• Re: Paul's arrest in Japan

From curtissdubois@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Richard Fangnail on Wed Jan 5 11:24:33 2022
    On Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 12:12:08 PM UTC-4, Richard Fangnail wrote:
    Albert Goldman's book suggests that Paul's arrest was engineered by
    Yoko!! That's hard to swallow. It was partly revenge for Paul and
    Linda gloating over getting a room at the top-rate hotel where John and
    Yoko had previously been denied a room.

I wonder about this one.

Yoko has been pretty vindictive towards Paul over the decades.

What's Goldman's evidence?

And has Yoko ever responded too the allegation?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to curtis...@gmail.com on Fri Jan 7 20:14:31 2022
    On Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 1:24:35 PM UTC-6, curtis...@gmail.com wrote:
    Albert Goldman's book suggests that Paul's arrest was engineered by
    Yoko!! That's hard to swallow. It was partly revenge for Paul and
    Linda gloating over getting a room at the top-rate hotel where John and Yoko had previously been denied a room.
    I wonder about this one.

According to Robert Rosen in Nowhere Man, Yoko just put a curse on them...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to pamel...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 8 04:29:56 2022
    On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 11:14:33 PM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
    Albert Goldman's book suggests that Paul's arrest was engineered by Yoko!! That's hard to swallow. It was partly revenge for Paul and
    Linda gloating over getting a room at the top-rate hotel where John and Yoko had previously been denied a room.
    I wonder about this one.

According to Fred Seaman, Paul had wanted to visit John prior to his departure for Japan; he had wished to share some "dynamite weed" with John.. Yoko wouldn't put Paul through to John. Paul retaliated by telling Yoko that he (Paul) and his entourage
    would be staying at the Hotel Okura in Tokyo -- the Lennons' preferred hotel and in their favorite posh "Presidential" suite, no less.

Yoko spent the next day huddled with her tarot card reader John Green. The following day, McCartney was busted for attempting to bring marijuana into Japan.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Mon Jan 10 05:24:42 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:29:58 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
    Albert Goldman's book suggests that Paul's arrest was engineered by Yoko!! That's hard to swallow. It was partly revenge for Paul and Linda gloating over getting a room at the top-rate hotel where John and
    I wonder about this one.

According to Fred Seaman, Paul had wanted to visit John prior to his departure for Japan; he had wished to share some "dynamite weed" with John.. Yoko wouldn't put Paul through to John. Paul retaliated by telling Yoko that he (Paul) and his entourage
    would be staying at the Hotel Okura in Tokyo -- the Lennons' preferred hotel and in their favorite posh "Presidential" suite, no less.

Yoko spent the next day huddled with her tarot card reader John Green. The following day, McCartney was busted for attempting to bring marijuana into Japan.

That makes sense...looks like Yoko can cast a powerful curse when needed...fortunately, it did no lasting harm...but it was a lot of inconvenience...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to pamel...@gmail.com on Mon Jan 10 05:55:22 2022
    On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:24:44 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 6:29:58 AM UTC-6, Norbert K wrote:
    Albert Goldman's book suggests that Paul's arrest was engineered by Yoko!! That's hard to swallow. It was partly revenge for Paul and Linda gloating over getting a room at the top-rate hotel where John and
    I wonder about this one.

That makes sense...looks like Yoko can cast a powerful curse when needed...fortunately, it did no lasting harm...but it was a lot of inconvenience...

Paul penned a document about the whole experience and distributed it among his friends. I wish I could look at it.

He also stated to the press that he thought he had derived a song from the Japanese prison experience. I wonder how far along that project went.

There's something I want to say about Yoko's tarot card reader John Green, but I'll wait till I have his book at hand.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05