• Meludiel

From Daly Clan Videos Bible@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 1 00:08:50 2016
    'Meludiel’

‘Do you think she heeded the rebuke?’ Karanasius asked Brendakius, his Ozraphim brother.

‘It was arranged properly. The dragon was shocked – quite shocked. He had not expected David to choose a human over his twin. But he has chosen Justine Atkinson instead of Meludiel.

“Then he has made his choice.”

“Such is life.”

“Then neither Daniel nor Ambriel will win her heart. That is quite ironic, I think.”

“Mmm,’ agreed Brendakius.

Rebecca looked at the sign. “Haven Noahide Fellowship”. This was it, she thought to herself. A whole life dedicated to Jesus, countless concerts dedicated to his glory, and then a crisis of faith in which God says ‘It aint him.’ And so what
    choice did she really have? Judaism had had its initial appeal but, ultimately, not again. Not again. She would not again go down the Jewish pathway – it was too much to commit to those people yet again. And they were not hers – they were not her
    family, her culture, her identity. They were simply not Loveheart’s or Celtic Anglo people. Yet Noahides were everyone, and the Celts and Anglo’s were Noahides. So would give this ‘Haven Noahide Fellowship’ a chance. Perhaps it was for her
    after all.

God looked down at Meludiel entering the Haven Noahide Fellowship assembly hall. He knew his daughter Rebecca would be nervous, but his Son Daniel Daly would take care of her. That much he knew to be true.

The sermon was interesting, similar to her Baptist heritage in many ways, but a bit calmer. She noticed that instantly. She thought on Justine who had suggested that if she really was having a faith crisis with the Baptist church, then perhaps she
    really should look into the Haven one. Her new friend David Rothchild had spoken about it and said that his brother Daniel knew the pastor, a close friend, another Daniel ironically. Perhaps this would be right for her.

Sitting there in the small hall, the other 5 Noahides having left, Mr Daly noticed her and came down and sat next to her.

‘Well, Miss. How did you find the sermon?’

‘Oh, it was ok.’

‘Do you know what we believe?’

‘Noah’s covenant. I have looked into it a bit.’

‘Yes. We are pretty simple in the end. Mainly the first part of the bible until the Tower of Babel. Uncomplicated, really, unlike the Talmud based movement.’

‘I heard about that. I didn’t like some of the things they taught, nor their strong connection to Judaism. They’re too Jewish for me.’

‘Jews have kept Unitarian faith for a long time when most gentiles strayed. But I know what you are saying, it is the same conviction that I have. Judaism, too me, is for a particular type of people. People with convictions on Torah and that
    particular type of lifestyle and connection too God, but for me it is too awkward and inconsistent with my own nature. But there is another reason also.’

‘Which is?’

‘Noahide faith represents the oldest covenant with God. As a proper Noahide our assembly represents, in our faith, the oldest and deepest connection to God. We strive to be the most grown up, in a sense, amongst the children of men.’

‘Isn’t that Israel’s job?’

‘Yes, a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. But while that may motivate them, they don’t take it seriously any more. It is religious observation without passion. For many idolatrous messianic devotion without God’s due respect.’

‘What do you mean by that?’

Daniel picked up the bible, showed her 1 Samuel chapter 8, and read it to her.

‘…..But when they said, ‘Give us a king to lead us,’ this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD told him, ‘Listen to all that the people are saying to you; It is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as
    their king.’

Rebecca was convicted. ‘The same problem with Jesus, isn’t it?’

‘100% Miss. God gave them Saul, and then David, and they worshipped him. They still loved the LORD, but he wasn’t the God of their hearts that he wanted to be.’

‘And that is what you claim as Noahides, is it? To be devoted to God alone?’

‘Yes. That is the purity of the faith we represent, and we try our best not to corrupt that truth. We are of the Oldest covenant. Of the oldest brit. And we try to take it as seriously as the oldest covenant warrants. To be that which the Most
    High esteems greatest of all. And we will never budge from that, Miss. Never.’

She looked at him for a moment, her decision made. ‘I would like to join your fellowship, if that is ok. You have said enough for me.’

‘Glad to have you. We are meeting for lunch at 1. Do you want to come along?’

‘The fellowship you mean?’

‘And a few other interested parties. There is a Jewish man named Daniel Rothchild who occasionally takes an interest, but doesn’t come that much anymore. He might be here today, but don’t count on it.’

‘I know him,’ said Rebecca, stunned.

‘Small world, isn’t it.’

Two years later Rebecca was finally happy. Haven was working well. They had not really grown, but it didn’t seem to matter. It was a devoted fellowship and there was a quiet, gentle spirit when she was at assembly. Something which said to her
    innermost heart, you are home. And she had grown to know she would never leave, and that she had found what she had been looking for. And for that she was thankful. Truly thankful.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)