells me they asked me questions but I was playing them for fools as a little devil. The first day I got home from kindie, mum tells me I undid my shoes, took them off and said
    ‘Thank God for that.’ I remember I was trying to be dramatic.

I learned to read very quickly, and that was my main strength in school. I was good at maths, but excellent at reading. I remember in year 1 or 2 one time when the class had to read a book, I was finished very quickly before the rest of the class, and I
    think it was Sr Frances taking the class a the time who told me to read it again, and I did so very quickly, a lot of the class still reading. I had free time for a little while and thought about stuff. I remember getting in trouble once and being told
    to go down to stay with the kindies. But I was too embarrassed, so hid behind the kindies class, and looked under the school at the stuff they kept there. Later on I went to the section were the toilets were. I got caught out the next school day and told
    Sr Susan I was were the toilets were, not telling her I was at the other part of the school. Another lie. But I didn’t get into too much trouble. I remember sporting carnivals. I never got any places, ever, at any sporting carnival. I don’t think I
    ever came last, but I was always down near the bottom. Once I got a fifth place, just missing out on a forth and a white ribbon. I was no good at sports to start off with. But, later on, when I was with my friends from the public school (the gang I got
    into) we played a season of Indoor Cricket in the B Grade competition, and we actually won it. There were only 4 or 5 teams, but we still came first, and I got invited to play that day in the A Grade final, which I did. We lost, but I always remember we
    could have won. The problem was we thought the ‘Hot’n’Tots’ were invincible, and we lacked confidence, but they played poorly in that final. We lost, but we might have won with the right motivations. But I still got a trophy for wining in the B
    Grade final with my team, and that was about the only sporting triumph I have achieved in serious competition. Although I was on the winning team for the UPC Oldies vs Youngies cricket competition for both the first 2 years, once on the oldies and once
    on the youngies. I think I was the only person who could claim I was on the winning side for both years. One of those years I made a ’50 Not Out’ and matched Jonathon Downs effort (the Pastor John Downs’ son). It was a mandatory retirement at 50.
    Of course, Jonathon was a much better batter than myself, and had all the shots. But my innings started slowly, and worked up gradually. And towards the end I started hitting ‘4s’. I guess I go slow to start with but gradually build up strength.
    Either way I was pretty happy to match Jonathon’s score. The gang I joined was a Cooma game arcade group of kids. I started going there to play games at about 14 or 15 and Damien Asanovsci and Peter Dradrach befriended me. I had never really had
    friends, but they seemed to care. And those few years were some of the best years of my life. Peter and Damien, alongside Michael Werle and Michael Gratwick and Keith Willis and Mark Post were the gang, and we listened to Heavy Metal and played Indoor
    cricket. The bands we listened to were ‘Metallica’ and ‘Iron Maiden’ and ‘Motley Crue’ and ‘Def Leppard’ & ‘Megadeth’ mainly, as well as ‘Helloween’. I liked Bon Jovi because Damien had given me a copied tape of ‘Slippery When
    Wet’. It was the first major album I had listened to, apart from a ‘Black Funk’ tape from probably Boney M or someone similar, and a few kids tapes. I thought the album was incredibly cool and became the biggest Bon Jovi fan in Cooma most likely. I
    ended up seeing them in Sydney in 1989 alongside my friend ‘Noodles’ who lived near the train station in Cooma. The only other live concert of a big act I have seen is ‘Rebecca St James’ in Sydney in the early 2000s. The Bon Jovi concert was far
    too loud, and I had borrowed my brothers binoculars without asking him to see the band. There were 2 rock chicks in front of us and they went wild. But we were way up the back, and the view was not fantastic. Still, I can claim to have seen Bon Jovi live
    in the 1980s, and that is a big deal to me. I bought a t-shirt at the concert which had a big heart and a dagger on it, and they still use that symbol. I was on Austudy at the time and was buying all the Bon Jovi cassettes and records, and had a number
    of posters and magazines. I even bought a metal ‘New Jersey’ badge, which I lost later on in life. They were the biggest band for me to start with, and my favourite for a long time. No band really ever replaced them as my favourite, but I have a lot
    of favourite bands and artists now. Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Queen, Alice Cooper, Madonna, Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Billie Piper and so many others are big on my list, and I have owned probably over 1000 CDs by now. But with my schizophrenia I
    usually end up either destroying them, or trading them back for others, or selling them, or giving them to family members. But I am less attached to a CD as a possession now anyway, and FM104.7 plays all the new hits and radio is usually enough. Freddy
    Mercury from Queen went on about the ‘Disposable Pop’ idea. And these days what I know is that new hits always come along, and new artists always replace the old, and you don’t have to stay attached to the same old music forever. Some styles seem
    to stay in vogue now, and older styles come back from time to time. I think Billy Joel sums it up – ‘Everyone is talking about the new style funny but its still rock and roll to me.’ We were in Berridale for the 1970s, Cooma for the 1980s and
    Canberra for the 1990s and beyond. I did go back to live in Cooma in 2001 briefly and in 2007 briefly, and in 2009 until the present moment, were I am living both in Cooma and Canberra. I have a cheap flat I am renting whose lease expires shortly, and I
    am undecided wether I will keep the flat or not. Berridale was a blissful town to grow up in. We went to Catholic Church on Sundays, the whole family, and I did that every week until I was 16, when I went my own way on beliefs. I remember looking up at
    the crucifix and realizing that was the Jesus fellow. I remember praying the rosary in the rosary group which came to our house. I remember the statues of angels at the church which were put up in the attic of the church I think (because of something to
    do with protestant discussions at the time – I am not sure though). But, whatever else, church was extremely boring, a massive guilt trip, and I never really liked it that much. Later on as an altar boy it was alright because I was doing something, but
    I couldn’t abide sitting in the pews. I never liked church, and that was that. At 16 Mum went on a holiday to England with Greg, and I stopped going to church. When she got back I was so headstrong that she didn’t try to persuade me to go back and
    that was the end of the matter. From there I gradually drifted into Agnosticism, and while over the next few years I strongly considered atheism, I never quite made the commitment to that viewpoint. At that stage my faith was a work in progress. In 1990
    we came to Canberra, first in Kambah and then in Gilmore and then in late 1990 to 29 Merriman Crescent Macarthur, were I am right at this moment in the front middle room typing this away (Tuesday 2nd of March, 2010). We will get up 20 years at this place
    later on in the year, and that is a pretty good achievement. But it is still taking a while to get used to even the suburb, and I haven’t totally done that yet. In a strange way Tuggeranong is still new territory to me, and the rest of Canberra as well,
    but I am gradually getting used to it as home. Actually, Cooma is home as well these days, and I suppose I am basically a ‘Monaro’ boy. I also have a younger sister, Jacinta, and a younger brother, Gregory. They are both married and Jacinta has 3
    kids and Gregory has 1. In my early 20s I was studying at the Canberra Institute of Technology, undertaking an Associate Diploma of Business in Office Administration. I ended up completing all the requirements, with 3 distinctions, 5 credits, and many
    passes. It was during the latter half that I had my crises of faith and finally went back to church. But I had an accident in testing my faith, jumping off a bridge barefooted near parliament house. I turned schizophrenic that day. I blacked out
    immediately after stepping off the bridge, and woke up a while later on the ground. The ambulance came shortly, and I was in hospital for a couple of weeks. It was when I went nuts, and I am still essentially a Schizophrenic. From there it was off to
    Catholic Church in Gowrie for a while, but I was witnessed to by Pentecostal girls, and ended up going to Potters House Christian Church. In fact, I attended a service there just this Sunday – my first in a good few years as I don’t go anymore, no
    longer being a Christian. I was at Potters House for about a year, then off to United Pentecostal Church because I no longer believed the Trinity. But the ‘Oneness’ was wrong also, and I ended up ‘Unitarian’ in faith. After 6 months at Hughes
    Baptist church attending occasionally I became a ‘Noahide’. That was a leap of faith in January 1999 and now, in March 2010 I am still a Noahide. So I have 11 years up and hopefully am slowly gaining some credibility for my faith. Jesus talks about
    traditions of men being taught by the Pharisees as commands of God. I agree with him, and thus disregard the Mishnah and Gemara (the Jewish Talmud’s). There are different ways of looking at the Jewish Bible itself, and I would probably make a ‘
    Hexateuch’ argument if I had to, but I am no longer sure it really matters. In the end conversion to Judaism has simply not been an option, and the Noahide thing is working for me very well indeed. I am happy with it, content with my situation, pleased
    that Haven Noahide Fellowship today has 3 official members, with reasonable potentiality for growth, and happy that Yahweh is not asking me to do anything in particular out of the ordinary. I have had ‘Rainbow’ witnesses at key points over the last
    decade and it seems to me that the Rainbow as the Covenantal sign of my covenant is really, in truth, the one to stick with. Scripture declares it an ‘Everlasting Covenant’ so, to me, faith in an everlasting Covenant leads to everlasting life. Now,
    my books. Morning Stars was begun the writing of in the year 2000. I began it at work in AQIS one day in the Exdoc section. Saruviel popped in pretty quickly, and I think the name was bubbling away from ‘Suvrael’ the southern continent of Silverbergâ€
    ™s ‘Majipoor’. Lord Valentines Castle, The Majipoor Chronicles and Valentine Pontifex were awesome, and some of the many fantasy and sci fi epics I have consumed. ‘Morning Stars’ the title comes directly from Job 38:7 KJV. It was borrowed
    directly from that translation. It took 5 or 6 years to write the first version of Morning Stars (the currently paperback published version of 100 copies only), but writing took off very quickly after that point. I write heaps now. People occasionally
    ask me were did I come up with me ideas about angels. Well, Michael and Gabriel come from the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament, and Gabriel appears in the Gospels, and Michael appears in ‘Jude’ and in the ‘Revelation’ in the New Testament. I
    have also read some of the ‘Pseudepigrapha’ and Michael and Gabriel and a number of others appear in 1 Enoch in the Pseudepigrapha. Some churches actually hold to 1 Enoch as scripture, and for biblical students I strongly encourage you to go check it
    out because Jesus quotes the hell out of it. Metatron is in one of the Enoch’s as well (there are 3 Enoch books, I think) and he has a heap of names in there, well over 70. The Rabbinic literature goes on about various angels, and Muslim literature
    also does as well. Also, don’t forget the Doreen Virtue Books and many others out there. Currently Angel Books are doing well, and I am aiming to get the major fantasy niche in this market if I can. I cheekily call ‘Chronicles of the Children of
    Destiny’ the third volume of the Pseudepigrapha. I guess, because the Pseudepigrapha is public domain, and if I had the money, I might consider publishing it myself one day under the ‘Noahide Books’ imprint and adding the first ‘Arc’ of the
    Chronicles to it and calling this the third volume of ‘Haven Noahide Fellowship’s’ own Pseudepigrapha. Recognition from the big churches and the big Jewish and Muslim movements might not be easy, or it might end up being quite easy – you never
    know. But we are actually quite serious about being NON-cultic, quite serious about being lawful and in harmony with the general rules and customs of the land, and quite serious in our devotions to God. On salvation, we generally teach that this is
    mainly God’s business. Iron maiden sing a song which says ‘There’s not a God to save you if you won’t save yourself.’ Some Christian fundies will argue that works aint gonna do it, and that only faith in Jesus death is going to get you there.
    But Jesus teaches in revelation to one of the churches a doctrine which says ‘I have not found your works perfect.’ Of course, the New Testament can be argued on Calvinistic and Armenian standpoints, but taken as a whole – ie the 27 books being the
    New Testament, I would actually agree that you probably need to be a Christian to be saved, doctrinally. But it depends how you view it. For example, you can’t enter the kingdom of heaven unless you are born again. Is this the New Jerusalem? Thus, if
    you are not born again, like John the Baptist in Jesus own words, is the new EARTH available instead? Jehovah’s witnesses think so. Is this were the Catholics go? As in there creed they say ‘The Life of the World to Come’, which is the standard
    Jewish doctrine on salvation. The World to come – the new earth. Of course Isaiah goes on about a new heaven BUT ALSO a new earth. Are there different destinations for different folks. Jewish salvation is works oriented. I think Catholics seem to be of
    that mould also these days. The fundies are faith oriented. Is it a different destination for different groups? So if you are not Born Again my fundamentalist friend, I know you can’t enter the Kingdom of God, but is that Kingdom the New Jerusalem? And
    if it is, is the New Earth available instead? Interesting question. You see, Jews actually do have faith. And they have faith in God, and not Jesus. Will this works doctrine of salvation get them the ‘New Earth?’ Perhaps, I think. Perhaps. Anyway,
    just so you will actually know, Haven’s own doctrine of salvation for us Noahides in particular in Haven Noahide Fellowship is that God is the saviour. Jews have to circumcise to maintain their own covenant. Christians have to baptize to maintain their
    own covenant. We believe Noah’s covenant is totally up to God’s own effort. You see, we can’t make a rainbow – only God can make a rainbow. So we don’t even bother to save ourselves. We do whatever the heck we want to, can be slack and second
    rate on spirituality if we want to, occasionally little devils on legal issues (as the Coloured Devil’s would testify), but, in general, happy enough and amused by all the entertainment. You see, God didn’t actually give us Noahides a doctrine of
    salvation, so we do bugger all, smile that the rainbow still pops up for us every now and again, and thank our lucky stars we don’t have to slave away at the Sabbath, or confess every sin under the sun in true Johannine fashion. Amen and amen and amen.
    But enough with religion. I am tired, thirsty and hungry, and fortunately the kitchen is still were I would imagine it to be. This chronicle is finished for the moment, but I will give you some more thoughts later one. Cheers. Daniel

Chapter Two
    (Written Friday the Fifth of March, 2010 CE/AD, in the morning)

Funnily enough, I am actually published already. No royalties, or anything like that, but in reasonably significant publications. My first publishing is actually a fan letter to a comic. I was a big fan of DC Comics growing up and loved the Justice
    League International and others from the 1980s, but in the early to mid 1990s I loved quite a few others and ‘The Demon’ run by Garth Ennis and John McCrea was awesome. And, thus, I am published in the last issue of the 1990s run of the ‘Demon’
    in poetry form. I have to go off and obtain the comic again, but here is the poem as far as I can recall from memory.

‘A Devious Plan by Etrigan to conquer all the Earth
    Saw light in Demon 52 when Glenda did give birth
    A Tragic fate it does await a child so innocent
    For the Demon’s evil schemes are not heaven but hell sent

I laughed with glee in 53 at Hitman’s futile folly
    Too kill an undead army, methinks it’s not that jolly
    And Jason Blood he knew the score and gave a grin not frown
    As he stepped into the circle and took the bastard down

It was a fight with fire and flight which came in 54
    A merry battle yes indeed with blood and guts and gore
    So to the victor go the spoils and Jason blood did smile
    While Etrigan his dark revenge will have to wait a while.’

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)