• Re: Cynthia Lennon's Friendship with May Pang

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Thu Jan 13 05:25:28 2022
    On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 8:21:46 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
    In her book John, Cynthia Lennon says that she was invited to the US in the early 80s for an exhibition of her artwork at a Long Island gallery. Finding herself alone in the States, Cynthia decided to phone May Pang. May invited Cynthia over, and the
    two became friends. The following is quoted directly from Cynthia's book:

During that visit, May told me much more about her relationship with John. She believed John had loved her -- he had told her so frequently, and they'd had some very happy times. When he had gone back to Yoko, May was shocked, because he had told her
    only days previously that he never would. Even when he did, it was not the end of their relationship: he continued to see her as a lover until 1977, and after that they talked from time to time on the phone. She had last spoken to him during the summer
    before he died.

It was from May I learned that John's reluctance to see or have contact with me was fueled by Yoko, who told him constantly that I still loved him and would do anything to get him back. I had already suspected that this was so, and, of course, I did
    still love John, but I had never considered the possibility of us getting back together: I had moved on to other relationships, just as he had. All I ever wanted was for us to be friends, as so many ex-partners are, for the sake of our shared history and
    our child. I was sad to think that he and I had been denied friendship because Yoko felt threatened by me.

[End of excerpt.]

BTW, Cynthia's drawings are good. Several of them appear in her first book A Twist of Lennon, and a couple of them can be found (with the addition of watercolor) in John. Cynthia never touted her drawings to hell or claimed that being a supposed member
    of the "art world" prevented her from knowing who the Beatles were; however, she had genuine artistic ability.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 13 05:21:45 2022
    In her book John, Cynthia Lennon says that she was invited to the US in the early 80s for an exhibition of her artwork at a Long Island gallery. Finding herself alone in the States, Cynthia decided to phone May Pang. May invited Cynthia over, and the
    two became friends. The following is quoted directly from Cynthia's book:

During that visit, May told me much more about her relationship with John. She believed John had loved her -- he had told her so frequently, and they'd had some very happy times. When he had gone back to Yoko, May was shocked, because he had told
    her only days previously that he never would. Even when he did, it was not the end of their relationship: he continued to see her as a lover until 1977, and after that they talked from time to time on the phone. She had last spoken to him during the
    summer before he died.

It was from May I learned that John's reluctance to see or have contact with me was fueled by Yoko, who told him constantly that I still loved him and would do anything to get him back. I had already suspected that this was so, and, of course, I
    did still love John, but I had never considered the possibility of us getting back together: I had moved on to other relationships, just as he had. All I ever wanted was for us to be friends, as so many ex-partners are, for the sake of our shared
    history and our child. I was sad to think that he and I had been denied friendship because Yoko felt threatened by me.

[End of excerpt.]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)