• "Losing My Religion" Parody

From tonyimpieri1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 26 21:38:44 2017
    Are you still looking for that song?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JuntMonkey@21:1/5 to tonyim...@gmail.com on Tue Jul 4 21:35:22 2017
    On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 9:38:45 PM UTC-7, tonyim...@gmail.com wrote:
    Are you still looking for that song?

Yes of course I'm still looking. Every 6-24 months I do at least a cursory Google and YouTube search, and when I search for the lyrics I only find this thread.

I have a long-shot lead that I'm going to probe shortly.

There is a newer McDonald's Losing My Religion parody on YouTube, no relation as far as I know.

I find it infuriating that the TBone dude posted that he thought it was Weird Al "Jankovich" in 2001. Because yea, every single song parody every created HAD to be made by him.

I'm off to check up on that lead. If you don't hear from me ever again, you can guess what happened.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tonyimpieri1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 25 22:53:28 2017
    I was asking because I have a copy of that parody. I am guessing it was 25 years or so ago while I was working on air at an upstate NY radio station. At the time I was doing mornings. During this time we subscribed to a comedy service that would supply
    scripts and recorded skits and parody songs. I remember playing it on my show. I thought it was, and still is, one of the funniest parodies I have ever heard. I made a copy of it on cassette and have since transferred it to an mp3. I can email it to you
    if you give me your email address.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gotworship@gmail.com@21:1/5 to tonyim...@gmail.com on Thu Apr 5 17:18:32 2018
    On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 1:53:28 AM UTC-4, tonyim...@gmail.com wrote:
    I was asking because I have a copy of that parody. I am guessing it was 25 years or so ago while I was working on air at an upstate NY radio station. At the time I was doing mornings. During this time we subscribed to a comedy service that would supply
    scripts and recorded skits and parody songs. I remember playing it on my show. I thought it was, and still is, one of the funniest parodies I have ever heard. I made a copy of it on cassette and have since transferred it to an mp3. I can email it to you

that was mayor McCheese....
    I will try an apple pie..
    that was Mayor McCheese...Mayor McCheese....Mayor McCheese....Cheese...

Yep...you MIGHT say I "remember" it. ;)

Thanks for caring about the art of parody

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jose Capella@21:1/5 to tonyim...@gmail.com on Tue Feb 2 19:14:28 2021
    On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10:53:28 PM UTC-7, tonyim...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi there. I've have had this parody stuck in my head since I heard it in the early 90s, and to my delight I just came across this discussion. Finally some proof that I wasn't just imagining it! Any chance I could get a copy of that mp3? Also do you
    happen have any info on who wrote it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Danielle Gensch@21:1/5 to tonyim...@gmail.com on Mon May 24 11:19:24 2021
    On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 1:53:28 AM UTC-4, tonyim...@gmail.com wrote:

OMG! I'm not alone in this quest?!? It wasn't just a fever dream!!
    Mr. Tony, sir, I think you possess the Holy Grail of all music parodies, so can you PLEASE share it with us somehow??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lauren Scully@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 31 19:37:58 2023
    Did you ever get the recording of this parody? I'm several years late to the original thread, but I too have been searching for a LOOOOONG time and thought I was the only one who remembered the McDonalds REM parody from radio-yesteryear.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lynda Naclerio@21:1/5 to tonyim...@gmail.com on Mon Apr 3 20:51:58 2023
    Hi, can you send me the mp3 of the REM parody?

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 1:53:28 AM UTC-4, tonyim...@gmail.com wrote:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05